The Disney Movie Rewards Discussion & Info Thread Vol. 3

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
toonaspie
Anniversary Edition

Post by toonaspie »

So what's the big DMR special today? Anybody know?
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

toonaspie wrote:So what's the big DMR special today? Anybody know?
I would totally find out for you, but I can't get on the website at the moment.
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
KACENAID
Gold Classic Collection

Post by KACENAID »

toonaspie wrote:So what's the big DMR special today? Anybody know?
It's a Disney Movie Rewards Tinker Bell pin with every physical reward redemption through Dec. 31st...meh, I was hoping it was double points day
jediliz
Special Edition

Post by jediliz »

my Toy Story 3 tickets points got added (and glad I finally got them "sent" since that movie is not on the list anymore...just made it!) but they still have NOT received my Secretariat redemption! I KNOW I hit 'send proof of purchase' button. The tickets are not in pending points at all. This is making me mad as my tickets don't have enough room for another attempt at redemption (this past week was my 2nd attempt).

Enough of my rant......if anyone redeems for the Mickey Hip Pack, let me know. That's what I am planning to redeem for.

I don't mind tinkerbell and did not get a pin at WDW when I was there in May 2009...so I'd definitely love one. I need to get my charm bracelet and charms redeemed for on Tinkerbell and B&TB.

Maybe they'll do the double points day on that on December date.
Disney Channel died when they stopped airing movies with Haley mills (Parent Trap and Pollyanna) and fun adventure movies like Swiss Family Robinson. R.I.P. the REAL Disney Channel. Date of Death: When the shows became teenie bopperish.
buffalobill
Anniversary Edition

Post by buffalobill »

Can anyone answer this question? It says you get the Tinker Bell pin with any physical rewards redemption (meaning no digital rewards). How about a donation to Toys For Tots or any of the other donations (seedlings etc...)? Those are physical rewards that are being sent on your behalf to a charity but I would believe should qualify for the free Pin to be sent to the DMR member.
15 gallon 7 pint blood donor as of 1-4-11. Done donating. Apparently having Cancer makes you kind of ineligible to donate.
jediliz
Special Edition

Post by jediliz »

I just redeemed for the Mickey Hip Pack since it said Limited quantities. I hope they do the double points day soon since I'll need to get those 800 points back (with adding blu rays I need to add codes for, but waiting for the double points day).
Disney Channel died when they stopped airing movies with Haley mills (Parent Trap and Pollyanna) and fun adventure movies like Swiss Family Robinson. R.I.P. the REAL Disney Channel. Date of Death: When the shows became teenie bopperish.
Want2beBelle
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Want2beBelle »

SpringHeelJack wrote:The box colors are too bright.
maybe it's my camera but it looks fine in person. My only complaint would be there faces i wish the outlines were black instead of yellow but i still love it! :)
Want2beBelle
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Want2beBelle »

jediliz wrote:I just redeemed for the Mickey Hip Pack since it said Limited quantities. I hope they do the double points day soon since I'll need to get those 800 points back (with adding blu rays I need to add codes for, but waiting for the double points day).
i am waiting for that too, i hope they do that or at least give a sale like they did last year
Disney Lover
Special Edition

Post by Disney Lover »

I tried redeeming my Anniversary bluray but its only letting me get The Rookie, which wasn't what I wanted. But there isn't an option to change it. Has this happened to anyone else?
KACENAID
Gold Classic Collection

Post by KACENAID »

Disney Lover wrote:I tried redeeming my Anniversary bluray but its only letting me get The Rookie, which wasn't what I wanted. But there isn't an option to change it. Has this happened to anyone else?
Perhaps the other two are sold out? In any case, you're lucky to even get one, my anniversary was last month, I've been with DMR for 4 years and didn't even get one....I call shananigans. I didn't get the birthday Blu-ray either when that was going
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I've said it before, and I've said it again; just reading through all of your posts on here just shows how cool some of the prizes are on the US DMR ..... the UK one sucks ! There isnt a SINGLE good thing on there right now :(
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

Anyone else get the Blu-Ray Player offer for $59? (if you buy 5 eligible titles). I already got five of the titles. I might jump on this.

Anyone know if the player is a good one? It's a Sony model no. BDP-S470.

Wow, they really are pushing Blu with this offer now. If only they could throw in a TV for 59 bucks as well. :lol:
Giygas
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Giygas »

Barbossa wrote:Anyone else get the Blu-Ray Player offer for $59? (if you buy 5 eligible titles). I already got five of the titles. I might jump on this.
I already have five of the titles as well, but from what I understand you have enter the codes between 11/8/10-1/31/11. :( (I've already entered the codes for two of them.) I'll try it in a few weeks to see if it matters.
toonaspie
Anniversary Edition

Post by toonaspie »

Barbossa wrote:Anyone else get the Blu-Ray Player offer for $59? (if you buy 5 eligible titles). I already got five of the titles. I might jump on this.

Anyone know if the player is a good one? It's a Sony model no. BDP-S470.

Wow, they really are pushing Blu with this offer now. If only they could throw in a TV for 59 bucks as well. :lol:
Doh! I already submitted my TS1 and TS2 points for the TS3 movie tickets. Good news however is I have yet to submit my points from my BatB or TS3 blu rays and I plan on buying ACC and ABL. Only problem is I will still be one title short. I dont care to own any of the other eligible movies.
jediliz
Special Edition

Post by jediliz »

I haven't entered my codes yet for : B&TB TS3, Tinkerbell GFR; I'll be getting ACC and Fantasia and that will make 5. I'll take advantage of it possibly, but I don't have a 3D TV....
Scarred4life
Anniversary Edition

Post by Scarred4life »

Was this an email offer? I haven't received one..
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Scarred4life wrote:Was this an email offer? I haven't received one..
http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/pr ... ay-upgrade
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

Giygas wrote:
I already have five of the titles as well, but from what I understand you have enter the codes between 11/8/10-1/31/11. :( (I've already entered the codes for two of them.) I'll try it in a few weeks to see if it matters.
I just had another look at the e-mail now. I've got 6 of the 20 eligible titles. I haven't entered any of the codes yet because I'm waiting and hoping for a double points day before Christmas. :D

I noticed something: the player is 3D Ready!
I'm definitely gonna pick this one up. 8) The only problem is, I don't have a TV or monitor. However, I'm looking at also getting a new PC, and I can finally get rid of my power eating CRT monitor.

Here's the ad in case no one has got it in their e-mail yet:

And here I was complaing that the coupons for new releases got reduced to $8. This is a pretty darn good deal.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

A couple of other little things I just noticed while I was logged in:

You can pre-order movies thru DMR now and get extra bonus points.

and

Take a survey and get a free TRON Legacy wallpaper.

and with regards to the Blu-Ray player...
I thought that when you enter the codes, it would unlock a coupon that you could use in a local store, but, they send it to you and you have to pay shipping. Hmmm wonder what shipping would be? Between $10 and $20 maybe?
And noticed "While supplies last" - gonna have to act quick on this one and maybe forgo the double points day. This reminds me, I still haven't entered my code for the Princess and the Frog combo - and surprisingly, it's not part of the deal.
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

...so who wants to give me 5 points so I can get the "Narnia" Blu-ray before it goes out stock? I'll give you gold*.

* Gold may not actually have real world value.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"