Intrada Disney soundtracks (The Three Musketeers)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Chernabog
Special Edition

Post by Chernabog »

That is my guess too!
Mr arrow
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Mr arrow »

I was gonna say Condorman...but as it is 1981 it cant be...I guess you guys might be right with the Island prediction...I hope so!
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

I'd love to see new releases of the Muppet movies soundtracks. Depends though on who owns the rights to release the soundtrack? Oh, and I like to see a 4-disc ultimate edition of the Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack with all the music from the Tim Burton and Danny Elfman 25th AE set, plus from the original soundtrack, and the song covers from different artists.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Mickeyfan1990 wrote:I'd love to see new releases of the Muppet movies soundtracks. Depends though on who owns the rights to release the soundtrack?
Muppet's Christmas Carol:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Muppet-Christ ... L72D9ZR514

Muppet's Treasure Island:

http://www.amazon.com/Muppet-Treasure-I ... L72D9ZR514

The Muppets:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Muppets-Kermi ... L72D9ZR514

The other four films have soundtracks too, however, the prices each is going for on the second hand market is ridiculous. It would be great to have those soundtracks that are OOP to come back, I agree.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
disneyfella
Anniversary Edition

Post by disneyfella »

The Disney/Intrada album of "The Island at the Top of the World" is up for sale now on their site. I went ahead and picked up a copy and can't wait to get it. You can stream a few tracks from their website for samples, and this album sounds amazing. Can't wait to see what other rarities are on the way :)
"It's Kind Of Fun To Do The Impossible"
- Walt Disney

FrankV
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FrankV »

Artwork and tracklist:

01. Title & Theme 2:38
02. We're Under Way 1:46
03. The Dirigible 3:12
04. Full Speed 0:53
05. Traveling 5:19
06. Oomiak Is Trapped 2:02
07. Follow It 2:14
08. The Storm 1:43
09. They Start the Trek 1:50
10. Donald's House 1:40
11. We Know Donald 2:11
12. The Viking City 2:26
13. The Chase 4:34
14. In the Volcano 2:08
15. Burning Lava 1:56
16. Escape Through the Ice Palace 1:58
17. Battle with the Sea Beasts 2:36
18. Flyin' Without Engine 2:41
19. God's Punishment 1:45
20. Happy Ending 1:25

www.intrada.com
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Here are some Disney Albums I found over at Intrada that doesn't see to have been mentioned on this thread yet:

Honey, I Shrunk the Kids
http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.6098/.f

Eloise at the Plaza/ Eloise at Christmas Time
http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.5146/.f

The Journey of Natty Gann
http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.6252/.f

John Carter
http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.7 ... category=5

Now all four of these titles are listed as "Out of Stock" or "Sold Out." I'm not sure if that means they really are sold out or if they just have not fully been released yet, but none the less, this is very cool. We have a list of all the Disney albums from Intrada on Open Vault Disney now.

http://openvaultdisney.wordpress.com/co ... -releases/
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
FrankV
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FrankV »

Intrada releases two types of Disney titles. Titles that are released by Intrada that are licensed from Disney and titles that are released by Intrada and Walt Disney Records.

Titles licensed from Disney:

- A Far Off Place (James Horner)
- Baby: Secret of the Lost Legend (Jerry Goldsmith)
- Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey (Bruce Broughton)
- Honey, I Shrunk the Kids (James Horner)
- Honey, I Blew Up the Kid (Bruce Broughton)
- Island at the Top of the World (Maurice Jarre)
- Journey of Natty Gann (James Horner)
- Night Crossing (Jerry Goldsmith)
- One Little Indian (Jerry Goldsmith)
- Something Wicked This Way Comes (James Horner)
- Squanto: A Warrior's Tale (Joel McNeely)

Except for Island at the Top of the World and Squanto: A Warrior's Tale none of them are available anymore.

Titles released by Intrada and Walt Disney Records:

- 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (Paul J. Smith)
- The Black Hole (John Barry)
- Toy Story 3 (Randy Newman)
- Up (Michael Giacchino)

Eloise at the Plaza / Eloise at Christmastime are films that are distributed in the US by Disney, but they are not Disney films. Handmade Films released them and Intrada licensed the music from Handmade Films.

John Carter is released by Walt Disney Records. Intrada has nothing to do with this release.
FrankV
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FrankV »

From Intrada:
Just an update that the co-branded Disney/Intrada title won't quite be ready in time, so we're moving it to the next release window. So you can focus more on the 2-CD set to the live action 90s Disney film instead.
So, the animated title Intrada said to release on March 20 will be released on April 3.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

FrankV wrote: John Carter is released by Walt Disney Records. Intrada has nothing to do with this release.
That's what I was thinking, but why is it on their site? Just to sell it for the sake of it?

BTW, how do you know as much about all of this as you do if you don't mind my asking?

-Walt Disney
Chernabog
Special Edition

Post by Chernabog »

Intrada is a store AND a record company, so they also sell other CDs than their own releases.

All the news and discussions is from the board over at Intrada.
FrankV
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FrankV »

milojthatch wrote:BTW, how do you know as much about all of this as you do if you don't mind my asking?
Chernabog wrote:All the news and discussions is from the board over at Intrada.
Chernabog gave the right answer.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Chernabog wrote:Intrada is a store AND a record company, so they also sell other CDs than their own releases.

Where is this board? I've been on their site many times over, and the news posts is all that I've ever seen.

How do you know which is which between Intrada specific releases?

-Walt Disney
FrankV
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FrankV »

milojthatch wrote:
Chernabog wrote:Intrada is a store AND a record company, so they also sell other CDs than their own releases.

Where is this board? I've been on their site many times over, and the news posts is all that I've ever seen.

How do you know which is which between Intrada specific releases?
This is the Intrada message board:

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/index.php

Here you can find announcements for the new releases (you can also see them on the main page):

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewforum ... 9281d4da6c

And here you can clues about the new titles they are going to release:

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewforum ... 9281d4da6c

If you want to know which specific release it is just read the announcements and clues. Intrada always says which kind of release they are releasing (Special Collection or co-branded Intrada/Disney titles).
FrankV
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FrankV »

The last clue about the Disney CD Intrada is releasing tomorrow:
  • we'll just be adding one new release to our plate this Tuesday. But being a 2-CD set, licensed from our good friends at Disney, it's certainly no slouch. You'll have a chance to enjoy a score you've often requested, though a lot of it you've never heard before. With numerous hurdles to have jumped over and nearly two hours of music direct from multi-track stereo session masters, this one's a pretty nifty value at $24.99. Check out the artwork and sound samples Monday evening. Orders begin shipping this Tuesday, March the 20th. In my humble opinion, you're in for quite a treat!
Some people on the various message boards think the CD will be White Fang. A lot of music was composed for this film which was not used and three composers worked on this picture (Basil Poledouris, Hans Zimmer and Shirley Walker).
FrankV
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FrankV »

Intrada announces:

Wow! Treat for Basil Poledouris AND Hans Zimmer fans! World premiere 2-CD release of both composer's powerful soundtracks for Randal Kleiser filming of Jack London's outdoor boy & wolf tale WHITE FANG, presented by Walt Disney Pictures, starring Ethan Hawke, Klaus Maria Brandauer, James Remar. CD1 offers rich, evocative score by Poledouris, given primary credit in finished film. Stately main theme in major key anchors, while numerous motifs, smaller ideas create multi-layered musical tapestry of turn-of-the-19th-century gold prospecting in Alaska. In contrast are sequences both frightening, tender. Several cues never before heard add depth to impressive score. But there's much more! CD2 offers second score by Hans Zimmer, much of it also featured in film, with completely different thematic material spotlighting composer's then new meld of symphony with synthesizer. Early-ish Zimmer score offers perhaps his largest-scale scoring to that date. Powerful themes, aggressive action, rhythmic adventure, tingling suspense, gentle warmth... it's all here! And there's still more: also find exciting "Bear Attack" co-written by Shirley Walker & Zimmer as well as additional cues by Fiachra Trench. Finally, numerous saloon source cues composed by Poledouris round out lengthy 2-CD package. Newly-mixed and presented in dynamic stereo from both 24-track analog masters (format of choice for Poledouris), 32-track digital masters (format of choice for Zimmer), all vaulted in mint condition at Disney. Beautiful booklet design by Joe Sikoryak includes complete cue assembly & composer details for both scores plus informative notes from Jeff Bond. Two exciting scores from the same movie, available at last! Basil Poledouris conducts his score, recorded in Burbank, Shirley Walker conducts Hans Zimmer's score, recorded at Air-Edel Studios in London. Intrada Special Collection 2-CD release available while quantities and interest remain!

DISC ONE - Original Soundtrack by Basil Poledouris (Total Time: 61:57)

The Album

01. Main Title & Opening Credits 3:32
02. Golden Staircase 2:03
03. The Place 2:34
04. Death Of Kiche 2:08
05. Death Of Kiche [Revised] 1:14
06. Wolf Dance 6:48
07. Wolf Dance [Revised] 1:55
08. Slow Motion Wolves 1:15
09. Puppy Things 2:31
10. Fang On Sled 0:32
11. The River 1:42
12. The Bear Attack 3:14
13. The Cabin 2:14
14. The Cabin [Revised] 0:24
15. Mining Montage 0:47
16. Pit Fight 1:36
17. Jack Bit 2:51
18. Bonding 2:11
19. Just Friends 1:07
20. Gold Test 1:15
21. Fang's Revenge 1:10
22. Jack And White Fang 1:04
23. Jack Forces Fang Away 1:57
24. The Return 3:06
25. End Credits 3:51

Total Album Time 54:12

The Extras

26. Saloon Source 1:24
27. Saloon Source [Alternate] 1:19
28. Saloon Source #2 1:37
29. Saloon Source #2 [Alternate] 1:32
30. Sweet Betsy From Pike (Traditional, Arr. Basil Poledouris) 1:36

Total Extras Time 7:36

DISC TWO - Original Soundtrack by Hans Zimmer (Total Time: 57:16)

01. Opening Credits - Main Title 4:18
02. The Staircase 2:26 Hear This Track
03. The Trek Continues (Fiachra Trench) 1:51
04. Black Wolf 8:31
05. Full Moon Wolf Attack 1:20
06. Kiche's Demise 9:40
07. Seasons Pass 4:23
08. The Bear Attack (Shirley Walker / Hans Zimmer) 2:38
09. The Mine (Hans Zimmer / Fiachra Trench) 7:34
10. Fang With Jack 3:20
11. Vengeance Fulfilled 2:51
12. Home Again 8:16

Total Time: 119:23

More info:
http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.7430/.f
FrankV
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FrankV »

The first clue about the April 3rd release:
One release -- an Intrada/Disney release featuring a 1980s long sought after animated feature.
My guess is that the title is The Black Cauldron by Elmer Bernstein.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

FrankV wrote:The first clue about the April 3rd release:
One release -- an Intrada/Disney release featuring a 1980s long sought after animated feature.
My guess is that the title is The Black Cauldron by Elmer Bernstein.
That is what I'm thinking, which would be very cool.

-Walt Disney
FrankV
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FrankV »

Intrada and Walt Disney Records present:

At last! Treat for Elmer Bernstein fans, Disney soundtrack fans and lovers of great film music in general! World premiere of Elmer Bernstein's actual soundtrack for Walt Disney Pictures animation fantasy, directed by Ted Berman, Richard Rich. Not to be confused with roughly half hour of re-recorded highlights done by composer in Utah, new Disney/Intrada release offers all 75 minutes of music in dynamic stereo from actual multi-track soundtrack scoring session masters, lovingly produced by Disney's Randy Thornton. Bernstein offers wall-to-wall music for ambitious tale of young hero battling evil Horned King with titular cauldron at heart of conflict. Massive score plays as part of composer's high profile eighties animation/fantasy/sci-fi canon that includes HEAVY METAL, SATURN 3, GHOSTBUSTERS, SLIPSTREAM, SPACEHUNTER. Numerous themes populate florid score, colorful orchestrations abound. Spotlight splits between animated ideas for characters, thundering action they encounter. CD packaging sports beautiful cover painting of cauldron, liner notes by Jeff Bond & producer Thornton plus gorgeous full color shots of theatrical poster, detailed animation scenes, composer Bernstein at scoring sessions. Exciting entry in Disney/Intrada on-going series of classic soundtracks restored from the Disney vaults. Elmer Bernstein conducts.

TRACKLIST

01. Prologue 1:08
02. Dalben and the Warrior 3:56
03. A Special Pig and a Vision 2:46
04. Journey 3:32
05. Gurgi 4:31
06. Decision 2:23
07. Belly Good 1:08
08. The Horned King 1:23
09. A Second Vision 2:21
10. First Chase 1:36
11. Eilonwy 1:57
12. Rats and Tombs 2:21
13. Escape 1:45
14. Second Chase 4:02
15. In the Forest 1:27
16. Apology 3:16
17. Whirlpool 2:13
18. Fairfolk 3:08
19. Incantation 1:51
20. Morva 4:12
21. The Deal 0:57
22. Surrender 0:54
23. Disappointment 1:51
24. Confidence 2:05
25. Cauldron Born 3:32
26. Sacrifice 2:24
27. Destruction 2:33
28. He’s Gone 2:01
29. Bubble Up 0:43
30. Xchange 1:32
31. Gurgi Lives 2:07
32. End Titles 4:00

Total Disc Time: 75:27

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.7514/.f
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

That's what I'm talking about!! This is definitely the most exciting release of this project yet for me. Unreleased soundtracks to DACs? Awesome.

Does anyone know if Intrada's releases go out of print? Or if I want this, do I have to get it now?