Winnie the Pooh (2011)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

While I did see it weeks ago, I'm sure it didn't help too much. Good gravy, if Disney had JUST released this movie at a different time instead of the same time as Harry Potter, then maybe- just MAYBE- this would have probably done loads better.

But NOOOO!!!!! :x

Disney just HAD to botch it all up by pitting their only 'major' film of 2011 against the final film in one of the greatest film series of all time! Honestly, if I was some anti-Harry Potter fan, I'd probably be saying some sort of nonsense like saying how this is all J.K. Rowling's fault for creating Harry Potter in the first place, when it really isn't.

But seriously! Disney chose a TERRIBLE time to release the Pooh movie!! I mean, it would have done better if it didn't have to go up against HP, let alone Captain America and the stupid Smurfs!! :(
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

for once, i dont think the release date affected it. the HP fans at leaky liked hearing that pooh did well opening weekend and disney didnt shove it down our throats like tangled
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

I hope you're right on that part.
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

It's made a nice, tidy profit anyway. Check a couple of pages back for my Ramona and Beezus comparison.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Ok, so it's made over $32 million and cost $30 million and still is in theaters. While not a run away hit, it's not a flop.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
poohya

Post by poohya »

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/c54fjIpeR1s" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Winnie the Pooh and Burny, Too: A Chat with Animation Legend Burny Mattinson
http://animatedviews.com/2011/winnie-th ... mattinson/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
pinkrenata
Anniversary Edition

Post by pinkrenata »

WIST #1 (The pinkrenata Edition) -- Kram Nebuer: *mouth full of Oreos* Why do you have a picture of Bobby Driscoll?

"I'm a nudist!" - Tommy Kirk
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Okay, I looked at the review on Blu-ray.com, and judging by what I've read....

When it comes to BD releases for their newer theatrically-released films, they're INCREDIBLY lazy in terms of new special features, especially on the Blu-ray copies! :x
Christopher_TCUIH
Special Edition

Post by Christopher_TCUIH »

Aww man! An audio commentary would have been awesome. Maybe in 10 years for a "SPECIAL EDITION" eh. I love this movie though :)
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

Is there a coupon for Winnie the Pooh?
Christopher_TCUIH
Special Edition

Yeah $5 off only on the 3-disc Blu-ray/DVD/digital copy pack.

Does anyone know if this movie has an exclusive at Best Buy, Target etc?
jinkinquackers
Gold Classic Collection

Post by jinkinquackers »

@ Barbossa: Yessums. :)

$5 off the Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy Combo pack. Clicky!

@ Christopher_TCUIH: I was actually wondering the same thing. From what I can see, there doesn't look to be any kind of exclusives anywhere. Sad. I figured at least one place would have something.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

^Thanks guys. Yeah I logged into DMR right after I posted and found it.

I too want to know if there are any in-store exclusives out there? Walmart? Best Buy?
Christopher_TCUIH
Special Edition

^ yeah hopefully someone has the scoop. You would think it would be pretty easy since there's tons of Pooh merch out there. At least a plush you know?
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

I'm actually pretty shocked there doesn't seem to be any specials out there for this release. Pooh is a HUGE franchise, even if this film didn't do all that great in the theaters the characters are still super well known.
Christopher_TCUIH
Special Edition

I agree. I figured since Pooh is no stranger to us, they'd come out with an exclusive. Now that I think about it, has there even been any merchandise for <b><i>this</i></b> film? Like toys, games, etc?
jinkinquackers
Gold Classic Collection

Post by jinkinquackers »

Christopher_TCUIH wrote:You would think it would be pretty easy since there's tons of Pooh merch out there. At least a plush you know?
Agreed. I was actually kind of looking forward to seeing what kind of plush Best Buy would have for this. You know, something to go with my others. I mean, gosh, they put one out for everything else. :P I can't believe that they wouldn't. Who knows? Maybe something will pop up and surprise us! :D
Last edited by jinkinquackers on Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Christopher_TCUIH
Special Edition

I thought that Pooh would be introduced to a new generation. I remember Pooh figurines and such. Maybe they really have reduced it to infants :/
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

'Cars 2 & 'Winnie the Pooh' to Be Re-Released at the El Capitan Theatre
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/c ... ney-256896
The Walt Disney Studios said Wednesday that it has set a return limited engagement for both movies at its El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood. Cars 2 (in 3D) and Pooh, both of which originally hit theaters earlier this year, will screen daily from Nov. 4-20. Pooh will show at 10:45 a.m., 1:20 p.m. and 4:10 p.m., and Cars 2 will screen at 7 p.m.

In addition, each Cars 2 screening will be preceded by a new Pixar animated short, La Luna, while Pooh will be preceded by a Disney animated short, The Ballad of Nessie, as well as an appearance by Winnie the Pooh himself live on stage.

There will also be a special Winnie the Pooh breakfast at 9:15 a.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. Additionally, the El Capitan will exhibit pieces of art that went into the making of these films.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage