DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:47 pm 
Special Edition

With the official announcement of Aladdin: The New Stage Musical, I've decided to keep a blog to follow the shows progress from now until the end of its run in July;

http://aladdinmusical.blogspot.com/

The equity casting calls confirm the return of Babkak, Omar and Kassim and hint that Jafar has already been cast!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:54 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

interesting that the three cutted characters are back. wonder if that mean Aladdin's mother coming back or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:54 pm 
Limited Edition

Jafar already cast?! Please, please, please: Let it be Jonathan Freeman!!!^^

Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:04 pm 
Limited Edition

"Sadly, it has also been announced that this limited run in Seattle is not an out of town preview before a Broadway opening. It is instead a pilot production that Disney Theatrical intend to use to launch the show as a licensed production through Music Theatre International (MTI) for professional and amateur organizations."
http://aladdinmusical.blogspot.com/

Okay, now I'm really disappointed. Will Aladdin ever get the full Broadway treatment, or does Disney Theatrical feel that they have done their version of Aladdin by doing this? Will there even be a cast recording?

Favorite Disney-movies: Snow White, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Pocahontas, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, Tangled, Frozen, Pirates, Enchanted, Prince of Persia, Tron, Oz The Great and Powerful

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:47 am 
Special Edition

Prince Edward wrote:
Okay, now I'm really disappointed. Will Aladdin ever get the full Broadway treatment, or does Disney Theatrical feel that they have done their version of Aladdin by doing this? Will there even be a cast recording?

That's exactly how I feel. I was hoping this was a preview run (like Mermaid had in Denver) and I'd be able to see the show next year. I'm getting married in July so there's no way I can get to Seattle even if I could afford it!

I'm hoping that the Seattle run will go really well and Disney will do an official tour next year. Kinda like they did with HSM On Stage, they designed it to be licensed out, but did their own tour because it was popular. HSM On Stage never got a CD, but with all the changes to this show and the fact that it's going to have all the unused Howard Ashman songs in, I'm really hoping Disney see fit to do a CD.

Even if they don't want to do a studio recording, they could easily do a live recording of the Seattle show. I know a lot of UK productions have done this - Zorro, Oliver, Les Mis 25th Tour, and I'm guessing it's a cheaper way of doing it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:49 pm 
Special Edition

Sorry for the double post but if anyone is planning to go and see this show then tickets are now on sale;

http://www.5thavenue.org/showsandtickets/?prod=1529

If anyone is lucky enough to go and see it, please let us all know what it's like!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:45 pm 
Platinum Edition

Tune Thursday: Chatting with Chad Beguelin about "Disney's Aladdin: The New Stage Musical"
http://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_chief ... -quot.aspx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:02 am 
Special Edition

Heading to Broadway or not, I love Aladdin and I love my musical theater! Being a Seattelite, I will certainly be attending this!! The 5th puts on some pretty amazing productions and has gained quite a bit of notoriety nationally, so I'm sure it willl be quite good!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:38 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

totallyminnie86 wrote:
Heading to Broadway or not, I love Aladdin and I love my musical theater! Being a Seattelite, I will certainly be attending this!! The 5th puts on some pretty amazing productions and has gained quite a bit of notoriety nationally, so I'm sure it willl be quite good!!

In that case, would you please post a review after you've seen it? I'm sure we'd all appreciate it very much!

Thanks! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 6:46 am 
Special Edition

Prince Edward wrote:

Wish Granted!!!

Playbill have confirmed Jonathan Freeman is reprising his role as Jafar for the new stage musical in Seattle!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 9:21 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

ChrisLyne wrote:
Prince Edward wrote:

Wish Granted!!!

Playbill have confirmed Jonathan Freeman is reprising his role as Jafar for the new stage musical in Seattle!!!

Okay, now they need to bring this thing to Broadway. And release the cast recording. This is epic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 9:36 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

PatrickvD wrote:
ChrisLyne wrote:
Prince Edward wrote:

Wish Granted!!!

Okay, now they need to bring this thing to Broadway. And release the cast recording. This is epic.

Dude, I KNOW! Jonathan repeating Jafar? This needs to be on Broadway with him in it! They can't pass this up now!

Dang, I want to see this so badly now. But, I have to live in MD. :cry: :cry: :cry: National Tour, anyone? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 11:24 am 
Special Edition

I know!!!

I want (at the LEAST) an official Seattle Cast Recording. If they won't reconsider Broadway then a National Tour with the same cast in 2012 would be the next best thing. I can't make Seattle this year as I'm getting married, but I'd save like mad to get to one of the tour cities next year!

If Disney stick to the plan of just doing this "pilot production" then licensing it out (no Broadway, no official Disney tour) then a cast recording is a must. And I'd die happy if they put a recording of the show on the Aladdin 20th Anniversary Blu-Ray/DVD.

I know they've never released on of their Broadway shows on DVD, but if this is just a pilot for licensing out then surely it's not the same thing and they could at least consider it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 3:16 pm 
Limited Edition

PatrickvD wrote:
ChrisLyne wrote:
Prince Edward wrote:

Wish Granted!!!

This is SO cool!:D Disney HAVE to give Aladdin the full Broadway-treatment now, at the very least release a cast recording. Oh, oh oh - Freeman in costume, and Jafar finally getting to sing songs... Incredible!^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 3:50 pm 
Limited Edition

Jonathan Freeman Takes on Jafar in 5th Ave's ALADDIN!
http://broadwayworld.com/article/Jonath ... 0506_page1

Jonathan Freeman Will Bring Jafar from Screen to Stage in Disney's Aladdin at 5th Avenue
http://www.playbill.com/news/article/15 ... th-Avenue-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:21 pm 
Limited Edition

Broadway Babies
Disney Theatrical Productions sets the stage for a new slate of shows.
http://d23.disney.go.com/articles/05051 ... rical.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:23 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Prince Edward wrote:
Broadway Babies
Disney Theatrical Productions sets the stage for a new slate of shows.
http://d23.disney.go.com/articles/05051 ... rical.html

I heard they were auditioning dancers for Newsies, but I figured I was too late.

Hopefully, I get another shot at something like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 4:00 pm 
Special Edition

Adam Jacobs has been cast as Aladdin in the upcoming Seattle production of Aladdin: The New Stage Musical!

From his website;

"Adam is currently rehearsing for the world premiere of Aladdin as the title character at Seattle’s 5th Avenue Theater! Show runs 7/7 through 7/31."

Adam has just finished playing Simba in the national tour of The Lion King (a role he will go back to on Broadway in August), which means this guy can really sing!

I think he really looks the part, and he sounds good in the few youtube videos I could find.

Broadway World's messageboards have also mentioned Courtney Reed as Princess Jasmine, James Monroe Iglehart as Genie and Andrew Kennan-Bolger is believed to be Omar. But I've not found confirmation of these yet. Hopefully a full announcement will be coming pretty soon as rehearsals have now started!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:04 pm 
Limited Edition

Full cast announced!

http://broadwayworld.com/article/Full-Cast-Announced-for-ALADDIN-in-Seattle-20110601

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:17 am 
Special Edition

Nice to hear that Jonathan Freeman is reprising his role as Jafar.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next