What Disney Blu Rays/DVD are you purchasing? (2011 year end)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.

The Lion King: Diamond Edition 3D
100%
The Nightmare Before Christmas 3D
No votes
Bolt 3D
No votes
Meet the Robinsons 3D
No votes
Prom
No votes
Winnie the Pooh
No votes
Pirates of the Carribean: On Stranger Tides
No votes
Dumbo: 50th Anniversary Edition
No votes
Beauty and the Beast: Diamond Edition 3D
No votes
Pixars: Cars 2 3D
No votes

Total votes: 13

CampbellzSoup
Anniversary Edition

Post by CampbellzSoup »

My wallet is going to be crying so hard :(

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

Dumbo
The Lion King
Cars 2
Winnie The Pooh
Pirates of the Carribean: On Stranger Tides
Heartless
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Heartless »

Dumbo
The Lion King
Nightmare Before Christmas 3D
Winnie the Pooh
Cars 2
Mason_Ireton
Banned

Post by Mason_Ireton »

Dumbo

Lion King

Winnie The Pooh

Cars 2
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

If money is available (since I just moved and spent a bunch on furniture, and no job yet):

African Cats
Pirates 4
Cars 2
Lion King
Winnie the Pooh
The Fox and the Hound
Dumbo

Thor
Captain America

I'm probably not going to be upgrading any of the 3D ones (no 3D TV, but do have a 3D Blu player)
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

Money's kind of tight right now, but I know I'm getting these:

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (3D/BD/DVD/DC)
Winnie the Pooh (BD/DVD/DC)
The Lion King (3D/BD/DVD/DC)

But I would also like to get:

The Fox and the Hound & The Fox and the Hound 2 (BD/DVD)
Dumbo: 70th Anniversary Edition (BD/DVD)
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Won't fall into the trap of this 3-D stuff, but will buy the regular version of "The Lion King" on Blu-ray, along with "Dumbo" and whatever else comes out the rest of this year.

Those of you who want BD/DVD combo packs of "Wall-E", "Meet the Robinsons", "Up", and "Bolt", they are on sale right now at Wal-Mart for $20 each, and you don't have to wait til the end of the year.
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

Winnie the Pooh, The Lion King and Cars 2, most likely.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

I have these ordered on Amazon

The Lion King Trilogy

Cars 2

Dumbo

Winnie the Pooh

Pirates: On Stranger Tides

I am tempted to get Nightmare Before Christmas 3D...that cover is amazing, though I'm sure I probably won't due to I have no 3D tv and I have Nightmare Before Christmas on Blu ray....

And I already Have Fox and the Hound on Blu ray by getting it through the DMC since they had it in June.

Also I might also in additon to the trilogy get the regular edition of the Lion King Combo pack...just to access it better...and looks better on my shelf
Last edited by disneyboy20022 on Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

dvdjunkie wrote:Won't fall into the trap of this 3-D stuff, but will buy the regular version of "The Lion King" on Blu-ray, along with "Dumbo" and whatever else comes out the rest of this year.
For me, I'm only getting the 3D versions because there was/will be a coupon for those releases. I got $8 off the price of On Stranger Tides from Amazon because only that version had the coupon. I didn't get the Amazon coupon in time for TLK, but I'm assuming that the 3D version will be the only version to receive a coupon (plus, I want the digital copy; I actually find them really useful).
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Pre-Ordered:
Dumbo
The Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

Will Buy:
The Lion King (8-discer)
Winnie the Pooh
Cars 2
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

TheSequelOfDisney wrote:
dvdjunkie wrote:Won't fall into the trap of this 3-D stuff, but will buy the regular version of "The Lion King" on Blu-ray, along with "Dumbo" and whatever else comes out the rest of this year.
For me, I'm only getting the 3D versions because there was/will be a coupon for those releases. I got $8 off the price of On Stranger Tides from Amazon because only that version had the coupon. I didn't get the Amazon coupon in time for TLK, but I'm assuming that the 3D version will be the only version to receive a coupon (plus, I want the digital copy; I actually find them really useful).
I'm doing the same thing. I may never use the 3D disc, but if I can get it cheaper or at the same price I buy the 3D combo pack version. Also Cars 2 and Pirates 4 have an extra disc with Special Features only in the 3D combo packs.
zackisthewalrus
Anniversary Edition

Post by zackisthewalrus »

Just got "The Fox and the Hound". Later, I'll also get:

Dumbo
The Lion King (maybe in 3D, not sure yet)
Winnie the Pooh
Cars 2
"No day but today."
My YouTube Channel
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

Right now, I am still out of work, but hopefully by the end of the year I will be employed again. I kind of feel a little silly double dipping on the same movies over and over again year after year. There are some I will not buy right away (Such as The Fox and the Hound 2 Pack that came out this week) These are the titles I hope to own by the end of the year:

-The Lion King (Regular Blu-Ray/DVD Combo. I do not care for the 3D set. I bought the Platinum DVD used at a GameStop about six years ago, so this one that could use an upgrade.)
-Cars 2 (Again the regular Blu-Ray/DVD Combo pack. Despite it being Pixar's weakest film, it still had some okay moments, so I can still add it to my collection)
-Thor (Very entertaining movie, though the 3D was not all that great and I will not miss it when I buy the standard Blu-Ray/DVD Combo)

I have not seen either Winnie the Pooh or Pirates of the Caribbean 4 (and I have no interest in Prom whatsoever) and I am unsure about Dumbo (I will have to wait for the reviews on that one).
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Like a few others here, I'm out of work right now, so it depends on how that goes. But, if money is there, this is my list.

Defiantly Getting:

Cars 2
Winnie the Pooh

Defiantly Getting on DVD only:

Pirates 4

May Get:

Lion King
Dumbo
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

I'll be getting "The Lion King" and "Winnie the Pooh" on release date, and "Dumbo" and "POTC" right away if the coupons are decent enough. "POTC" will be the only one I buy on 3D, and that's only because the standard Blu-ray release lacks the special features disc. I'll probably just end up selling the 3D Blu-ray on eBay or something, because I'll never have any use for it.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
BelleGirl
Anniversary Edition

Post by BelleGirl »

Most of these titles I already have on dvd with lots of bonus features, I don't feel the need to replace them. I think I might buy "Meet the Robinsons" because I liked it when I saw it and I haven't got it in my collection yet. is the "Winnie the Pooh" feature the classic "Many adventures" or the one that was in cinema recently? I might want to buy "The many adventures of Winnie the Pooh" too. I'm not that interested in 'Bolt", or "POTC" "Prom" I didn't know this movie even existed, but it looks like some boring teenage movie about prom night. (am I right?)

See my growing collection of Disney movie-banners at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/78256383@N ... 651337290/
Mmmadelon
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Mmmadelon »

Probably just The Lion King (DVD version), and I hope that 'round the time it'll be released in Holland there will be some sort of sale so I can get 2 Disney movies for the price of 1. If that's the case, I'm also getting another classic but I don't know which one yet.
MJW
Special Edition

Post by MJW »

I'm getting Dumbo, The Lion King 3D, Winnie the Pooh, and Cars 2 3D. :D
"If it's not Baroque, don't fix it!" - Cogsworth | My Blu-ray collection | My Studio Ghibli blog
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Defientely The Lion King & Dumbo. IDK about POTC4. Most likely not.