SOAPnet to transform into 24 hour Disney Jr Channel 2012

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
jediliz
Special Edition

Post by jediliz »

as long as they also show movies....they can't just show the same episodes of the shows over and over doing the day....it would get repetitive.

My cable company, time warner, is moving Soapnet to the digital tier (I THINK....I may be wrong...I may have tossed the note from the cable bill about the channel changes)....which means when it becomes Disney Junior...a lot of families might not be able to watch it. Nick Jr is a lower channel. PBS Spout is a digital tier, though.
Disney Channel died when they stopped airing movies with Haley mills (Parent Trap and Pollyanna) and fun adventure movies like Swiss Family Robinson. R.I.P. the REAL Disney Channel. Date of Death: When the shows became teenie bopperish.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Disney Junior Begins Production on Animated 'Oki's Oasis' Starring Mandy Moore
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... oto-251487

Mandy is such a busy lady- this is the 4th Disney project of late (Tangled, the new Tron cartoon, her new ABC show, and now this)!!!
musicradio77
Anniversary Edition

Post by musicradio77 »

I'm trying to bump this thread a little bit from last year that I haven't had to watched the last minutes of SOAPnet until it became Disney Jr. last night, I was surfing through the channels on my Time Warner Cable that channel 127 is still running SOAPnet while Disney Jr. is on channel 145 since I don't get it in my area. That must be a problem, no significant changes, no sign-offs, no goodbyes, no announcements, nothing. What's the point? :x

I'm not a big soap opera fan and I don't watch SOAPnet, and I'm not a big fan of Disney Jr. as well, but I'm too old for that. My grandmother used to watch soaps since I was a kid back in the 80's, but I haven't had a chance to watch it. I guess SOAPnet will still be on channel 127 for the time being.
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

I still have Soapnet on IO Digital Cable. DisneyJunior is Channel 126 on my cable provider.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

We finally got Disney Junior on our Cable system here in Kansas, and even I find myself drawn to sone of the classic shows that have now returned to help fill the 24 hour schedule of Disney Jr.

"Higglytown Heroes", "Role Polie Olie", "The Little Mermaid", "Timon and Pumba", and many, many other shows from the past are now back on television again. My four-year-old grand daughter thinks that this is all brand new, which it is to her. She loves it all, and we don't have to look far to find her, she is usually in her room playing with the Disney Jr. channel on for company.

I am really happy with what they have done to Disney Jr. and glad that SoapNet is still on also. Don't know when or if soapNet is going bye-bye, but as long as we have Disney Jr. that is all okay with me.
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!