Fox is Gonna Make a Network Dedicated to One Show

All topics relating to content owned by Disney that is not Disney-branded.
TheValentineBros
Anniversary Edition

Fox is Gonna Make a Network Dedicated to One Show

Post by TheValentineBros »

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/enterta ... annel.html
Noting that "The Simpsons" shows no sign of slowing down as it prepares to start its 23rd season on News Corp.'s Fox network, Carey said the company is starting to have internal discussions about how to create additional revenue streams for the animated hit that goes beyond reruns on TV stations and DVD sales.

Any effort at creating a platform just for "The Simpsons" may have to wait for the show to stop producing new episodes. Because the show is still in production after more than two decades, the rerun deals done years ago are still in effect. Once the show ends, so-called second cycle sales of repeat episodes can be sold. Although some shows might seem stale after 20 years, "The Simpsons" continues to be a solid performer.
Oh, and BTW, inb4 Seth MacFarlane makes a network for his own.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

this could actually be a cool way to see new bts material and even old commercials.
littlefuzzy
Anniversary Edition

Re: Fox is Gonna Make a Network Dedicated to One Show

Post by littlefuzzy »

TheValentineBros wrote: Oh, and BTW, inb4 Seth MacFarlane makes a network for his own.
Well, he does have three shows, instead of two (Simpsons & Futurama), although the sheer number of episodes sides wiith The Simpsons.

Actually I could see a Fox Animation Channel - The Simpsons, Futurama, Family Guy, American Dad, The Cleveland Show, Seth McFarlane's Calvacade of Comedy, The Flintstones (remake), South Park (DVDs are from Fox, I think), along with various Fox animated movies, etc.
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Re: Fox is Gonna Make a Network Dedicated to One Show

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

littlefuzzy wrote: South Park (DVDs are from Fox, I think).
They were with Warner now they are Paramount.

-Skyler