Disney's best sequel?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Jay
Anniversary Edition

Disney's best sequel?

Post by Jay »

I know for the most part Disney's direct to DVD sequels are pretty much hated but which one do you think is their best?

I personally would have to say The Lion King 2. The songs aren't great but as a whole the story is strong and at times I actually found myself liking it more so than the original, don't kill me lol. Plus Zira is an awesome villain and defiantley adds to the films coolness.

How about you?
Semaj
Anniversary Edition

Post by Semaj »

none
"OH COME ON, REALLY?!?!"
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Lion King 2 was I think the best, if that means anything. I actually felt Bambi 2 was well made, even though I wasn't happy about a sequel made for one of "Walt's films."

The rest were more "which one is the worst?"
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
supertalies
Special Edition

Post by supertalies »

Cinderella III
Lion King II
Lion King III/1.5
Last edited by supertalies on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sky Syndrome
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sky Syndrome »

Lilo & Stitch 2. It's quite somber so people (who give it a chance) probably won't want to watch it much because it depresses them. Just thinking about the film chokes me up a little. Lilo wanting to enter the same hula competition her mother won as a little girl is so sweet! And I want to hug Stitch because he considers himself a burden to everyone.
NeverLand
Gold Classic Collection

Post by NeverLand »

Mulan II
The Lion King 3: Hakuna Matata
Cinderella III
The Rescuers Down Under
Bambi II

:)
Dr Frankenollie
In The Vaults

Post by Dr Frankenollie »

-
Last edited by Dr Frankenollie on Tue May 21, 2019 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
sunhuntin
Special Edition

Post by sunhuntin »

i quite enjoy the fox and the hound 2, though it irks that dinky, boomer, squeaks and big mama are all absent.
big kid at heart
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

I'd personally have to say Cinderella III
after seeing a terrible Cinderella II, I was optimistic of what to expect.. But it was really nice! They tried to capture the style of the first film and gave Cinderella a more interdependent personality, the songs were weak but overall it was enjoyable

Edit: OMG I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT MULAN II I love this movie Mulan looks really pretty in this one :)

As I kid I enjoyed BatB: Enchanted Christmas, don't so sure now though :lol: :lol:
Last edited by DisneyDude2010 on Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
toonaspie
Anniversary Edition

Post by toonaspie »

Best DTV sequel: Lion King 2
Runner up: Mulan 2

Best DTV midquel: Bambi 2
Runner up: Fox and the Hound 2

Best DTV Spinoff: Lion King 1 1/2
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

The Three Caballeros

Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day

Son of Flubber

Davy Crockett and the River Pirates

Savage Sam

The Monkey's Uncle

Zorro the Avenger
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

I have to say.. Lion king 2, although it could have been better it has its merrits. I'm surprised no one mentioned b&tb the enchanted christmas, great villain! Also lilo & stitch 2. / ariel 's beginning
When it comes to brains, I got the lion-share,
but when it comes to bruth strength, I'm afraid I'm at the shallow end of the gene pool
Mmmadelon
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Mmmadelon »

As a kid I really liked BatB Enchanted Christmas (I like the songs and like Reinier mentioned the villain is pretty good) and the Alladin spin offs. I saw some of the other sequels but I didn't like any of them.
RIPJoeRanft
Gold Classic Collection

Post by RIPJoeRanft »

The Rescuers Down Under is the only watchable Disney sequel for me...McLeach is such a badass villain, and the film isn't as depressing as the first one, in fact it's quite exciting. Underrated flick.
rsandcm1
Limited Issue

Post by rsandcm1 »

While a lot of them are bad, there are a few that are enjoyable. But I would have to say that my favourite is "Aladdin And The King Of Thieves". I watched it endlessly as a kid, and even now I still like the story and songs.
Whose Line, Boy Meets World, Adventures In Wonderland, Growing Pains, Walker Texas Ranger, 7th Heaven, Brotherly Love, Saved By The Bell, Full House, Muppets Tonight, The Nanny, Home Improvement, Silver Spoons, Family Matters, Reba, The Drew Carey Show,
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Lion King II
Return to Neverland
King of Thieves
Cinderella III: Twist in Time.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Dr Frankenollie wrote:The Rescuers Down Under-Despite having a contrived and clunky plot and bland new characters (including a poor replacement for Penny and a lacklustre villain), the film has a great sense of scope and style and it is animated brilliantly.
See, I was under the impression it was just Direct to Video sequels. So if it's not, then of course I'm going to list "The Rescuers Down Under," "Fantasia 2000," and "Winnie the Pooh" on my list.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Neal
Anniversary Edition

Post by Neal »

Home on the Range 3 was excellent for a Disney sequel - some great country music.

Either that or Chicken Little 5.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

What about 101 Dalmations: Patch's London Adventure? I thought that was rather enjoyable.

But I will definitely support those who enjoy "The Rescuers Down Under", it was and is a movie unto itself. We still watch it once in a while.
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
rexcrk
Anniversary Edition

Post by rexcrk »

Lion King 1 1/2 - the only Disney direct-to-video sequel I'd own!
But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.