The Disney Movie Rewards Discussion & Info Thread Vol. 3

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
jediliz
Special Edition

Post by jediliz »

if they do a double points day soon, I'll redeem for that keepsake box, though I wish it was Belle dancing with the Beast form instead (I saw a picture on the DMR site).
Disney Channel died when they stopped airing movies with Haley mills (Parent Trap and Pollyanna) and fun adventure movies like Swiss Family Robinson. R.I.P. the REAL Disney Channel. Date of Death: When the shows became teenie bopperish.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

I'll redeem for that too, when I get the points. Now that's a nice prize.

The artwork is pretty good, too.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

I've got my eye on that keepsake box. :)

If I grab it and like it, I might finally get a custom one from Cafe Press too! :D
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

I wish for the month of October they could put up some scary/Halloween-themed DVDs as rewards, i.e. Something Wicked this Way Comes, Return to OZ, Hocus Pocus, etc.
Gurgi30
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Gurgi30 »

I was given an anniversary Blu-Ray today, had to pay $4.99 shipping, and really have no idea why. It's not my birthday and I don't have a BR player but I'll probably get one someday. I had a choice of Chicken Little and 2 live action movies, neither of which I remember. I chose Chicken Little. Did anyone else get this offer?
AladdinFan
Special Edition

Post by AladdinFan »

Gurgi30 wrote:I was given an anniversary Blu-Ray today, had to pay $4.99 shipping, and really have no idea why. It's not my birthday and I don't have a BR player but I'll probably get one someday. I had a choice of Chicken Little and 2 live action movies, neither of which I remember. I chose Chicken Little. Did anyone else get this offer?
I got one too. I was wondering the same thing it's not my birthday either. Probably going to get Chicken Little because I don't own it hopefully it has a DMR code. The other 2 I think it was Eight Below and The Rookie.
Gurgi30
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Gurgi30 »

AladdinFan wrote:
Gurgi30 wrote:I was given an anniversary Blu-Ray today, had to pay $4.99 shipping, and really have no idea why. It's not my birthday and I don't have a BR player but I'll probably get one someday. I had a choice of Chicken Little and 2 live action movies, neither of which I remember. I chose Chicken Little. Did anyone else get this offer?
I got one too. I was wondering the same thing it's not my birthday either. Probably going to get Chicken Little because I don't own it hopefully it has a DMR code. The other 2 I think it was Eight Below and The Rookie.
Those sound right. I had no interest in either so I let my youngest pick and she wanted Chicken Little. I'm hoping for a code as well. Seems to me they're trying to move excess product that didn't sell though.
Lorddh
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Lorddh »

AladdinFan wrote:
It has nothing to do with your birthday, it's for your anniversary when you joined DMR. I got mine too :))
cityguy
Gold Classic Collection

Post by cityguy »

Lorddh wrote:
AladdinFan wrote: I got one too. I was wondering the same thing it's not my birthday either. Probably going to get Chicken Little because I don't own it hopefully it has a DMR code. The other 2 I think it was Eight Below and The Rookie.
It has nothing to do with your birthday, it's for your anniversary when you joined DMR. I got mine too :))
Yes, it's for the anniversary promotion that was advertised a while back to start in October. Supposedly, if you've entered at least two DMR codes in the past 12 months by the time you reach your anniversary month (whenever it falls after October 2010), you'll get this offer.

All three movies should have a DMR code of their own inside (just like the birthday blu-rays before -- they're just regular, sealed discs like you would get at the store).
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

so just to filter the odds, how many of those who got the offer actually get emails from DMR?
wrestling_stat
Gold Classic Collection

Offer

Post by wrestling_stat »

I received my email from DMR. My offer came through on the October 1st. I just have to decide which one I want. I don't want Chicken Little. So it is between Eight Below or The Rookie.

I know it has been talked about before on this form about redeeming movie tickets. How do you know if you are waiting for Disney to review your picture? I tried up loading a picture of my ticket stubs for Toy Story 3 and another picture because Inspector Gadget was missing the code but I have not heard from or seen extra points into my account. I was wondering how it worked for you. Thank you.
<i>You are allowed one signature image up to 500 pixels in width and 100 pixels in height. </i>
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d200/ ... banner.jpg
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

Are ticket stubs for Secretariat valid for rewards points?

I was just looking at the DMR site and noticed they have Tron Legacy listed, which is playing at Christmas, but Secretariat, which starts later this week, is not on there.
*Edited*
That's odd. I just noticed Tangled isn't on the list either.
magicalwands
Collector's Edition

Post by magicalwands »

Just got an email from DMR for the October Newsletter. I clicked on the link for 5 points and extracted from the web address what I thought looks most like a code: 3DT2PW84BG6Y. Try and enter that for those who don't get emails. Keep in mind, I really have no idea if the code will work.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

magicalwands wrote:Just got an email from DMR for the October Newsletter. I clicked on the link for 5 points and extracted from the web address what I thought looks most like a code: 3DT2PW84BG6Y. Try and enter that for those who don't get emails. Keep in mind, I really have no idea if the code will work.
I tried the code you posted and it didn't work for me. Luckily I have the email though, I tried the link immediately after and it worked fine. Maybe all those email codes are unique to each member now? :scratch:
azul017
Special Edition

Post by azul017 »

Barbossa wrote:Are ticket stubs for Secretariat valid for rewards points?
Yes, it says so in the recent DMR e-mail I received. The one where you clicked through for the extra 5 points.
Want2beBelle
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Want2beBelle »

enigmawing wrote:I've got my eye on that keepsake box. :)

If I grab it and like it, I might finally get a custom one from Cafe Press too! :D
It's gorgeous :shock: i love it , i have jewelry that will fit nicely in here, i might even use it for flash drives lol idk, but i will post pics as soon as i get it , i can't wait :D
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Want2beBelle wrote:It's gorgeous :shock: i love it , i have jewelry that will fit nicely in here, i might even use it for flash drives lol idk, but i will post pics as soon as i get it , i can't wait :D
I went ahead and ordered mine after putting my Beauty and the Beast code in. It's only my second redemption (I just got the Up grape soda pin about a week ago) and I can't wait either! :D
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

azul017 wrote:
Barbossa wrote:Are ticket stubs for Secretariat valid for rewards points?
Yes, it says so in the recent DMR e-mail I received. The one where you clicked through for the extra 5 points.
Yup, I noticed it last night when I got the e-mail newsletter.
tlc38tlc38
Special Edition

Post by tlc38tlc38 »

I have an extra DMR code for B&tB if anyone wants to trade for a title I don't have, please send me a private message on these boards.
Walmart: the perfect place to shop for a headache at a discount price.
Want2beBelle
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Want2beBelle »

enigmawing wrote:
Want2beBelle wrote:It's gorgeous :shock: i love it , i have jewelry that will fit nicely in here, i might even use it for flash drives lol idk, but i will post pics as soon as i get it , i can't wait :D
I went ahead and ordered mine after putting my Beauty and the Beast code in. It's only my second redemption (I just got the Up grape soda pin about a week ago) and I can't wait either! :D
i think this is my 7th redemption lol i know i spend too much on disney lol i mostly have gotten posters, flash drives & donation for kids. So this will be one of my best rewards 2 hehe 8)