Australian Disney DVD and Blu-ray Release Info - Ongoing

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Topher
Limited Issue

Post by Topher »

So I just got the FATH Blu Ray from JB HI-FI just before. Haven't watched it yet so I can't comment on it. But I ignored that apprehensive voice in my head that told me I should wait until tomorrow to enter my DMR points.
"No", I thought. "It will all be ok and I will get my 400 points."

I didn't. :x

So, I guess I know for the 40 other Disney Blu Rays that are coming out this month :lol:. And really, there isn't anything I want in the higher points brackets since they got rid of the giant Simba...so I can still get some good stuff in the middle. And I can't complain since I have poached a few DRM points from family members discs anyway!
sambadude
Gold Classic Collection

Post by sambadude »

planecrazy wrote:JB Hi-Fi has the standard LK trilogy set on Blu Ray for $85 and an 8 Disc set for $115.

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/dvd/dvd- ... ray/654028

I am kinda torn between which set to buy. 3D or not 3D. DVD copies don't really worry me too much.
Sanity are cheaper on all formats which is surprising! DVD for $24.99 (JB has it for $38.99??), Blu-Ray/DVD for $34.99 and 3D for $39.99 and the trilogy packs are $74.99 DVD and $94.99 Blu-Ray

http://www.sanity.com.au/specials/772/The_Lion_King

Plus they've got a pretty sweet looking LK wallpaper thing surrounding their site at the moment!
Victurtle
Special Edition

Post by Victurtle »

Seems like JB changed their prices recently, this morning the DVD was $20ish and the Trilogy BD was 85. I suspect these will be the opening day prices.

I bought WTP today :D TFATH is 28.82 @ Big W.
Loomis
Signature Collection
Location: Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Post by Loomis »

The Winnie the Poog Blu-ray is out now in Australia (via Big W). I've just posted a review here:

http://www.thereelbits.com/2011/10/09/b ... -the-pooh/

It seems to be the same as the US copy, just a few weeks earlier. Enjoy!
Behind the Panels - Comic book news, reviews and podcast
The Reel Bits - All things film
Twitter - Follow me on Twitter
Topher
Limited Issue

Post by Topher »

So as though there weren't enough variations of the LK, Big W has a bonus pillowcase version, that appears to come in a slip cover judging by the image, which would make it the first since Snow White.

http://www.lasoo.com.au/offer/the-lion- ... =catalogue

Their trilogy pack is also cheaper at $76 which is a bit better.
Victurtle
Special Edition

Post by Victurtle »

Kmart has the TLK BD for $26, bargain!

I bought the Big W version, its great. I love the box, although it is double-width.
Haddad28
Limited Issue

Post by Haddad28 »

Sanity has a Buy One Get One Half off on some Disney movies!

http://www.sanity.com.au/specials/862/D ... ce_Blu-Ray
Kirben
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Kirben »

The Coming Soon section at EzyDVD web site added several February 2012 releases:

1st February 2012
Lady and the Tramp II: Scamps Adventure (Blu-ray/DVD)
Lady and the Tramp II: Scamps Adventure
Lady and the Tramp (Blu-ray/DVD)
Lady and the Tramp (Special Edition)

EzyDVD no longer lists the distributor for new titles, so I might have missed the live action releases.

Unfortunately the Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment web site has gone, so upcoming details are difficult to find now.
Victurtle
Special Edition

Post by Victurtle »

The Lion King sequels will be released on DVD/Blu-ray on the 04/04/2011 (source: Disneymovierewards.com.au)
Sura_Germany

Post by Sura_Germany »

Hi, I have a question. Do the australien Covers always hav the patch with the age on the front, or is it possible to take it off like a sticker???
Kirben
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Kirben »

Sura_Germany wrote:Do the australien Covers always hav the patch with the age on the front, or is it possible to take it off like a sticker???
Yes, unfortunately those large ugly ratings logos are standard on DVD covers, and aren't removable.
Kirben
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Kirben »

The Coming Soon section at EzyDVD web site added more February 2012 releases:

29th February 2012
Pocahontas (Special Edition)
Pocahontas 2: Journey to a New World (Special Edition)
Pocahontas 1 & 2 - Blu-Ray

The Pocahontas 1 & 2 bundle for Blu-Ray is annoying, I don't like been forced to buy these sequels.
Haddad28
Limited Issue

Post by Haddad28 »

What do you think the chances are that Disney will release a standalone version of Fox and the Hound on Blu-ray? I really don't want the sequel. I'm thinking I may import it from the US... Same will go for Pocahontas.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Haddad28 wrote:What do you think the chances are that Disney will release a standalone version of Fox and the Hound on Blu-ray? I really don't want the sequel. I'm thinking I may import it from the US... Same will go for Pocahontas.
Wait, import it FROM the US? As in get the US versions? Or did I misunderstand you?

I honestly am not sure if Disney will release any of these films on Blu-ray a second time or not. My feeling right now is that each of these films will be lucky to get a single release. Disney is starting to get really into digital releases and Iger especially is gung-ho about that, so these Blu-ray release each title gets may be the end of the line. But I really hope not. I'm not a fan of these title and actually am trying to get rid of the ones I bought. I had a completes mentality for a long time and bought a lot of garbage DTV films becuase of that mentality, but no more!
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Victurtle
Special Edition

Post by Victurtle »

Do you mean UK? US has got the same 2 movie collection as Aus (+DVD copies).

I am quite chuffed we seem to be getting Pocahontas before anyone else. And our diamond edition release is a week before the US, rather than behind. Then there's Winnie the Pooh :)
Topher
Limited Issue

Post by Topher »

I actually don't mind the Pocahontas cover too much. It will look good next to the Fantasia double pack I got from JB HiFi, and no yellow banner like on a lot of others. But I am just hoping that it will be a two disc set, not both movies on the one disc with no special features.

Oh yeah, I changed my user name too.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Victurtle wrote:Do you mean UK? US has got the same 2 movie collection as Aus (+DVD copies).
That is what I thought and why I was puzzled. So did the UK get a "Fox and the Hound" blu-ray yet then?
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Haddad28
Limited Issue

Post by Haddad28 »

Woops, I was under the impression that the US had separate releases of tFatH & 2. I haven't really been paying attention to releases as of late! Sorry for the confusion.

I really have been wanting to watch it so I may have to buy it though. Ah well... But with the Pocahontas release, I may just import it. I don't like the sequels, and it'd probably be cheaper. This also isn't giving me much hope for the eventual releases of Mulan, Tarzan, Lilo and Stitch.. Or anything with a sequel to be honest. Anything for HoND however would be fantastic.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Haddad28 wrote:Woops, I was under the impression that the US had separate releases of tFatH & 2. I haven't really been paying attention to releases as of late! Sorry for the confusion.

I really have been wanting to watch it so I may have to buy it though. Ah well... But with the Pocahontas release, I may just import it. I don't like the sequels, and it'd probably be cheaper. This also isn't giving me much hope for the eventual releases of Mulan, Tarzan, Lilo and Stitch.. Or anything with a sequel to be honest. Anything for HoND however would be fantastic.
I happen to know for a fact that we'll be seeing this trend with future releases in at least the US and I imagine the rest of the World. I'm not a fan and myself would like to know if any other country has just "Fox and the Hound" on Blu by itself. Not will to own that garbage sequel again.

-Walt Disney
Scamander
Special Edition

Post by Scamander »

It's been confirmed that Disney Germany will release Pocahontas as well FatH separated from their sequels.