Disney's best sequel?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I thought the Aladdin sequels were the best, personally. Followed by Simba's Pride and B&tB: The Enchanted Christmas.

Bambi II and Mulan II weren't entirely bad either, but, like most Disney sequels, they felt like episodes of a tv show.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Old Fish Tale
Anniversary Edition

Post by Old Fish Tale »

So far, 'The Lion King 1½', 'Bambi and the Great Prince of the Forest', 'Tinker Bell', 'Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure' and 'Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue'! These five have great animation and good stories, in my opinion!
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Just DTVs:

Cinderella III
Aladdin 3

In general:

The Rescuers Down Under
Winnie the Pooh
Return From Witch Mountain
TRON: Legacy

And I remember liking Bride of Boogedy, but haven't seen it in awhile.
WarriorDreamer
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WarriorDreamer »

Alot of them I haven't actually seen but I think the King of theives is pretty good. It didn't feel like a kinda 'oh lets think up something for a sequel.' It felt like a part of the Aladdin's story that had to be told.

I was pleasantly suprised by Cinderella III too. It had a better story than I thought it would.
bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Post by bradhig »

Cinderella III. Only things that would have made it better. Tremaine attacked by talking pepper pots and a police box landing in the palace.
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

Disney's least-bad sequel? That's Aladdin and the King of Thieves. The animation is decent and lots better than Return of Jafar and better than most other cheapquels preceding and successing it. It has Robin Williams as the Genie; it has actual character development; it develops Aladdin's life-story and background; it introduces a new character who's really adding something to what we already knew; the songs are even pretty good. All in all: everything all other Disney cheapquels don't have.
Dr Frankenollie wrote:The Rescuers Down Under-Despite having a contrived and clunky plot and bland new characters (including a poor replacement for Penny and a lacklustre villain), the film has a great sense of scope and style and it is animated brilliantly.
Agreed --especially on the movie's shortcomings, but you're right: the animation is superb! (But I still prefer the sober look of the original.)
Christopher_TCUIH
Special Edition

Post by Christopher_TCUIH »

I love The Lion King II Simba's Pride! I got it on VHS when it came out & I've loved it since then! I like it way better than the first movie too!

Another sequel I love is The Jungle Book 2!