Pixar sequels

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.

What films would you like to see a(nother) sequel to?

Toy Story
3%
A Bug's Life
16%
Monsters Inc.
8%
Finding Nemo
4%
The Incredibles
51%
Cars
4%
Ratatouille
6%
Wall*E
3%
Up
3%
Brave
4%

Total votes: 77

Disneyphile
Special Edition

Pixar sequels

Post by Disneyphile »

What Pixar films would you like to see a (or another) sequel to?
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

I voted for Bug's Life and The Incredibles. Didn't vote for the ones that already have sequels or have sequels in production. As for Finding Nemo, Ratatouille, WALL-E, and Up - these movies worked great as singles. (WALL-E is my favourite Pixar but I feel it does not need a sequel). As for Brave; too early to tell.
kbehm29
Anniversary Edition

Post by kbehm29 »

I also voted for A Bug's Life and The Incredibles!

The rest of the movies a sequel would leave a bad taste in my mouth, I think. There is so much that can be done with The Incredibles. I'd like to see more there.
Disneyland Trips: 1983, 1992, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016, Aug 2018
Walt Disney World Trips: 1999, 2007, 2011, 2014, 2016, ~Dec 2018~, ~Apr 2019~
Favorite Disney Movies: Peter Pan, 101 Dalmatians, Tangled, The Princess and the Frog, Enchanted, FROZEN
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Well, Brave isn't even out yet. But I wanna see a sequel/prequel to The Incredibles and Ratatouille. Heck, this might sound a bit bizarre, but maybe even a crossover between said movies. Of course, my only reason is the fact that Brad Bird directed both movies. :lol:
DisneyAnimation88
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyAnimation88 »

I'm in two minds; one the one hand, I think The Incredibles is the only film of which a sequel might be a good idea, obviously depending on whether Brad Bird would return and if the story was as good as the original. On the other hand, I don't necessarily want Pixar to begin producing too many sequels, especially if those sequels cannot match the brilliance of the originals. But if I had to pick one, the only film I would vote for is The Incredibles.
We're not going to Guam, are we?
Scarred4life
Anniversary Edition

Post by Scarred4life »

The only one I want to have a sequel is The Incredibles. Finding Nemo was perfect the way it ended, as was Monsters Inc., and I really, really wish that there wasn't going to be a sequel to that. While the idea of sequels on the whole are not appealing to me, I really think The Incredibles could work.
rs_milo_whatever
Anniversary Edition

Post by rs_milo_whatever »

A Bug's Life and The Incredibles. Every Pixar movie works great as a standalone, in fact, probably better as a standalone film than a series. But I would like to see a sequel to these, The Incredibles lends itself to be a series due to the many possibilities of a super hero movie. A Bug's Life.. I don't know why I want to see one or if it would work, but I really love that movie.
MJW
Special Edition

Post by MJW »

Scarred4life wrote:The only one I want to have a sequel is The Incredibles. Finding Nemo was perfect the way it ended, as was Monsters Inc., and I really, really wish that there wasn't going to be a sequel to that. While the idea of sequels on the whole are not appealing to me, I really think The Incredibles could work.
At least Monsters University is a prequel, meaning it *shouldn't* have any effect on the way Monsters, Inc. wrapped up, unless they start the film with "current day" and do a flashback or something.
"If it's not Baroque, don't fix it!" - Cogsworth | My Blu-ray collection | My Studio Ghibli blog
Semaj
Anniversary Edition

Post by Semaj »

None.
"OH COME ON, REALLY?!?!"
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

I miss the option: "none".
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Who voted for Brave? :lol:
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Scarred4life
Anniversary Edition

Post by Scarred4life »

MJW wrote:At least Monsters University is a preque
Oh really? That's good to know, I was too scared to go into that thread much. I feel much better now. :lol:
Sky Syndrome
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sky Syndrome »

I can imagine A Bug's Life 2 being about the ant colony getting inspiration to create a rescue aid society, which specializes in liberating ant farms. Personally, I don't think the movie needs a sequel.

I voted just for The Incredibles.
Disneyphile
Special Edition

Post by Disneyphile »

Yeah, I realized after I posted the poll that I should've included a "none" option. So mea culpa on that one.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it, at this point, the only sequel that makes sense is for "The Incredibles."
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Poody
Anniversary Edition

Post by Poody »

I'll stick with my Disney sequels....
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Like most, I voted for <i>The Incredibles</i>. It would be cool to see more of the <i>Bug's Life</i> world, but that's not going to happen and I'm fine with that. A second <i>Incredibles</i> is so logical that it doesn't make sense to me that both <i>Cars</i> and <i>Monsters, Inc.</i> would get new movies before it.
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
Neal
Anniversary Edition

Post by Neal »

Honestly, none - but - Finding Nemo if I must.
WonderlandFever
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WonderlandFever »

I also agree that The Incredibles is the only one that makes sense. I still can't believe they are doing one for Monsters Inc and Cars is nothing but a cash in. If they ever did a sequel to Finding Nemo that would be outrageous!
AladdinFan
Special Edition

Post by AladdinFan »

"The Incredibles" and "A Bug's Life". "The Incredibles" because it's an action movie and for "A Bug's Life" I think this new generation needs to see the Bug's Life gang more I think Pixar needs to a short instead of a sequel.