Disney's Have a Laugh Volume 1& 2 on DVD October 26th 20

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Disney's Have a Laugh Volume 1& 2 on DVD October 26th 20

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Disney has announced a new line of animated DVDs called Have a Laugh!. The series will debut on October 26th with Volumes 1 and 2 (each with a $19.99 SRP). Though the cover art featuring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck might lead you to suspect the studio is just repackaging more of its classic animation, these offer a twist with new "BLAM!s" and "Re-MICKS". You're forgiven if you don't know what those are from Disney Channel; the former bring obnoxious new color commentary and editing effects to classic shorts, while the latter set vintage cartoon clips to pop songs from the likes of Hannah Montana, Jonas Brothers, Queen, and The Black Eyed Peas. The first two DVDs will run 73 and 63 minutes, respectively.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P4ydDZc940w&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P4ydDZc940w&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
SmartAleck25
Special Edition

Post by SmartAleck25 »

Eh, I've seen these on Disney Channel occasionally. They're not too funny, since it's just the classic shorts edited down to further emphasize the comedic effect. Like the "Blam Cam", which replays any "epic" pain experience to show the Blam! again, sometimes in slow motion. Couldn't you just find the old shorts on an old DVD set or something? And we already have music videos on the PE's/DE's. Why do we need more?
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

"Remastered. Restored. Remixed."

No, thanks. I'll take my classic cartoons unadulterated.

They're interesting novelties, but nothing can really replace the originals.

For example, look at the Re-MICKS of "Mickey's Birthday Party" compared to "I Gotta Feeling" (which contains other B&W cartoons as well, but I mainly recognized "Mickey's Birthday Party")

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QrGRvIRfxvI&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QrGRvIRfxvI&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/svQwD5fy1ok&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/svQwD5fy1ok&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Admittedly, I do like the above "Re-MICKS" but then again, it's the only one I've seen. I don't think I'd care to watch a whole hour or so of these.

albert
Last edited by Escapay on Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Sky Syndrome
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sky Syndrome »

I'm laughing....out of shock. I want to watch the original version of that short of Goofy people playing baseball (don't know the short's title) to cleanse my eyes and brain.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Day one purchase!!!!

Not.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

If there are any Disney Fans with a shred amount of diginity in them...these Dvds should be treated like The Plague and rot on store shelves..... :P

I'd even bet Reyquilla who apparently buys it all will say no to these....but I could be wrong :P

Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

Gee... I wonder why the Disney image has gone down the drain? :scratch:

Somehow people nowadays seem to think Disney is only for kids. What could be the reason...? :headshake:
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

A complete waste of time and money. As I've stated, Disney should instead re-release the Treasures line in new collections (and old and new special features).
gardener14
Special Edition

Post by gardener14 »

This reminds me of the old "DTV" that used to run on the Disney Channel in the 1980's but for the current generation of kids and trends. I don't exactly like the new remixes, but I remember enjoying DTV back when I was young. Maybe it's a harmless way to entertain young people with classic cartoons in a new way. DTV was enjoyable, and it introduced me to many of the older cartoons that I wouldn't have been exposed to otherwise. Later, I discovered them in their original form.
Neal
Anniversary Edition

Post by Neal »

Okay, that "I Gotta Feeling" thing might be good for a commercial about classic Disney shorts - it's peppy and fun - but to actually edit classic shorts into that and intend to sell it...

... I think I have earned the right to do what I chide so many other self-righteous Disney fans for doing: Walt Disney would hate this. This is an abomination.
singerguy04
Collector's Edition

Post by singerguy04 »

as commercials in between the shows I didn't think these were a bad idea, but the notion of selling these is absurd. For heaven's sake, these cartoons have made it through years and years and still entertained people in their original forms.

Disney Marketing and Disney Merchandizing have become menaces!!!
jediliz
Special Edition

Post by jediliz »

Walt is turning over in his grave.

the one Re-Micks with the Queen song is cool but the others are horrible, especially the cartoon ruined with a Jonas brothers song.

Boycott these releases and encourage others to do so.....then maybe they won't release any if there are poor sales.

I really wish I had bought the treasures when they came out. :(
Disney Channel died when they stopped airing movies with Haley mills (Parent Trap and Pollyanna) and fun adventure movies like Swiss Family Robinson. R.I.P. the REAL Disney Channel. Date of Death: When the shows became teenie bopperish.
Duckburger
Special Edition

Post by Duckburger »

I'm not even going to bother... nevermind, I am.

Cutting up classic shorts and adding useless things for the Disney Channel. Okay, whatever, won't watch it. But now this, they're actually giving these things dvd releases, while the actual good stuff is left in the dark. Amazing. There's always the argument - target demographic this, target demographic that - but since when can kids not enjoy the original shorts? Honestly, I don't get it. Sometimes it seems like studios believe that anything that doesn't induce epileptic seizures just doesn't get watched by kids.

I'll get of my soapbox now, but this sort of stuff really pisses me off.
thesnakeguy

Post by thesnakeguy »

I just threw up a little in my mouth.
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

thesnakeguy wrote:I just threw up a little in my mouth.
Spit it at WDHE.

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Uncle Remus
Anniversary Edition

Post by Uncle Remus »

As much as I don't like the Have a Laugh series, I just realized that the Goofy short "How to Hook Up Your Home Theater" will be released for the first time on DVD on the first volume. I don't know if the cartoon will be the original one or the edited version.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Uncle Remus wrote:As much as I don't like the Have a Laugh series, I just realized that the Goofy short "How to Hook Up Your Home Theater" will be released for the first time on DVD on the first volume. I don't know if the cartoon will be the original one or the edited version.
On the Disney Channel it's edited because I compared it to the Itunes one...so I bet it will be edited

slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Post by slave2moonlight »

Interesting. I suppose there is a chance the ones that were just shortened, with no other alterations (like I think is the case with the new Goofy short) COULD be in their entirety on the DVD release. Anyway, if that short IS on the disc in its full length version, I'll have to pick it up. I won't get these at all if they don't have any previously unreleased, unaltered material, as with the previous single disc releases which I also only bought when they had something unique. And I may have to seek out that release with the Von Drake Mickey and the Beanstalk now, since we haven't gotten any other, better release of it and might never get one.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

WASTE OF MONEY AND TIME! Just one more reminder of why the current Walt Disney Company is dead. As in a shell of it's former glory. All the things from the Disney library that need releasing and they give us this?! *shakes head*
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney