Toy Story 4

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Polizzi
Special Edition

Post by Polizzi »

DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Okay, here's what I think is the main plot ideas for all three films:

Toy Story: Toy is a kid's favorite toy, but when a new toy comes along, the first toy is concerned that the new toy is the kid's favorite now and doesn't want that to be so.

Toy Story 2: Toy comes to terms that kids won't be kids forever. But until then, he knows he can make his time with the kid worthwhile.

Toy Story 3: The day they knew would come has come; the day the toys' kid gets read to head off for college, and they try to think of a means to get played with forever.

I wonder what kind of concept they'll come up with for the fourth one, without the whole 'get back home before anyone knows we're gone' ordeal. Of course, Andy did notice Buzz and Woody missing and not knowing of their whereabouts in the first one, and then again with all of his toys in the third one.
jediliz
Special Edition

Post by jediliz »

Kyle wrote:I kinda wish they would just move forward with a tv series. It would give them more freedom than a series of shorts, and yet not have the pressure of a theatrical release. This kind of thing would have been unheard of 10 years ago, but I think we have progressed to the point where this could be feasible. And if its bad, well its just a tv series and fans can consider it non canon if they want. This way they could keep the franchise going and their reputation more or less in tact. as in tact as it can be at least after Cars 2.
But Toy Story doesn't have any talentless teenie boppers that can possibly dance or maybe even sing! It wouldn't have a chance on Disney Channel!

I don't think I'd want them making a toy story 4 anyway unless its a prequel and it shows how Andy got Woody (such as it was his dad's toy or something). But then Buzz couldn't be in it.

No one complained when they overmilked the Air Bud series! That movie franchise made it to what, 7 movies?
Disney Channel died when they stopped airing movies with Haley mills (Parent Trap and Pollyanna) and fun adventure movies like Swiss Family Robinson. R.I.P. the REAL Disney Channel. Date of Death: When the shows became teenie bopperish.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Toy Story wouldnt need any of those gimmicks Disney channel is known for, it would pull in the ratings. We're talking about a massive brand here, one thats been established for many years. And onestly Toy Story can be pretty flexible in this regard, they can make it contemporary without ruining our childhoods.

Back to Ts4: I could see a movie about woody and his father, and despite Buzz being my favorite character for a long time I actually wouldn't mind a Buzzless movie. They don't seem know what to do with him without reverting him back to his delusional state anyway so I say why not? I also wouldn't mind a story that focuses more on the human side of things. There's a lot of possibilities there with Andy's father. John says everyone seems to have their own ideas about his background, even amongst the brain trust, but I've always imagined two scenarios: killed at war, or divorced. possibly both.

Its a tricky thing though, retconning history like this. Could be something better left to our imaginations.
DisneyAnimation88
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyAnimation88 »

Kyle wrote:Toy Story wouldnt need any of those gimmicks Disney channel is known for, it would pull in the ratings. We're talking about a massive brand here, one thats been established for many years. And onestly Toy Story can be pretty flexible in this regard, they can make it contemporary without ruining our childhoods.
I completely agree.

Speaking for myself, the Toy Story series has become very personal to me. As is the same with many people on this forum I'm sure, I grew up with these films; I was young enough when the first two came out to be obsessed with them and rush out to buy all of the toys, while I was of an age when the third film was released where I could empathise with so many elements of the story; growing up and outgrowing the things I loved in my childhood, leaving home for the first time, the idea of letting go of my childhood and moving on. A fourth film would not tarnish the series in any way for me and I'm sure any new installments to the series will uphold the quality of the first three. But the story so far has culminated so perfectly that I think it should be left alone. As I said, I'm not set against the idea of a prequel or sequel at all, but I would rather see a television series or a continuation of the shorts that could perhaps expand on the stories of some of the supporting characters.
We're not going to Guam, are we?
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Tom Hanks said it again:

Tom Hanks thinks a 'Toy Story 4' is in the works.
http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/06/28 ... the-works/
The actor, who voices Woody in the family films, told "Showbiz Tonight" at the premiere of his movie "Larry Crowne" on Monday that he believes a fourth installment is already underway.

"I understand it's happening and if it is, I hope they'll hire me [again]," he says. "They have almost every line I've ever said in the hard drive up there at Pixar. So they might not need me! I hope they'll have some unique grunts they're going to need from me so I can get in there and do it."
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Honestly, if this IS true, I wanna bring the Nostalgia Critic into this, but seeing as he's been overused, I won't.

Seriously, though. This shouldn't happen because it's NOT necessary!
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

I recall a time when people were freaking out about the very idea of a Toy Story 2, regardless of whether or not it was direct to video. Then people were freaking out about Toy Story 3, even after Circle 7 was dropped. And now . . . ? :p

I'm not worried. Let Pixar do as they please. If it's great, we'll follow. If not, we can always compare it favorably to Cars 2. :lol:
Rose Dome
Special Edition

Post by Rose Dome »

:evil: :x :angry:

This simply will not work. Pixar's reputation will end up in tatters. Making sequels for as long as they fetch a quintiple digit amount of money is what Dreamworks do :roll:

I know that Pixar needs to make money, but couldn't an original film rake in even more cash than a sequel? I'm fine for Pixar to do the odd sequel or prequel, but these should be the exception rather than the rule, if Pixar is to retain it's image as one of the most creative studios of our time. I'm sorry to yack on, but I really find it a shame that Pixar are stooping this low :(
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Disney Geek wrote::evil: :x :angry:

This simply will not work. Pixar's reputation will end up in tatters. Making sequels for as long as they fetch a quintiple digit amount of money is what Dreamworks do :roll:

I know that Pixar needs to make money, but couldn't an original film rake in even more cash than a sequel? I'm fine for Pixar to do the odd sequel or prequel, but these should be the exception rather than the rule, if Pixar is to retain it's image as one of the most creative studios of our time. I'm sorry to yack on, but I really find it a shame that Pixar are stooping this low :(
I redirect you to Engmawing's post above.

Pixar's reputation will be in shatters? What? Their rep for not making sequels?
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

I still don't believe Tom Hanks. His constant suggestions of a fourth Toy Story seem to be intended to push Pixar to actually do one more. Does Hanks really need work that bad?
Rose Dome
Special Edition

Post by Rose Dome »

enigmawing wrote:I recall a time when people were freaking out about the very idea of a Toy Story 2, regardless of whether or not it was direct to video. Then people were freaking out about Toy Story 3, even after Circle 7 was dropped. And now . . . ? :p

I'm not worried. Let Pixar do as they please. If it's great, we'll follow. If not, we can always compare it favorably to Cars 2. :lol:
You have a great point :thumb: I'll admit that I was freaking out about Toy Story 3, and as for other sequels, I shouldn't be judging Monster's University before seeing any concept art. Three good films out of four is still an achievement, and there was no need for me to be a perfectionist :lol: I guess I'm just naturally wary of sequels, due to how frequently Dreamworks churns them out. We're talking about Pixar, though, and they can do the unexpected 8) Even if Pixar does go down a Dreamworks spiral, it's not a disaster. Disney has gone through dark periods too. Thanks for knocking some sense into me :)

ajmrowland wrote:Pixar's reputation will be in shatters? What? Their rep for not making sequels?

Touche :wink:
Last edited by Rose Dome on Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

Goliath wrote:I still don't believe Tom Hanks. His constant suggestions of a fourth Toy Story seem to be intended to push Pixar to actually do one more. Does Hanks really need work that bad?
What Goliath said.

As for whether Hanks is desperate for work, well, Larry Crowne pretty much bombed, so I guess "yes." On the other hand, Hanks can do almost any project that he wants at this point. But Toy Story 4 being made rests completely on the shoulders of Lasseter, Unkrich and Stanton.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
DisneyAnimation88
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyAnimation88 »

For a man who says he has no idea what Pixar is planning, Tom Hanks seems to know a lot doesn't he? I'll believe that there'll be a Toy Story 4 when Pixar announce that that is the case.
We're not going to Guam, are we?
Linden
Special Edition

Post by Linden »

No! PLEASE no! I remember reading something or watching a special feature saying that the director (maybe?) took inspiration from watching the Lord of the Rings. He said he wanted to make a movie that really brought the series to a satisfying close, the way LotR did. Even though I didn't like TS3 quite as much as other Pixar films, I certainly liked it and felt it brought closure. I think a lot of other people felt the same thing. It would just be weird, and I'm not sure it would be eagerly anticipated if they really did go through with a TS4. Kind of the same way we all didn't want a Monsters, Inc. 2. You just don't mess with perfect endings.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Toy Story 4 coming in 2015?
http://pixarblog.blogspot.com/2011/07/t ... -2015.html
The Internet Movie Database (IMDb) is listing Toy Story 4 as being in development at Pixar for release in 2015.

While IMDb can be grossly inaccurate, the listing of a Pixar project usually foreruns the proper announcement. For example, "Monsters, Inc. 2" was listed nearly a year before Monsters University was revealed.

More importantly, this comes on the heels of Tom Hanks' authoritative comments last month that he "understand[s] Toy Story 4 is happening".
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Sotiris wrote:Toy Story 4 coming in 2015?
The Internet Movie Database (IMDb) is listing Toy Story 4 as being in development at Pixar for release in 2015.

While IMDb can be grossly inaccurate, the listing of a Pixar project usually foreruns the proper announcement. For example, "Monsters, Inc. 2" was listed nearly a year before Monsters University was revealed.

More importantly, this comes on the heels of Tom Hanks' authoritative comments last month that he "understand[s] Toy Story 4 is happening".
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WWaLxFIVX1s" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Linden
Special Edition

Post by Linden »

It's time to start a petition. :lol: Anyone out there good at that kind of thing?
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Linden wrote:It's time to start a petition. :lol: Anyone out there good at that kind of thing?
If it is an online petition, don't waste your time.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

disneyboy20022 wrote:
Sotiris wrote:Toy Story 4 coming in 2015?
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WWaLxFIVX1s" frameborder="0"></iframe>
^^This, but people can make IMDB pages for movies.