Should I buy DuckTales?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Margos
Anniversary Edition

Post by Margos »

Dragonlion wrote: I heard that Donald's sister and Daisy's brother are Huey, Dewey, and Louie's parents (which would explain why Donald and Daisy are "uncle" and "aunt".
Well, not necessarily. I mean, Donald and Daisy are pretty much established as a couple, obviously, so if Donald's their uncle, then there's nothing wrong with calling her "Aunt Daisy." I mean, when a close family friend we call "Uncle Justin" had been living with his boyfriend a certain amount of time, we called him "Aunt Alan." So.... I thought it was just normal to call significant others of Aunts and Uncles "Aunt" or "Uncle," even if they aren't married.
http://dragonsbane.webs.com
http://childrenofnight.webs.com

^My websites promoting my two WIP novels! Check them out for exclusive content!
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

Margos wrote:Well, not necessarily. I mean, Donald and Daisy are pretty much established as a couple, obviously, so if Donald's their uncle, then there's nothing wrong with calling her "Aunt Daisy." I mean, when a close family friend we call "Uncle Justin" had been living with his boyfriend a certain amount of time, we called him "Aunt Alan." So.... I thought it was just normal to call significant others of Aunts and Uncles "Aunt" or "Uncle," even if they aren't married.
That's an often heard, and very plausible, explanation. Another explanation is that 'Duck' can be a common name in Duckburg, like 'Jones' or 'Smith' is in the US. But the most obvious explanation is that Disney characters' last names simply described their species: Donald and Daisy are ducks, that's why their last name is 'Duck'. Mickey and Minnie are mice, that's why their last name is 'Mouse'. Interestingly, no fan of Disney comics ever wonders about Mickey and Minnie being related because of their last name, but when it comes to the Ducks... some fans get become quiete obsessive.
beautifuleyes07

Post by beautifuleyes07 »

Thanks for posting this! I have been meaning to get Ducktales, Rescue Rangers, etc., but I just haven't got around to getting them. I went to a local Wal-Mart today and got Volume 2 (Volume 1 was out of stock). $12 is such a great price! Just wondering, have you seen volume 3 at Wal-Mart or any other of the older Disney series there (Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers, etc.)?
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

I've only seen the first two volumes of DT thus far, but Best Buy should have more of the Disney Afternoon sets for $15, and if you're lucky and have a Costco in your area, you can probably find some of them for only $8 or $9.

I'm not as lucky, though. No Costco in the area, but I got volume 1 of Rescue Rangers and volume 3 of DuckTales at Best Buy thanks to the deduction.
KACENAID
Gold Classic Collection

Post by KACENAID »

I was able to obtain Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers Volume 1, Darkwing Duck Volume 1, and TaleSpin Volume 1 for $8.99 each at Costco...then another Costco had DuckTales Volumes 2 and 3 and Darkwing Duck Volume 2 for the same price. I guess it depends on where you look (and if there's a Costco near you).
beautifuleyes07

Wow, I wish I had a Costco around. I have a membership to Sam's Club and BJ's... I'll have to look for them there :p
Gurgi30
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Gurgi30 »

That's an awesome price on a great set of classic television shows. I wish I could find a Costco near me so that I could grab the few I'm missing.
AladdinFan
Special Edition

Post by AladdinFan »

About 2 weeks ago I was at MA when I found out that Ducktales was at $12.00 I freak out I was going to buy it but I didn't have the money. Now that I'm back home I went at my local Walmart but they don't sell Ducktales: Volume 1 or 2 DVDs.
gdSTUDent

Post by gdSTUDent »

Thanks for posting!!!

I got Volume 1 & 2 of Ducktales today. They also had Rescue Rangers Volume 1 & 2, they were out of Volume 1.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
AladdinFan
Special Edition

Post by AladdinFan »

My local Walmart is now selling DuckTales too but no Rescue Rangers :(
jlppr
Gold Classic Collection

Post by jlppr »

i would definitely buy them i were you. i currently own the first volume of all the sets and look forward to buying the rest asap. i also plan on getting the gummi bears. i really hope they finish of these sets. (same goes for WB with Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, Peanuts Decade Collections and others; Universal with Woody Woodpecker). i also wish they'd finish released the animated shorts on the WDT and gave proper respect to The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
WaltDisneyFanBoy
Limited Issue

Post by WaltDisneyFanBoy »

sunhuntin wrote:i picked up volumes 2 and 3 today. looked everywhere for volume 1, but no joy. :) glad i got them though... very enjoyable!

edit: just had a thought. who are huey, dewey and louies parents? donald and scrooge are both "unca's" and daisy i think they call daisy aunt.
I don't know what her name is in america,In the weekly Donald Duck commics over here in the neterhlands she was mentioned once, It was said that Dumbella (her dutch name) was Donalds sister. One night, she unexpectacly brought her boys for a sleepover, and never came back to pick de boys up, again. Gee, some mother is that, aight?
sunhuntin
Special Edition

Post by sunhuntin »

lol, she sounds like my neice and nephews mother! she decided easter weekend was the perfect time leave them home alone... the oldest was 4, youngest was 1. needless to say, she doesnt have custody anymore.

still havent picked up vol 1 of ducktales yet. will have a look in aussie when i go over in january.

i also want to get gummi bears... love that show!
big kid at heart
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

WaltDisneyFanBoy wrote:I don't know what her name is in america,In the weekly Donald Duck commics over here in the neterhlands she was mentioned once, It was said that Dumbella (her dutch name) was Donalds sister. One night, she unexpectacly brought her boys for a sleepover, and never came back to pick de boys up, again. Gee, some mother is that, aight?
Her English name is also Dumbella (in the cartoon; in the newspaper comic it's Della). I've explained it in more detail before in this thread.

Good to see yet another Dutchie, here, though! (We're lousy with Dutchmen here.)
KubrickFan
Anniversary Edition

Post by KubrickFan »

Goliath wrote: Good to see yet another Dutchie, here, though! (We're lousy with Dutchmen here.)
That's not entirely true, I believe. There are more Dutch people on this forum than on many other English ones. Or we're more present here, I don't know :D .
WaltDisneyFanBoy
Limited Issue

Post by WaltDisneyFanBoy »

KubrickFan wrote:
Goliath wrote: Good to see yet another Dutchie, here, though! (We're lousy with Dutchmen here.)
That's not entirely true, I believe. There are more Dutch people on this forum than on many other English ones. Or we're more present here, I don't know :D .
yeah, we dutch seem to b all over the place, wherever there is a disney related forum, there are at least 10 dutch people on the board :lol:
beautifuleyes07

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but I was at Wal-Mart the other day and they now have Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers Volumes 1 and 2 for $12.98 each.
AladdinFan
Special Edition

Post by AladdinFan »

beautifuleyes07 wrote:Not sure if this has been posted yet, but I was at Wal-Mart the other day and they now have Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers Volumes 1 and 2 for $12.98 each.
I saw it too. I need to save money.
steetboris

Post by steetboris »

Judging from most reports, it seems like the Ducktales and CDRR DVDs appear more often. Maybe due to the impact of Boom! Darkwing, Ducktales and (soon) CDRR comics.

Does anyone know if TaleSpin DVDs are available too?