ALF's Hit Talk Show

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
Papa Bear
Gold Classic Collection

ALF's Hit Talk Show

Post by Papa Bear »

I just read this on the Entertainment Weekly website and since I know Luke is a big Alf fan I thought I would post it.
From Carnac to Melmac
Alf gets his own talk show. The alien former sitcom star will host ''Alf's Hit Talk Show'' on TV Land, for at least one night, complete with Ed McMahon as sidekick by Gary Susman

Well, if Space Ghost can host his own talk show, why not space refugee Alf? The 1980s sitcom alien will get his chance behind the desk on July 7 when TV Land airs the optimistically titled ''Alf's Hit Talk Show.'' The smartass extraterrestrial, who resurfaced in recent years as a phone service commercial pitchcreature, has even coaxed another NBC figure out of retirement to serve as his second banana: 81-year-old ''Tonight Show'' mainstay Ed McMahon. Alf's guests include Dennis Franz, Drew Carey, Joan Rivers, and Henry Winkler.

Of TV Land's decision to give him a platform, the feline-flesh-fancying alien said in a statement, ''They have demonstrated superb taste by giving me my own show and it's humbling that they recognize my unequaled genius.'' Of course, for the rerun-driven nostalgia channel, the show is a one-shot, a lead-in that will kick off a marathon of old ''Alf'' episodes from the sitcom's 1986-90 run. Of course, if ''Alf's Hit Talk Show'' really is a hit, it could be the pilot for an ongoing series. America, lock up your cats.

(Posted:06/30/04)
Disney Guru
Platinum Edition

ALF"S TALK SHOW

Post by Disney Guru »

I know I watch TV LAND Everyday and I have been seeing the previews for Alf's Talk Show I hear it is a big hit. Can't wait to see it. I hope you enjoy it Luke it is really funny.
"I have this tremendous energy. I just loved and love life. I love it today. I never want to die."
~Jayne Meadows Allen~
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

I'm looking forward to it and just hoping it stays on long enough for me to catch it. ALF and the Fonz together? Sounds cool.

But I doubt it will have the same charm of the '80s sitcom, which I'm thrilled is finally coming to DVD in season sets this summer! :)