The Aristocats Blu-ray (August 21, 2012)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Christopher_TCUIH
Special Edition

Post by Christopher_TCUIH »

^ Thank you. That is helpful/great information (:
abenotgabe
Gold Classic Collection

Post by abenotgabe »

Thanks for all of that info Albert. I've never really understood all this aspect ratio stuff until now.
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

So, is Artistocats going to be realeased or not?
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Trailer

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rvAxUXs0gWo" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Last edited by Sotiris on Wed May 30, 2012 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Escapay wrote:Widescreen can be achieved in one of two ways. For a very quick and simple explanation...

Albert
That was a very useful post, thank you for that!
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Victurtle
Special Edition

Post by Victurtle »

I love that they are advertising it as a real SPECIAL EDITION (not anniversary edition) with crazy new bonus features :D

I'm really excited for it!

Thanks to its 2007 restoration, do you think that the video will be much better than TFATH? I was very disappointed to see about 30% of the scenes in the second half to be SD (if that).
Last edited by Victurtle on Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patrick
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Patrick »

I'm surprised they didn't do similar trailer to Lady and the Tramp! They used a popular song and edited the film to appear like something that would be in theaters today. I'm glad for this film they chose to stay true to the original rather than market it as something it's not.
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

Victurtle wrote:I love that they are advertising it as a real SPECIAL EDITION (not anniversary edition) with crazy new bonus features :D

I'm really excited for it!

Thanks to its 2007 restoration, do you that the video will be much better than TFATH? I was very disappointed to see about 30% of the scenes in the second half to be SD (if that).
I know I hope it is. I love this movie.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Wow, what a well done trailer ! Really impressed by that; perfectly suited to the film.

I hope the bonus feautures are craaaaazy good too.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Yeah, I wanna see a boatload of bonus features on this release, unlike last release where they screwed us over!
jpanimation
Anniversary Edition

Post by jpanimation »

Wow, so it's actually happening. I'm surprised, it just seems like there is so many [Blus] rumored for this year that at least some of them had to be fake but it's looking like they aren't. Good, the more the merrier, I mean, releasing them slowly hasn't guaranteed quality, just look at how many of the Blus have been stiffed on bonus features (I'm looking at you, The Fox and the Hound).

Also, "Walt Disney" The Aristocats...WALT DISNEY????
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

jpanimation wrote:Also, "Walt Disney" The Aristocats...WALT DISNEY????
That really bugged me as well. :x
jpanimation
Anniversary Edition

Post by jpanimation »

I'm just saying, The Lady and the Tramp Blu-ray has "Disney." It boggles the mind.
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

jpanimation wrote:I'm just saying, The Lady and the Tramp Blu-ray has "Disney." It boggles the mind.
The trailer for the Diamond Edition of Lady and the Tramp said "Walt Disney", so we can probably expect that the cover artwork will only say "Disney" for the Aristocats as well.

See the LatT trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNEk6TRbTEo
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

SWillie! wrote:
jpanimation wrote:I'm just saying, The Lady and the Tramp Blu-ray has "Disney." It boggles the mind.
The trailer for the Diamond Edition of Lady and the Tramp said "Walt Disney", so we can probably expect that the cover artwork will only say "Disney" for the Aristocats as well.

The Blu-ray cover for LatT says "Disney" though. :x
Ugrateful as*****!!!!
DancingCrab
Anniversary Edition

Post by DancingCrab »

Lnds500 wrote:
SWillie! wrote: The trailer for the Diamond Edition of Lady and the Tramp said "Walt Disney", so we can probably expect that the cover artwork will only say "Disney" for the Aristocats as well.

The Blu-ray cover for LatT says "Disney" though. :x
Ugrateful as*****!!!!
Uhh...didn't SWillie just say that already in what you quoted? The point was that the TRAILER for LatT said "Walt Disney" BUT the blu-ray box just says "Disney" so the same can be expected from Aristocats.
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

DancingCrab wrote:
Lnds500 wrote: The Blu-ray cover for LatT says "Disney" though. :x
Ugrateful as*****!!!!
Uhh...didn't SWillie just say that already in what you quoted? The point was that the TRAILER for LatT said "Walt Disney" BUT the blu-ray box just says "Disney" so the same can be expected from Aristocats.
yeah.. OVEREXCITEMENT. :oops: :P
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

All of these releases sound great for all over the world...

WHEN THE HELL ARE WE GOING TO GET ANY CONFIRMATION FOR A US RELEASE FOR ANY of these releases!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God, I'm too impatient for all of this waiting!
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

In a way, the TBA release date could give us a chance to request Disney to add both wide and full screen ratios. It worked with Looney Tunes, so we should give it a shot for the 1963-1977 animated Disney films.
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

Mickeyfan1990 wrote:In a way, the TBA release date could give us a chance to request Disney to add both wide and full screen ratios. It worked with Looney Tunes, so we should give it a shot for the 1963-1977 animated Disney films.
That would be amazing but
1) I don't know if it's technically feasible yet (doesn't it require 2 different files?)
2) I don't think Disney would care, given their record on aspect ratios and censorship. Warner is better at those kinds of things.