Sliders

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
Prince Phillip
Anniversary Edition

Sliders

Post by Prince Phillip »

Does anyone remember this show, or know what I am talking about?

I thought this was a good show until it ended in 99(?). Anyway, it was brought back a couple years later but went down hill...

Anyway, I can't wait for this to come out on DVD, assuming it will. Has anyone heard of this coming to DVD?

For those of you who have no idea what I am talking about, Sliders was a show years ago, may have started in 96, I don't know. Any way it was on FOX amd was about this guy, Quin Mallory, who accidentally creates this "timer" that allows him to travel to parallel worlds "where it's the same time and place and your the same person, but everything else is different". He winds up bringing his professor and ex girlfriend with him, and this jazz singer Rembrant(Remy's unintentional) and they are not able to get back home, so they keep sliding to other worlds. It was a cool show.
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

I LOVED Sliders, it was a terrific show. The first season was the best and each season sort of got a lil less good. When the Scifi Channel took the show, it got a lil wackier and farther from it's original premise. The last season and especial last episode was a big slap in the face to anyone who was a fan of the show.

I talked with John Rhys Davies a couple years ago, he was the actor who played the Professor on the show. I asked him what happened to the show and if it was true that he left the show because of the declining quality. He said "You see my boy, the networks want to create science fiction shows then they hire writers who know nothing about science fiction!" He was really cool, with his big booming voice just like in the show. Basically, yes, he left the show because it was going downhill.
Prince Phillip
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Phillip »

I really, well actually I liked all the character, but he was good. One of my faves though was Wade, she was just so sweet and nice... I hated the way they got rid of her, and how they eventually brought closure to her character story. I would have much prefered it, if she was ablre to live out the rest of her days on the world with her father, and where she had a sister. I think it was some kind of christmas world or something...
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

They screwed ever character on that show! I was so mad at the last episode that I threw a shoe at the tv.

Were you a fan of Farscape too? Excellent show, but Scifi screwed all of their fans on that one too with that last episode.
Prince Phillip
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Phillip »

yeah, I saw some of Farscape, it was a good show.

What happened on the last episode of Sliders, and what ever happened to Quin? did he die or something, and his brother, uh I thought that was so stupid.
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

Quinn and his brother were replaced by other actors, supposedly a Quinn from another world, and they sucked. The last episode feature all these new charcters that no one cared for getting stranded on some stupid world. Then Rembrandt used the timer to slide into another world where they said he would probably instantly die and... that was it! What a STUPID ending!

On Farscape they made it seem like it was ending, then they killed the main two characters and had a "To Be Contineued..." at the end. After that they had a lil screen thanking the fans and the makers of the series. Ha!

This was because there was supposed to be a 5th season but Scifi decided to cancel it cause they didn't want to pay for it anymore. Then the person in charge of the network, Bonnie Hammer, went around to the media lying and insulting Farscape's fans and scifi fans in general. None of the shows fans will ever forgive that bitch for what she said or did. If I ever see her while I am out I am going to tell her off, but I don't think she would ever go to any public events because she knows she will probably get attacked and she deserves it.
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

I am actually mad right now after posting that! She had better hope that we don't cross paths!
Prince Phillip
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Phillip »

Maerj wrote:Then the person in charge of the network, Bonnie Hammer, went around to the media lying and insulting Farscape's fans and scifi fans in general. None of the shows fans will ever forgive that bitch for what she said or did. If I ever see her while I am out I am going to tell her off, but I don't think she would ever go to any public events because she knows she will probably get attacked and she deserves it.
:lol: :lol: :lol: rotfl rotfl :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sorry, I know your thing wasn't meant to be humorous, that you were actually really PO'ed, but I sometimes find stupid things funny and just burst out laughing when I read that...

Man, though, those endings really did suck. As far as I'm concerned though, Sliders ended when Remy and Wade slid home and Quin and Maggi slid into the future? I will only be buying the seasons up till that, if/when they come out.

Is Farscape still shown in reruns on the Sci-fi channel, because I don't mind watching reruns of that, but I don't think I would own the series.

Oh and do you know when TAKEN will be out on DVD, I thought it was suppose to be out in March, I think that might be worth owning, although i personally cared more for the earlier ones, than the present day ones. :)
Prince Phillip
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Phillip »

I hope all the laughing smilies don't seem tacky. I was going for semetry, but one would have suficed. Although I don't know if that's the reaction you wanted :( .
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

I wasn't expecting any reaction, so its okay. I try not to think about her anymore. It just seems ridiculous to have a scifi channel that doesn't really want to show scifi. How many reality shows can they put on there? I don't normally sit around fantacizing about all the many different ways that I can hurt her, tell her off and hurt anyone at the head of that network anymore, but I am pleased to say that I did tonight! :twisted:

Ah sweet hatred!