Cinderella (Live-Action)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

Patrick wrote:Oh gosh.. I hope Amanda Seyfreid isn't still being considered. She's a boring and average actress. Not to mention everything she's done since Mean Girls has tanked (Except Mama Mia which ran on the merits of Abba and the Broadway show). I'd like it if the movie weren't "star studded." I also liked the girl they chose to play Alice in Burton's re-imagining.. Hopefully they find someone right for the part and not someone who will bring people to the film. I do like this idea, though. I like Cinderella very much - the character and the Disney film.
Could not have agreed more with you. Seyfried is boring and average, and she is not beautiful/pretty enough to play Cinderella IMO. The unknown Mia Wasikowska was really charming as Alice though.
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
WarriorDreamer
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WarriorDreamer »

I disagree I think Mia Wasikowska was kinda dull as Alice. She might be good in other roles but there was something about her that seemed to dull and lifeless.

I think Amanda is really pretty and I'd be happy to see her in the role.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

WarriorDreamer wrote:I think Mia Wasikowska was kinda dull as Alice. She might be good in other roles but there was something about her that seemed to dull and lifeless.
I agree. She did seem quite lifeless in that role. The film was plain bad all around though.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

WarriorDreamer wrote:I think Amanda is really pretty and I'd be happy to see her in the role.
Nope, gotta agree with Edward here. I wouldn't kick her out of bed, but that's all that I can say in favor of her. So no, I don't think she would be a good Cinderella.
WarriorDreamer
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WarriorDreamer »

Goliath wrote:
WarriorDreamer wrote:I think Amanda is really pretty and I'd be happy to see her in the role.
Nope, gotta agree with Edward here. I wouldn't kick her out of bed, but that's all that I can say in favor of her. So no, I don't think she would be a good Cinderella.

Who do you think would make a good Cinderella?
WonderlandFever
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WonderlandFever »

I think Mia did great as Alice, she was supposed to be distracted and dull after all ;)
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Well, perhaps I don't know enough about Amanda Seyfried, but I do know I found Mia Wasikowska not very good in Alice in Wonderland. I know she was supposed to lose some of her veracity, but she just sounded like she didn't know how to properly say some of her lines, or like she was distracted. And in the end when she is supposed to be the full-of-life Alice, she still wasn't good. If you compare her to Walt Disney's Alice, you can see how Katherine Beaumont is much better.
Dr Frankenollie wrote:Could you tell us more about your "Broadway musical" version of Cinderella? It sounds interesting.
Well, I don't want to risk any chance if anyone stealing my ideas, whether they're good or not...so I can't say anymore (I edited this after some time to remove what little information I gave out).
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

Chris Weitz to Write the Screenplay for Mark Romanek’s Live-Action CINDERELLA Movie
http://collider.com/chris-weitz-cindere ... ek/148964/
Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Yes, I saw news about this before, but was hoping it wasn't true/official. This Weitz guy who wrote the pretty awful Golden Compass script has been hired to re-write the script that Aline Brosh Mckenna wrote, the very script that WAS SO GOOD IT SOLD THE IDEA TO DISNEY IN THE FIRST PLACE. And they want to RE-WRITE THAT. Doesn't make any freaking sense. Especially since I thought it was Mckenna's idea in the first place. WTF.
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

Disney Duster wrote:Yes, I saw news about this before, but was hoping it wasn't true/official. This Weitz guy who wrote the pretty awful Golden Compass script has been hired to re-write the script that Aline Brosh Mckenna wrote, the very script that WAS SO GOOD IT SOLD THE IDEA TO DISNEY IN THE FIRST PLACE. And they want to RE-WRITE THAT. Doesn't make any freaking sense. Especially since I thought it was Mckenna's idea in the first place. WTF.
Sounds like the same thing that happened on the production of "Brave".
nomad2010
Special Edition

Post by nomad2010 »

Prince Edward wrote:
Disney Duster wrote:Yes, I saw news about this before, but was hoping it wasn't true/official. This Weitz guy who wrote the pretty awful Golden Compass script has been hired to re-write the script that Aline Brosh Mckenna wrote, the very script that WAS SO GOOD IT SOLD THE IDEA TO DISNEY IN THE FIRST PLACE. And they want to RE-WRITE THAT. Doesn't make any freaking sense. Especially since I thought it was Mckenna's idea in the first place. WTF.
Sounds like the same thing that happened on the production of "Brave".
Weitz wrote Golden Compass, and the company changed it. His original screenplay is available online and it's wonderful. New Line is the fault behind that atrocious adaptation
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

nomad2010 wrote:
Prince Edward wrote:Sounds like the same thing that happened on the production of "Brave".
Weitz wrote Golden Compass, and the company changed it. His original screenplay is available online and it's wonderful. New Line is the fault behind that atrocious adaptation
Oh thank God. And maybe this is kinda like what happened to Brave...but they trust Linda Woolverton, a woman, to write Mlaeficent like they also did for Alice in Wonderland...
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Cate Blanchett is in negotiations to play the evil stepmother in Disney's live-action Cinderella remake. Mark Romanek will direct the reimagining of the classic fairy tale from a screenplay by Chris Weitz. Simon Kinberg is producing.
Source: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/d ... ett-394927
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Ooh, that would be nice. :D I love her, and she could give the stepmother a regal feel.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

nomad2010 wrote:
Prince Edward wrote: Sounds like the same thing that happened on the production of "Brave".
i know its late but can i get a link?
Lnds500
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lnds500 »

Meh... Has "cliché" written all over it.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Very exciting! She will really give this film depth and prestige. I was even wondering if this was still happening! Thanks Sotiris!
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

With Cate Blanchett in negotiations to play the evil stepmother in the Mouse House's live-action remake of "Cinderella," the studio has begun narrowing its search for the classic fairy tale's title character, sure to be a star-making role.

The three foreign-born actresses who will soon be testing for director Mark Romanek are established Irish thesp Saoirse Ronan ("The Host"), up-and-coming Swedish thesp Alicia Vikander and Brit thesp Gabriella Wilde, who appeared in "The Three Musketeers" and just wrapped the role of Sue Snell in Sony/MGM's "Carrie" remake.

Chris Weitz ("About a Boy") wrote the pic, which Aline Brosh McKenna ("The Devil Wears Prada") sold to Disney as a pitch back in 2010. Simon Kinberg ("Elysium") is producing the project, which Disney set up in May 2010 following the success of its live-action adaptation of "Alice in Wonderland."
Source: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118062948?refCatId=13
Patrick
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Patrick »

I don't know much that any of the three girls have done. Visually speaking, I think Saoirse Ronan would be a good fit for Cinderella. I think Gabriella Wilde is too typically pretty and would have to have a stripped down face (i.e. little makeup) to look like Cinderella. If they decided to keep Cindy blonde (dipped with strawberry *cough cough*) I can't imagine Alicia Vikande looking good. :P

Anyway, very exciting that this is moving forward.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Yay! Even more! Thanks Sotiris!
Lnds500 wrote:Meh... Has "cliché" written all over it.
What do you mean, can you elaborate? Because Cate Blanchett, who played the mos famous (and good) queen ever, sounds like a rather different approach to the typical "evil stepmother".