The Disney that never was....

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Heil Donald Duck
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Heil Donald Duck »

Here's Wikipedia article on unmade Disney cartoons and animated fetures I created this article it's probably not error free.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_un ... ture_films
Der Fuehrer's Face is the greatest Donald Duck cartoon ever made.
Heil Donald Duck
Gold Classic Collection

Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

looking at the second link, some of the cancel project, Swan Lake included, list the studio as "MovieToons Division". Can someone explain to me what this division is? It's not Toon Disney Studio that make sequels is it?

Why would some be under that studio and not the big main one in California?
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
Heil Donald Duck
Gold Classic Collection

I Don't know,
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

I really wished In Search of Mickey Mouse happened. It looked great....I mean ONE huge epic crossover! Not to mention, this would mean a lot of us Disney fans, teens, adults, lil' kids, and the 90s kids/teens!

Maybe this could be the Mickey Mouse feature? :wink: BTW: Does anyone know who kidnapped Mickey in the movie? Ratigan?
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Guess what I found....

SOME FOOTAGE OF SNUFF OUT THE LIGHT FROM KINGDOM OF THE SUN! :D :D :D

Here's rough animation, the recording, and footage of the scene! Enjoy! :) :) :) Looked amazing! Yzma remided me of a mix of Jafar, M. Gothel, Ursula, & Facilier.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hr6MlW5rNYo" frameborder="0"></iframe>
JustOneBite87
Gold Classic Collection

Post by JustOneBite87 »

disneyprincess11 wrote:Guess what I found....

SOME FOOTAGE OF SNUFF OUT THE LIGHT FROM KINGDOM OF THE SUN! :D :D :D

Here's rough animation, the recording, and footage of the scene! Enjoy! :) :) :) Looked amazing! Yzma remided me of a mix of Jafar, M. Gothel, Ursula, & Facilier.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hr6MlW5rNYo" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Oh WOW! :o I wasn't aware that they had actually gotten as far as the animation stage with KotS. Looks like it would have been great!
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Okay, not that I hated The Emperor's New Groove, but I feel EXTREMELY cheated that Kingdom of the Sun wasn't the final product. :(

I mean, just the 'Snuff Out the Light' song seemed quite promising, and just think of how it would look cleaned up and colored. :)
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Post by Dr Frankenollie »

disneyprincess11 wrote:<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hr6MlW5rNYo" frameborder="0"></iframe>
That looked fantastic, and I loved Eartha Kitt's movements during the recording session. :D

Whilst The Emperor's New Groove is a good film, sometimes even bordering upon the levels of 'very good', it makes me sad that Kingdom of the Sun never came to fruition, especially after seeing the work people like Andreas Deja had already done on it...work that thusly went to waste. :cry:
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

Kingdom of the Sun had serious issues in the end. However, this was awesome. I love how Yzma looks slightly different here. I prefer the skinny hag she ended up as in New Groove though.

And man, Eartha Kitt is sorely missed. What a woman. Her voice work is among the best I've ever heard.

Oh and New Groove isn't just very good, it's absolutely terrific. Name me one animated feature of the past 10 years that was funnier. Dreamworks and Pixar's films are good. But they stick to formula. New Groove didn't just break the formula, it ran with. It proves a Disney film does not have to be epic and fairytale-ish to be good. This is one hilarious postmodern gem.
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Post by Dr Frankenollie »

PatrickvD wrote:Kingdom of the Sun had serious issues in the end. However, this was awesome. I love how Yzma looks slightly different here. I prefer the skinny hag she ended up as in New Groove though.

And man, Eartha Kitt is sorely missed. What a woman. Her voice work is among the best I've ever heard.
Indeed. Her voice was unforgettable and was truly, utterly perfect for Yzma.
PatrickvD wrote:Oh and New Groove isn't just very good, it's absolutely terrific. Name me one animated feature of the past 10 years that was funnier. Dreamworks and Pixar's films are good. But they stick to formula. New Groove didn't just break the formula, it ran with. It proves a Disney film does not have to be epic and fairytale-ish to be good. This is one hilarious postmodern gem.
Okay, fine, it is great in many a scene.
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Post by TsWade2 »

I say they should do a hand drawn movie of Four Musicians of Bremen. That would of been perfect.
Heil Donald Duck
Gold Classic Collection

TsWade2 wrote:I say they should do a hand drawn movie of Four Musicians of Bremen. That would of been perfect.
Disney did one in 1922.
MJW
Special Edition

Post by MJW »

Andreas Deja posted a few drawings of "early Yzma" from what was Kingdom in the Sun (The Emporer's New Groove) on his blog: http://andreasdeja.blogspot.com/2011/09/early-yzma.html

"If it's not Baroque, don't fix it!" - Cogsworth | My Blu-ray collection | My Studio Ghibli blog
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

MJW wrote:Andreas Deja posted a few drawings of "early Yzma" from what was Kingdom in the Sun (The Emporer's New Groove) on his blog.
Thanks for posting!! :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

To be totally honest, I like this design of Yzma more than the final result. Because... well, Yzma in the final version looks like more of a freak, and she doesn't even look like she has boobies! :lol:
jpanimation
Anniversary Edition

Post by jpanimation »

Director Barry Cook remembers the Peoples of Walt Disney Feature Animation Florida
http://animatedviews.com/2012/director- ... n-florida/

*Brother Bear (originally titled Bear) was moved up 5 months ahead of schedule to coincide with The Lion King's Platinum DVD release.
- I always felt Brother Bear seemed rushed. Now we know it was

*This movie went through a crazy amount of title changes before settling on A Few Good Ghosts
- I like My Peoples the most

*Stainton and Eisner shut down production on My Peoples in favor of Chicken Little, which had nothing to do with the quality of the movie and everything to do with the easy money they thought they'd get with Chicken Little.
- I don't like to hate people I've never met but David Stainton is just asking for it

*Stainton and Eisner told the production team it was looking great just days before shutting it down and then after firing the Florida artists, he sent them an email congratulating them on Brother Bear's success.
- Was this deliberate salt in the wound? "Thanks for making us money now GTFO"

*The last demo reel in the article features final animation from the film
- The 2D and 3D meshes much better then I ever thought it would
Jay
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jay »

[quote="MJW"]Andreas Deja posted a few drawings of "early Yzma" from what was Kingdom in the Sun (The Emporer's New Groove) on his blog: http://andreasdeja.blogspot.com/2011/09/early-yzma.html

Image[/quote

I love these especially the first one. I really wish Yzma was merchandised more she is such a fabulous villain. And Eartha Kitt rocked as her voice. RIP Eartha
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

jpanimation wrote: *Stainton and Eisner told the production team it was looking great just days before shutting it down and then after firing the Florida artists, he sent them an email congratulating them on Brother Bear's success.
- Was this deliberate salt in the wound? "Thanks for making us money now GTFO"
.... Wow. If that doesn't prove how much of a shithead Eisner is, I don't know what does.

I mean, I knew there was a reason or two I hated Eisner (money over quality films), but this? This just takes the f****** cake! :x
DisneyAnimation88
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyAnimation88 »

Thanks for posting that article jpanimation. My Peoples is a film that I've been interested in for a long time and I think it's a huge shame that we never got to see it be completed, especially when instead we had to make do with the awful Chicken Little, a film that I think is the worst that WDAS has produced. I'm not overly keen on the voice cast that was planned for the film but I've loved the concept art for the film since I read Charles Solomon's Disney Lost and Found. I really think that this was a huge missed opportunity for WDAS to create a film that was original in concept and different from anything that they had previously done and makes me very glad that Michael Eisner and David Stainton were forced out when they were before they could do any further damage to the studio. Hopefully someone at Disney will one day take another look at My Peoples and give Barry Cook another chance to create the film that he had envisaged.
We're not going to Guam, are we?