Walt Disney Pictures Has a New Logo

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

Dr Frankenollie wrote:I don't understand what you mean by this. The slight change in the logo is hardly a clue to Bob Iger's grand conspiracy to, er, make us forget who Walt was.
Well, I've read that there was a bitter feud between the Walt Disney Company and the few remaining family members, but that it thawed to allow some of the material to be presented. But I'm guessing that the company wishes that it owned the museum outright.
musicradio77
Anniversary Edition

Post by musicradio77 »

Thanks for the update! It was kinda weird that they dropped the name "Walt Disney Pictures" and calling it "Disney". I've never seen any of the new Disney films that has an updated logo that says "Disney" instead of "Walt Disney Pictures", same logo intro from 2006, but it has the word "Disney" instead of "Walt Disney Pictures'. Every DVD or Blu-Ray titles that has the word "Disney" in the intro like the you've seen in recent theatrical releases such as "The Muppets".

Instead of calling "Walt Disney Pictures", call it "Disney Pictures". Every film that bears the name "Walt Disney" which has been for so many decades has been changed over the last two months since they dropped the name "Walt" out of the picture.

We'll keep an eye if any new Disney films comes out to see the updated version of the 2006 logo with the word "Disney" instead of "Walt Disney Pictures".
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

musicradio77 wrote:Thanks for the update! It was kinda weird that they dropped the name "Walt Disney Pictures" and calling it "Disney". I've never seen any of the new Disney films that has an updated logo that says "Disney" instead of "Walt Disney Pictures", same logo intro from 2006, but it has the word "Disney" instead of "Walt Disney Pictures'. Every DVD or Blu-Ray titles that has the word "Disney" in the intro like the you've seen in recent theatrical releases such as "The Muppets".

Instead of calling "Walt Disney Pictures", call it "Disney Pictures". Every film that bears the name "Walt Disney" which has been for so many decades has been changed over the last two months since they dropped the name "Walt" out of the picture.

We'll keep an eye if any new Disney films comes out to see the updated version of the 2006 logo with the word "Disney" instead of "Walt Disney Pictures".
How did "Beauty and the Beast" look?
musicradio77
Anniversary Edition

Post by musicradio77 »

Big Disney Fan wrote:How did "Beauty and the Beast" look?
I don't know, I didn't checked it, but I'll have to wait until new Disney films coming out maybe this year including "Brave" and a few other new films or wait until "The Muppets" will be coming out on Blu-Ray in March to see the updated version of the 2006 logo with the word "Disney" instead of "Walt Disney Pictures". Here is an example of what it looked like. This is from many of the Disney DVD and Blu-Ray titles that uses the name "Disney" with a different theme.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/o2QSSX0oLDo" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Polizzi
Special Edition

Post by Polizzi »

That music was borrowed from Warner Bros., "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves," starring Kevin Costner and Alan Rickman.
musicradio77
Anniversary Edition

Post by musicradio77 »

Polizzi wrote:That music was borrowed from Warner Bros., "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves," starring Kevin Costner and Alan Rickman.
Yep! The shorter version of the music can be found on all DVD and Blu-Ray releases.

BTW, I went to the movies earlier today and saw "The Secret Life of Arrietty" and I saw the updated version of the logo. It uses the same element from 2006 and then instead of saying "Walt Disney Pictures", it should say "Disney". I liked it a lot more than the previous logos from before. When I saw the "Diamond Edition" of "Lady and the Tramp", on the back of the Blu-Ray, it did not say "Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment" anymore, it should say "Disney". Nice update.
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Re: Walt Disney Pictures Has a New Logo

Post by Big Disney Fan »

I had just seen "The Lone Ranger", and at the very end of the credits, with the 2006 WDP logo, instead of saying just "Disney", it actually said, "Walt Disney Pictures".
Gabrielkat
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Gabrielkat »

Big Disney Fan wrote:I had just seen "The Lone Ranger", and at the very end of the credits, with the 2006 WDP logo, instead of saying just "Disney", it actually said, "Walt Disney Pictures".
But at the beginning of the film, the 2006 WDP logo still simply says "Disney".

By any chance, did the opening credits mention "Walt Disney Pictures" as well, or did it just simply say "Disney" like on Monsters University?
disneyftw1
Gold Classic Collection

Post by disneyftw1 »

Big Disney Fan wrote:I had just seen "The Lone Ranger", and at the very end of the credits, with the 2006 WDP logo, instead of saying just "Disney", it actually said, "Walt Disney Pictures".
"Disney" at the beginning, then "Walt Disney Pictures" at the end. ... no complaints there.
This is DisneyFTW1, a former Youtube account that was terminated by Disney themselves. My current Youtube Account is FilmFTW2 (FilmFTW1 was terminated). Youtube sucks when it comes to film uploads, and it sucks even more when major corporations are following your channels. But what can I do?
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

disneyftw1 wrote:
"Disney" at the beginning, then "Walt Disney Pictures" at the end. ... no complaints there.
Yeah, but they had up to now done "Disney" at both beginning and end.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

This is the final nail in the coffin of the Blue Castle logo. As you may know, the blue castle was still used as the logo of Disney Television Animation.

But on October 11, it was changed to this. The new logo was designed by Paul Rudish and the layout was done by Mike Moon.

Source: http://andybialk.blogspot.com/2013/10/n ... -logo.html
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
zackisthewalrus
Anniversary Edition

Post by zackisthewalrus »

RIP Blue Castle
"No day but today."
My YouTube Channel
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

zackisthewalrus wrote:RIP Blue Castle
It wasn't much of a loss after they dropped the "Walt". I really couldn't stand to look at it. I'd always try to avert my eyes.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

I'm surprised actually. Not that they removed the castle (I'm surprised they didn't get ride of it a while ago) but that apparently the new Mickey shorts were/are popular enough that they would put him in the logo. I guess this new design is more permanent than we thought.
zackisthewalrus
Anniversary Edition

Post by zackisthewalrus »

Big Disney Fan wrote:
zackisthewalrus wrote:RIP Blue Castle
It wasn't much of a loss after they dropped the "Walt". I really couldn't stand to look at it. I'd always try to avert my eyes.
Yeah, the blue castle with just "Disney" wasn't very pretty.
"No day but today."
My YouTube Channel
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

I love the blue castle of course, and it certainly holds a ton of nostalgia for all of us that grew up with it... but I'm glad to see something new. It's time for a change. And I like that it's similar to the WDAS logo, just with the new Mickey design. It seems all three Disney Animation studios are slowly creating a stronger brand identity, which I feel is a very good thing.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

You can celebrate the memory of the former logo by purchasing a T-Shirt Officially made by Disney. However you would need a D23 account to buy it. I can't remember if a free D23 account would let you purchase merchandise or not.

http://www.disneystore.com/mp/1337356/1 ... 23_FanFare
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

You probably already knew that the post-2006 castle logo was designed and directed by Mike Gabriel but did you know that the music was done by Mark Mancina? The bit of original score at the beginning before it fades into When You Wish Upon a Star was written by him.
Mark Mancina wrote:If you see any Disney movie, the castle logo at the beginning before we go into When You Wish Upon a Star is my music and I kind of put that logo together. I was asked to write something and then include When You Wish Upon a Star. So, every Disney movie has that at the beginning. It's a nice little signature to have.

I had a really great relationship at Disney with a gentleman named Chris Montan. Chris was the head of music for Disney and did all these successful movies going back to Beauty and the Beast. He's just an amazing guy. He really always believed in me and when they needed a logo he really had no idea what they wanted. He just said 'Listen, Mark. Why don't you write two or three different ones?' So, I did at least three or four based on all sorts of Disney stuff. One of them was based on Circle of Life. One of them was based on an Alan Menken track. I can't remember the name of the song right now but it's great. So, we tried all these different Disney classics that we all know like Beauty and the Beast but it came back to When You Wish Upon a Star. When you hear that theme, it just makes you want to sit on your couch and watch a Disney movie, you know? It just does that, somehow. I wrote that setup to set up that theme and I just really like it. I think it's really pretty and makes me feel good that it's out there.
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6RdmzAbFgs
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

He did a good job with the logo's music. I'm glad they decided to stick with "When You Wish Upon a Star", but I would like to hear the other versions too.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Same. When You Wish Upon a Star was the best choice, but I wish we could hear the other songs they thought of using as well.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey