Unhappy Memories of Disney Parks?

All topics relating to Disney theme parks, resorts, and cruises.
Jackoleen
In The Vaults

Unhappy Memories of Disney Parks?

Post by Jackoleen »

Dear Disney Enthusiasts,

XXX!
Last edited by Jackoleen on Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farewell For Now,
Jackoleen

-------------------------------

I wish to be seduced in a royal Asian locale!
BellesPrince
Gold Classic Collection

Post by BellesPrince »

Deleted.
Last edited by BellesPrince on Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rudy Matt
Special Edition

Post by Rudy Matt »

Sounds like you're working on a book.
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

Yep, this should be in the parks section. Hopefully a mod will move it.

We've had some very minor family squabbles in the Disney parks, but it's not enough to scar any memories. I also once saw a fight of sorts break out at Disney Village at Disneyland Paris in 2004, though it seemed to end after five or ten seconds. My brother and I carried on past it anyway as we were heading to the parks for a bit and couldn't be bothered nosing in on people's lives.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Re: Your "Trouble in Paradise, A.K.A. A Disney Park&quo

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Jackoleen wrote:Dear Disney Enthusiasts,

The Disney parks are super cool, but there are times during which people get into trouble while they're visiting one of "The Happiest Places on Earth". Was there ever a time during which you were in some real kind of trouble during a park visit (Ie: You were suddenly feeling sick; you were injured on a ride; you had a royal smack-down-style fight with someone from your family; you either became lost, injured, or sick while breaking the rules of the park just for the fun of it; you experienced a genuine medical emergency that was not related to a ride; you became separated from your party; you witnessed the death of someone else; you had some type of a breakdown; you were attacked by either an aquaintance or a stranger; you were robbed; you received a shocking and awful piece of news in the mail while you were staying at one of the hotels; you were at one of the parks during a tragedy that impacted everybody who was there; etc.)?

Thank you in advance for your replies.
:?:

If So Please Contact Jackoleen and Associates Law Firm to get you the settlement you deserve from the injustice of the Happiest Place On Earth :P

I'm sorry I couldn't resist. Anyway I got kinda mind scrambled after going on the Back to the future Ride (not at disneyland obviously) but it felt like my brain was processing all these images...kinda like Hamm in toy story 2 fliping through the tv channel to find the ad for Al's toy Barn..my mind felt like that. But overall I enjoyed the ride...I was going to go on the Star Tours the next day but my mind was still rebooting from the Back to the future ride so I decided not to go on it....although I didn't know there was a star wars ride at Disneyland at the time in 2003.....
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Rapunzel
Limited Issue

Post by Rapunzel »

The worst thing that happened to me was getting soaked in a rain storm and my brick red shirt bled onto my white undergarments making everything pink.

The worst thing that happened to my husband was getting sick with what he thinks was food poisoning from the Moroccan restaurant in Epcot. Personally, I think he just has a weak stomach or had a bug because no one else got ill. We had to miss our last day at Disney because of this. I was selfishly sad about it.
disneyboy20022 wrote:Dear Disney Enthusiasts,
I'm sorry I couldn't resist. Anyway I got kinda mind scrambled after going on the Back to the future Ride (not at disneyland obviously) but it felt like my brain was processing all these images........
Disneyboy, The Back to the Future ride gave me a serious headache and whiplash. I will not go on it ever again (if it is even still there?). I'm okay on every other ride out there (except one specific wooden roller coaster at a non-Disney park), but something about that ride just jostled my neck in the wrong way.
Last edited by Rapunzel on Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
"you came for your darling, but the sweet bird sits no longer in the nest, and sings no more"
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

The Back to the Future ride has been replaced by The Simpsons ride in the United States (but still exists in Japan). I never got to ride it . . . it was closed down just a few months before I made it to Universal Studios for the first time. Which sucked, since it's one of my favorite movies of all time and I'd always wanted to ride it. :cry:

But to get on with Disneyland (I haven't been to any of the other Disney parks) . . . um, there was some kind of malfunction with Splash Mountain once, and we were stuck by the bees section for about ten minutes with an announcer saying that we'd be on our way shortly while the music kept on looping. :lol:

And for one of my first visits back to Disneyland in years, one of my friends and I had gone on a road trip that involved three days of driving to get there (I did all of the driving so I kinda felt like a zombie). And as soon as we get past the park gate? Her boyfriend calls. She spends an hour fighting with him on the phone, all the while I'm dancing around her, trying to tell her to screw him, we were at DISNEYLAND, the fighting could wait until after we left the park! :p
pinkrenata
Anniversary Edition

Post by pinkrenata »

Wonderlicious wrote:We've had some very minor family squabbles in the Disney parks, but it's not enough to scar any memories. I also once saw a fight of sorts break out at Disney Village at Disneyland Paris in 2004, though it seemed to end after five or ten seconds. My brother and I carried on past it anyway as we were heading to the parks for a bit and couldn't be bothered nosing in on people's lives.
Disney parks are perfect places for getting exhausted and having fights. You really can't have a decent day at the park without either witnessing or being part of a meltdown at some point.

Other than that, all I can think of as disastrous was sitting on chocolate ice cream at EPCOT once, and losing my sandal while getting on the Jungle Cruise (a cast member fished it out for me). I think those both happened on the same trip, actually. If I'm klutzy now (and I am), I was 50 times worse when I was 12.

OH, I've got one more! The last time I was in WDW (2007, I think?), my BFF and I were questioned in a suspicious sort of way by a cast member at the Doodlebops concert (Disney Studios does a Disney Channel concert series-deal in the fall). Apparently it's weird to be there if you don't have kids. :roll:
WIST #1 (The pinkrenata Edition) -- Kram Nebuer: *mouth full of Oreos* Why do you have a picture of Bobby Driscoll?

"I'm a nudist!" - Tommy Kirk
BellesPrince
Gold Classic Collection

Post by BellesPrince »

Deleted.
Last edited by BellesPrince on Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
DisneyAnimation88
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyAnimation88 »

Last edited by DisneyAnimation88 on Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
We're not going to Guam, are we?
BellesPrince
Gold Classic Collection

Post by BellesPrince »

Deleted.
Last edited by BellesPrince on Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

Rapunzel wrote:The worst thing that happened to me was getting soaked in a rain storm and my brick red shirt bled onto my white undergarments making everything pink.

The worst thing that happened to my husband was getting sick with what he thinks was food poisoning from the Moroccan restaurant in Epcot. Personally, I think he just has a weak stomach or had a bug because no one else got ill. We had to miss our last day at Disney because of this. I was selfishly sad about it.
disneyboy20022 wrote:Dear Disney Enthusiasts,
I'm sorry I couldn't resist. Anyway I got kinda mind scrambled after going on the Back to the future Ride (not at disneyland obviously) but it felt like my brain was processing all these images........
Disneyboy, The Back to the Future ride gave me a serious headache and whiplash. I will not go on it ever again (if it is even still there?). I'm okay on every other ride out there (except one specific wooden roller coaster at a non-Disney park), but something about that ride just jostled my neck in the wrong way.
The Back to the Future gave me a bit of a headache one time too. That thing whipped passengers around a little too much, I think. I haven't been on the new Simpsons version of it.
Jackoleen
In The Vaults

XXX!

Post by Jackoleen »

Dear Disney Enthusiasts,

XXX!
Last edited by Jackoleen on Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farewell For Now,
Jackoleen

-------------------------------

I wish to be seduced in a royal Asian locale!
avonleastories95
Gold Classic Collection

Post by avonleastories95 »

I have a few interesting stories to tell:
* This happened LONG before I was born. At Typoon Lagoon, My cousin Tom wanted to go to the bathroom. My Aunt Shelia said "WAIT UNTIL YOU FATHER COMES BACK!" He couldn't wait. You see those, well, they aint boogies or cockroaches. IT'S ****! I bet Aunt Shelia is sorry for herself.
* My cousin David put his mouth under the Ice Cream machine, my cousin and my sister were in unison "Ewwwwww!"
* My cousin David also clogged up the bathroom. My Uncle Dave said "When you need to take a dump, you need to do it the lobby!"
* I was tearing up when I saw Tigger for the first time. Eeyore did not scare me, it was the ****** Tigger!
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

While waiting in line at Big Thunder Mountain, my future mother-in-law pointed out to my future father-in-law that pregnant women were not allowed to ride the attraction: that was her way of telling him he was going to be a father! Does that count as "trouble?" :D I had a hard time writing this out without making it sound weird, but it probably sounds weird anyway. :lol: That baby grew up to be my husband. :p
Chernabog_Rocks
Collector's Edition

Post by Chernabog_Rocks »

enigmawing wrote:While waiting in line at Big Thunder Mountain, my future mother-in-law pointed out to my future father-in-law that pregnant women were not allowed to ride the attraction: that was her way of telling him he was going to be a father! Does that count as "trouble?" :D I had a hard time writing this out without making it sound weird, but it probably sounds weird anyway. :lol: That baby grew up to be my husband. :p
Hahaha! It took a few tries, but I finally read it in a non weird way.
My Disney focused instagram: disneyeternal
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Chernabog_Rocks wrote:Hahaha! It took a few tries, but I finally read it in a non weird way.
LOL! Maybe I should have mentioned that it happened in the mid-1980's to help clarify things from the beginning. :lol:
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

enigmawing wrote:While waiting in line at Big Thunder Mountain, my future mother-in-law pointed out to my future father-in-law that pregnant women were not allowed to ride the attraction: that was her way of telling him he was going to be a father! Does that count as "trouble?" :D I had a hard time writing this out without making it sound weird, but it probably sounds weird anyway. :lol: That baby grew up to be my husband. :p
It sounds more romantic and amazing rather than trouble in paradise. ;)

Anyway, I've got loads of trouble-in-paradise stories from my castmember days, but it's late and I don't care to write a long post, so I'll make this a not-as-long-but-still-long post and share one story for now.

It was a cloudy day and I was scheduled to work Popcorn 8 in Tomorrowland. I believed the weather man who said that there was little-to-no chance of rain, and so I didn't bother bringing my rain gear with me, leaving it in my locker. Unfortunately, about an hour into my shift, it starts drizzling. It's a light drizzle, so I don't mind it and continue to carry on even though I'm getting a little wet. Soon, this drizzle turns into just a drenching outpour of water. On any other wagon I wouldn't mind this, as there are large umbrellas and canvases that help protect the vendor from sunlight and rain. But at Popcorn 8, the umbrellas are not the large ones, but the plastic ones that are meant to look futuristic. And as an aesthetic design, there are actually slits in the umbrella, which makes the umbrella perfect for shade but not for rain. Thus, once the rain got more intense, it meant that it was not only leaking through the slits, but also leaking onto me. I was pretty wet by the time all vendors get the call on the radio: "Attention all vendors, report to your rain locations!" That basically meant we had to temporarily close up shop, take all the money out of our registers and put it in the brown GT bag (or just take the black box if we had an ice cream stand), and head to our rain location.

Unfortunately, as I was without my rain gear, it meant I had to walk from my wagon to the Lunching Pad without any protection. I was already wet since Popcorn 8 had the crappy umbrella with the slits. But I still didn't care for walking in the open rain. I had to anyway, and even though it's not a far walk, by the time I reached the Lunching Pad, I was wet from head to toe, as was my GT bag and probably half the money inside of it. On top of all that, my break was coming in about 10 minutes. My breaker came, and took hold of the GT bag, while I left to go change into my spare costume and bring my rain gear this time. Since the Lunching Pad wasn't connected to the Utilidor, I couldn't just go down from there, which meant I had to walk through the rain again to Stitch's Great Escape, as I could access the Utilidor from there. I head straight for the locker room, dry off and change into my spare costume, and walk back towards Tomorrowland. By the time I emerge from the Utilidor and back out into the park, I'm clad in my rain gear...only to find the rain has stopped and it's immediately become bright and sunny. Go figure.

As I mentioned before, the money in my GT bag had gotten wet, and so when my breaker took it back to the wagon when the vendors were allowed to go back (when the rain stopped), she had to only use the dry bills and we had to wait for a GT to come by to replace our wet bills with dry ones. Unfortunately, this meant that half the time we'd have to give change in coins, since it was easier to dry them than the bills. So if a guest ordered three sodas ($2 each, for a total of $6) and paid with a $10 bill, we had to give them $4 in coins as pretty much all the $1's were soaked.

On top of that, the popcorn had to be replaced. Like, all of it. Although there is a cover for the popcorn to not allow rain to get in and sog it, the intense rain still managed to get in, and we had to bag up all the popcorn, wipe down the interior just to get all the water out, and start a new batch. So for my first 15 minutes or so back from break, I was continually popping popcorn to re-establish the stash in there.

It was a very unpleasant day working that wagon, even after we got the money replaced and the sun dried up and there was enough popcorn. I was so relieved when my changeover came. I dumped my wet costume in the return bin by costuming and took a bus straight home so I could take a shower.

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?