"Glee" Discussion

All topics relating to content owned by Disney that is not Disney-branded.
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

well that was.... embarrassing.

And I'm generally amused by Glee. But this is a terrible cover in every sense of the word. Could be the pronunciation fail or the fact that autotune strikes again as usual... either way, it's bad.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Do any of you know what "autotune" actually is?? You use the word and rarely does what you are describing have anything to do with 'autotune'.
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
SmartAleck25
Special Edition

Post by SmartAleck25 »

Personally, I enjoyed Tuesday's episode. I thought it was very emotional, and it shows how great a character Sue is. I wasn't a big fan of the songs, only Pure Imagination was good in my mind. I just feel like the audition plot didn't mesh well with the better funeral plot.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Autotune
— n

a software package that automatically manipulates a recording of a vocal track until it is in tune regardless of whether or not the original performance was in tune.

But that's much less anything I've heard on Glee and more like this:

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mwhg17WLHlU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

dvdjunkie wrote:Do any of you know what "autotune" actually is?? You use the word and rarely does what you are describing have anything to do with 'autotune'.
Well autotune is simply for correcting pitch in vocal and instrumental performances. It is used to disguise off-key inaccuracies and mistakes, and has allowed singers to perform perfectly tuned vocal tracks without needing to sing in tune. (thanks wiki)

And that is exactly what I mean when I use the term autotune. Most of the Glee actors couldn't sing if their lives depended on it. And for some reason, they even use autotune on Lea Michelle and a few others who actually can sing.

It's become so common in pop music and this show that we're simply used to the Glee kids sounding like robots.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

And that's why I don't like the show. This autotune thing should be taken out of the mixture and we can see who really has the talent and who doesn't.

I'll be watching the Season Finale next week right after American Idol has their final week. Hoping that Jane Lynch has more to do with this show than she has in the past weeks. She is the only reason I would ever watch the show.
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

^ Did you not watch the most recent episode? She had some major focus in that episode.

And autotune is only used (according to the Ryan, Ian and Brennan) if the original production of the song used it. Now, why they decided to use it heavily in their own original songs baffles me because it's completely unnecessary, but they did so anyway. But honestly, the autotune that has been used hasn't made me like the songs less, but it is sort of distracting.
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

dvdjunkie wrote:This autotune thing should be taken out of the mixture and we can see who really has the talent and who doesn't.
Why? This is fictional entertainment, not a live contest. You seem to keep mixing this up with being a second-hand American Idol when that's really not the point. I'd love to hear them in all their natural selves as much as the next guy, but it's far from a neccessity.
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

I just got an e-mail from a friend and I think I now know why I am so against "Glee".

It's because it is a poor man's version of the High School Musicals and I truly hated those from the get go, but watched them with my teenage grand daughter.

Let's see if NBC's "Smash" scheduled for next season can give the "Glee" clan a little competition.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I wish people who don't watch the show would stop posting in here.

The last episode was okay, although it could've been done better. The audition storyline didn't seem to go with the funeral storyline, like someone else said. I thought Mercedes, Santana, and Rachel's songs were all pretty good. Someone on another forum suggested they should've had Becky join Jesse and Mr. Schue on the panel, and re-create the usual reality judge lineup. :lol:
Listening to most often lately:
Abi Carter ~ "Part of Your World" (live)
Taylor Swift ~ "The Alchemy"
Taylor Swift ~ "The Prophecy"
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Oh junkie, junkie, junkie....
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Wow, junkie. Comparing this to HSM? It's the Disney franchise that is the worse one. It's true that Glee mostly uses songs that were previously written, but I'd like to see you write 4-5 original songs per episode of a tv show that airs weekly. At least Glee has better scripting and better melodrama. Not to mention the characters.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

Don't get me started on the acting and writing. I'll just watch my few minutes each when Jane Lynch is on screen and be happy. Not happy for her because I think she is wasted on this show.
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

ajmrowland wrote:But that's much less anything I've heard on Glee and more like this:

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mwhg17WLHlU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Where is that from? It's absolutely HILARIOUS! Very professionally put together.
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

dvdjunkie wrote:Don't get me started on the acting and writing. I'll just watch my few minutes each when Jane Lynch is on screen and be happy. Not happy for her because I think she is wasted on this show.
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

TheSequelOfDisney wrote:Image
GOD that picture scares me. I wonder how much it takes to exceed a user's bandwidth.
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

Another day, another dvdjunkie post on the Glee thread saying that he hates the show.

Or I should say this...

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HNTxr2NJHa0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

THIS IS THE ARGUMENT THAT DOESN'T END...

EDIT: I also add this...
ImageImageImageImage

Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Now it’s “I hate Glee because it’s too mainstream.” :lol:
Listening to most often lately:
Abi Carter ~ "Part of Your World" (live)
Taylor Swift ~ "The Alchemy"
Taylor Swift ~ "The Prophecy"
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

This thread is dedicated to dvdjunkie:

http://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28349

;)

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Escapay wrote:This thread is dedicated to dvdjunkie:

http://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28349

;)

albert
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image