DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 98  Next

Do you like the new title change?
Yes 3%  3%  [ 4 ]
No 34%  34%  [ 50 ]
It's not that bad/I'm used to it by now 31%  31%  [ 45 ]
I hate it with a passion 19%  19%  [ 28 ]
I love it 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
I don't care either way 12%  12%  [ 18 ]
Total votes : 146
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:14 am 
Special Edition

Wow!! She looks like a complete diva! xDDD
That eye shadow kills me X3
I thought Gothel was going to be a little older, but she's cool anyway.
I don't understand her head, that black thing is her hair or it's a kind of veil?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:45 am 
Super Genius

Some new info from the stichkingdom report on the new toys:

* Rapunzel's hair will glow when it is brushed (probably how the magic in her hair is activated)
* Rapunzel will sing a song called "When Will My Life Begin?"
* "We’re told that Glen Keane was so enamoured by toddler Rapunzel that more of her was added into the film than originally planned and we can definitely see why."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:41 am 
Platinum Edition

So, "When Will My Life Begin" will be Rapunzel's 'I Want' song.

Last edited by Sotiris on Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:32 am 
Super Genius

Well, today I'm going to the Cinema Expo in Amsterdam. There will be a one and a half hour presentation by Disney about their upcoming movies there and a friend of mine will try to get me tickets and get into the presentation. It's almost certain that they'll show footage of "Tanlged" there...

If I see or hear anything worth sharing I'll let you guys know when I get home tonight. Wish me luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:10 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Gothel resembles (was it..) Mirage from Aladdin, but she is awesome!

robster16 wrote:
Well, today I'm going to the Cinema Expo in Amsterdam. There will be a one and a half hour presentation by Disney about their upcoming movies there and a friend of mine will try to get me tickets and get into the presentation. It's almost certain that they'll show footage of "Tanlged" there...

If I see or hear anything worth sharing I'll let you guys know when I get home tonight. Wish me luck!

Good luck, and don't forget a thing! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:48 am 
Platinum Edition

I totlaly just squeed when I saw Gothel!!!!!!!!!!! She's a little different from what I was expecting, but wow!!! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:06 am 
Collector's Edition

robster16 wrote:

Good luck! Wish that I could go too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:34 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

Mother Gothel's design kicks ass. look like something right off an art deco painting. I approve.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:06 pm 
Gold Collection

robster16 wrote:
Some new info from the stichkingdom report on the new toys:

* Rapunzel's hair will glow when it is brushed (probably how the magic in her hair is activated)
* Rapunzel will sing a song called "When Will My Life Begin?"
* "We’re told that Glen Keane was so enamoured by toddler Rapunzel that more of her was added into the film than originally planned and we can definitely see why."

Hi guys ... was told I should check in here since people have been discussing my review of Tangled. It's been a few weeks now and my memories are fading, but if you have any questions, shoot.

I don't recall the names of the songs (although that sounds reasonable), but the "glows when brushed" thing is a toy thing.

I'm surprised at the toddler Rapunzel quote. I don't recall a toddler Rapunzel in the test screening, so maybe she's been added since then. (Or I just forgot her. That's possible too, if she was at the very beginning when I was still getting used to following all the rough animation, animatics and storyboard drawings.) There is a little girl, briefly, but she ain't Rapunzel.

There wasn't much finished footage of Madame Gothel in the movie, but she's a lot more attractive than the toy. (Actually, so is Rapunzel.) She has black, tightly curled hair.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:27 pm 
Limited Edition

mawnck, is Rapuzel's ninja hair fight sequence from the trailer in the movie?

Just thought since you asked, might as well end any debate.

Also, does Flynn go blind at any point (type it in white if it's spoilers).

I'll think of some more for you 8)

Post subject: Tangled
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:39 pm 
Platinum Edition

I think the sneak preview of the movie people have seen will be really, really different from the final film. For instance, these toys I think will reflect more how the film ends up being, like Rapunzel's glowing hair, toddler deisgn, and Gothel's design.

By the way, I love Rapunzel's glowing hair idea, and her design except for her eyes. She really looks great, costume and all, except for her huge eyes.

I also see that what I think is her princess costume (that she wears with her crown) looks much better than the first view we got of it, if that was her princess costume.

Mother Gothel's design is excellent in everything, except her costume looks to be from an older medieval time period than this film is set. HOWEVER that makes sense if she is actually much older than she looks, only looking so young because of Rapunzel's magical hair. If that's why she's wearing that much older dress...brilliant!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:39 pm 
Super Genius

Got back from the Cinema Expo Disney presentation from this afternoon. I'll give you a complete rundown of events today

First we got an introduction movie with footage of recent Disney movies and classics, followed by an introduction of the presenters of the presentation. Then they discussed Alice in Wonderland and the success of that movie across the world, followed by a look at some highlights in the movie set to pounding music, in full 3D.

After that we got to see 15 minutes of footage from "The Sorcerer's Apprentice", which looked very cool, with plenty of HUGE effects. We saw a full sequence of the young version of Jay Baruchel's character walking into a shop and finding out that he is in fact the sorcerer's apprentice by passing a test which involves a dragon and a ring, and accidentally releasing the big villain, then some more sequences later on in the movie of a big car chase sequence involving a lot of mirrors. VERY cool effects there.

After that we got to see the trailers for "You Again", a movie with Sigourney Weaver, Jamie Lee Curtis, Betty White and Kirsten Bell. A fun summer romantic comedy about a former nerdy girl who hears that he brother is marrying her nemisis at highschool, the head cheerleader and surprise surprise, her mother is the nerdy girl's mothers nemisis.

After that we saw a trailer for "Secretariat", which looked like "Seabiscuit" but with women. They are releasing this around award season, with Diana Lane in the lead role.

We also saw title cards for upcoming Robert Zemeckis movie "Mars Needs Moms" and Steven Spielberg production "War Horse" which were both I think part of Disney partnership with Dreamworks pictures.

Then came animation. First "Tangled". They introduced the movie with the visual of the tower in the background saying they would tell us about the movie with a "sizzle clip" of the movie. The clip was about 4 to 5 minutes at most and was mostly shots of the trailer, so no new CGI rendered shots, but it did include the directors talking on camera about the story of the movie, sitting in a room with a LOT of concept art from the movie behind them on the walls. As they discussed the story we also got to see fully colored storyboard sketches, like detailed color keys from the movie, broken up into layers with a moving camera so the drawings looked 3D. One of them showed Rapunzel jumping into a big puddle or a small river in the forest with Flynn in the background looking quite surprised. Another one showed Maximus and I think either Rapunzel or Flynn or both in the water as if they were in wild water or drowing in a river. Another one was Maxmimus in the forest looking next to the camera defying the camera with Pascal standing next to him. They also showed that pre production artwork of Rapunzel standing inside her tower with the window and light behind her that we saw a bad resolution version of before.

After that they introduced the characters, and voice cast. We saw Mandy Moore recording her voice for Rapunzel in a room with a lot of cool drawings of Rapunzel behind her. Followed by a concept drawing of Rapunzel, the one with her looking to her side from D23 magazine, but in different colors with her final dress design and a light grey background instead of dark brown. Followed by Zachary Levi in the recording booth with a lot of Flynn sketches behind him and that sketch of him from the new facebook artwork. After that we saw Donna Murphy in the recording studio recording lines acting with her hands and arms and touching her face. Then we saw a colored pencil drawing of Mother Gothel. A shot of gothel looking down on the audience from a low angle. As if someone sitting or on the floor is looking up at her. Very lided eyes, almost closed and a very high eyebrows and big cheekbones. Also very tight dark curly hair. If I had to compare her to someone she looks slightly like Lady Tremaine from Cinderella in mood and atmosphere with Ursula's eyes and the way Cher looked in the 70's with black curly hair. Facewise I think she looks a little like this, but rounder:

Anyway, some more shots from the trailer and the sizzle clip ended. They then asked us to put on the 3D glasses again and we saw the trailer in 3D. Looked amazing in 3D. The shot with the tower just blew me away and I could hear some ooo's and aaa's in the audience and plenty of laughter.

After that the introduced the return of a Disney classic character. Winnie the Pooh, and they showed us a clip of the producer and director discussing the new movie, showing clips of the old movie and concept art and stills from the new movie. Which all looked awesome. They mentioned the elements of the old movie they want to incorporate into the new movie, like how you sometimes see transitions from page to page and you can see the white of the paper through the background paintings/illustrations. They also featured Burny Mattinson a lot who helped the new directors to maintain the feel of the old Pooh movies.

After that we saw a 6 to 8 minute reel of the new Touchstone animated movie "Gnomeo & Juliet". They showed a LOT of animation, both finished and rough, but it looked absolutely stunning and cool. Plenty of focus on Elton John's music as well. The story is basically "Romeo and Juliet" but now with garden gnomes in two neighbouring garden's seperated by a fence who are in constant conflict. One garden, the one of Gnomeo all have blue hats and the other garden with Juliet have red hats. The character designs are really cute and the look is surprisingly painterly and textured. It's really pretty. The music in the movie will both feature new pieces by Elton John and some of his classic songs. In one shot Gnomeo even sits down at a piano, dressed like Elton with big pink sunglasses. It's quite contemporary and has some "modern humor" but also some really funny gags, like a frog discussing Juliet's love for Gnomeo, then picks a flower and starts pulling off the petals one by one saying "your love is doomed, your love is deadly, your love is doomed, your love is deadly", or the gnome version of Tybalt riding a lawnmower chasing another gnome. Oh and Patrick Stewart is voicing the character of William (Bill) Shakespeare, who is featured in the movie as a bronze statue. This movie reaaaally surprised me because expectations were really low for this one.

After that we got to see a title card for Cars 2. No new footage but they did mention that the story will take the lead character to race tracks across the world, like France, China etc, each with gorgeous locations of which they showed some concept artwork. Then we saw some footage of African Cats, really pretty stuff.

Then back to franchises and a preview of the new Pirates of the Carribean movie "On Stranger Tides". They made a montage of the previous movies while explaining the story of the new movie in which captain Jack is trying to find the fountain of youth. They showed a lot of AWESOME artwork for that, looked kind of like Atlantis, very ancient civelisation with the fountain streaming from a rock covered with plants and very bright blue water. VERY pretty. They explained Jack's love interest is Penelope Cruz's character, of which they showed a lot of concept drawings. They also mentioned the return of captain Barbosa, who switched sides and is now teaming up against the new bad guy, Blackbeard, who looked awesome and has a beard with whips coming out of them which are eternally on fire, shrouding his face in black smoke. They showed artwork of him in the movie and also a lot of artwork of his ship, which looked fantastic, with a lot of fire elements and also surrounded by black smoke. They also mentioned some sirens. Beautiful women above water but once in the water, extremely dangerous and deadly. They showed some pre-viz animation of the sirens attacking some characters. Really cool to see. They also mentioned it started filming last week.

All of this was followed by a 6 minute clip of TRON Legacy which literally blew everyone away. This is the most stylish, cutitng edge and designer Disney movie EVER! The shots are just GORGEOUS! Garrett Hedlund's character in the middle of a ring game arena where one player smashes another player with his ring and the player just blows up into thousands of square pixels, as if it's glass. Beautiful stuff. The soundtrack was literally shaking the room with FANTASTIC Daft Punk tunes. This soundtrack should win oscars, by default. The most daring choice for any movie in recent years and it should REALLY be rewarded. The thing looks AWESOME! There were also shots of the digitally rejuvenated Lloyd Bridges who was made to look like his own self in the 1982 Tron movie. It's reaaally remarkable! At the end of the clip we saw Sam Flynn walk up to the digitally rejuvenated Kevin Flynn saying "Dad?", then the young Kevin Flynn walks up to him and says "I'm not your father, but I'm certainly happy to meet you!" it's reaaaaally mindblowing, trust me!

After that the presentation ended, we took a break and then were invited back in for a full screening of Toy Story 3 in 3D which was really awesome! Lovely movie and a GREAT ending for a great trilogy. Very moving! LOVED it. When we left the screening room/auditorium we were all given gift bags which contained a LEGO Buzz Lightyear and the Alice in Wonderland dvd/blu-ray. Really cool!

In the lobby there were displays of all the movies they were showcasing, including two "Tangled" ones, they were both HUGE! It also had the full scale model of the lightcycle there. I snapped pics of those, which I'll post below.

I'll try and do some sketches from memory of some of the things I can remember, like the basic designs of the gnomes etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:51 pm 
Platinum Edition

Did Gnomeo and Juliet look like a gnome with a gold chain, all hip-hop-ish? Sorry, I can't find the link from before!

robster16 wrote:
They also mentioned the return of captain Barbosa, who switched sides and is now teaming up against the new bad guy, Blackbeard, who looked awesome and has a beard with whips coming out of them which are eternally on fire, shrouding his face in black smoke. They showed artwork of him in the movie and also a lot of artwork of his ship, which looked fantastic, with a lot of fire elements and also surrounded by black smoke.

:shock: That's AWESOME!!!!

I'm so glad to read that Tron: Legacy is as amazing as it seems. Really looking forward to that one!

robster16 wrote:
There were also shots of the digitally rejuvenated Lloyd Bridges who was made to look like his own self in the 1982 Tron movie. It's reaaally remarkable! At the end of the clip we saw Sam Flynn walk up to the digitally rejuvenated Kevin Flynn saying "Dad?", then the young Kevin Flynn walks up to him and says "I'm not your father, but I'm certainly happy to meet you!" it's reaaaaally mindblowing, trust me!

My mind is blown, even after just reading that!!!

I LOVE the tower cutout thing!!!! LOVE IT!!! <3

Thank you SOOO much for your report!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:00 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

I can't comment on any specific things right now- so much news in one post, I can't handle it!

Mostly, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:31 pm 
Super Genius

blackcauldron85 wrote:
Did Gnomeo and Juliet look like a gnome with a gold chain, all hip-hop-ish? Sorry, I can't find the link from before!

robster16 wrote:
They also mentioned the return of captain Barbosa, who switched sides and is now teaming up against the new bad guy, Blackbeard, who looked awesome and has a beard with whips coming out of them which are eternally on fire, shrouding his face in black smoke. They showed artwork of him in the movie and also a lot of artwork of his ship, which looked fantastic, with a lot of fire elements and also surrounded by black smoke.

:shock: That's AWESOME!!!!

I'm so glad to read that Tron: Legacy is as amazing as it seems. Really looking forward to that one!

robster16 wrote:
There were also shots of the digitally rejuvenated Lloyd Bridges who was made to look like his own self in the 1982 Tron movie. It's reaaally remarkable! At the end of the clip we saw Sam Flynn walk up to the digitally rejuvenated Kevin Flynn saying "Dad?", then the young Kevin Flynn walks up to him and says "I'm not your father, but I'm certainly happy to meet you!" it's reaaaaally mindblowing, trust me!

My mind is blown, even after just reading that!!!

I LOVE the tower cutout thing!!!! LOVE IT!!! <3

Thank you SOOO much for your report!!!

Not at ALL like that leaked clip you mention. He looks REAALLY cute! Some of the designs really differ, some reminded me of dutch book illustrations David de Kabouter by Rien Poortvliet in a more cartoonized version of course and others were a lot more straight forward cartoony, but overall really appealing and cute with button noses. Here's an example of Rien Poortvliet's work:

They look extremely cute and the movie itself looks quite stunning. I also saw some concept paintings of one of the gnomes with a Borat type bathing suit, in hot pink. So it's definately got it's camp moments, but overall the movie's comedic moment looked to be VERY clever and witty, with lots of sarcasm.

And yeah, TRON just literally blew me away. That soundtrack, MAN! The bassline was POUNDING the room, repeating over and over, with these 4 or 5 synth tones repeating over it. Just EPIC!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:53 pm 
Platinum Edition

Thanks! I wonder what the hip-hoppish gnome was from, then. That's a project that I've been following for years, so I'm glad to hear that it's not too crappy! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:05 pm 
Platinum Edition

God, I miss all the good conventions. I mean, I get the autism one, but I miss E3, and the Cinema Expo!?

*drool*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:01 pm 
Platinum Edition

ajmrowland wrote:
God, I miss all the good conventions. I mean, I get the autism one, but I miss E3, and the Cinema Expo!?

*drool*

I hear ya on that fellow Aspie :roll:

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:20 pm 
Gold Collection

jpanimation wrote:

No. But the "interview" scenes in the chair ("smolder" etc.) are. Don't worry - Flynn is not like that for the rest of the movie.

jpanimation wrote:

No. (Gee, these are easy.)

Awesome report robster16!!! I'm already glad I found this place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:25 pm 
Limited Edition

mawnck wrote:
jpanimation wrote:
No.

Quick follow up, then is her hair 'magical' in the movie?

mawnck wrote:
jpanimation wrote:
No. (Gee, these are easy.)

Oh, they took that out, I was under the assumption they were making this for boys :roll:

Thanks for putting up with me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 98  Next