Today is The Perfect Date!

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
drfsupercenter
Anniversary Edition

Post by drfsupercenter »

Errm.... I think Amy was too. o_0
Seriously?!

We were there as a band trip - I picked Animal Kingdom because if I went to Magic Kingdom I woulda had to leave to go over to Animal Kingdom for an awards ceremony.

Shame I didn't buy my Expedition: Everest picture though... I still have the ticket with the number... anyone know if I can buy it online still? LOL

Howard Ashman:
He gave a mermaid her voice, a beast his soul, and Arabs something to complain about
Arabian Nights (Unedited)
Savages (Uncensored)
If it ain't OTV, it ain't worth anything!
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

Well, May has been pretty cool and rainy so far. I kind of like that. Except for the dampness, the temperature is perfect.
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Here's to the Perfect Date!

It's been one year since the last Perfect Date, but since it's 2:22 am (EST) here, I can't really assess the weather for the rest of the day. I heard it's going to rain here, which can be good if it's a singing rain, but since I'm supposed to do yard work later today, I don't want it to rain. :(

In addition, let's have a moment of silence as we recognize both ANZAC Day in Australia & New Zealand, and the one-year passing of Bea Arthur.

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

Escapay wrote:According to Miss United States 2000, Cheryl Frasier, April 25 is the perfect date.

Stan Fields: Describe your perfect date.

Cheryl Frasier: That's a tough one. I'd have to say April 25th...because it's not too hot, not too cold. All you need is a light jacket.

Grace Hart: Now, there is a hardened criminal.
I didn't wear a light jacket yesterday. It didn't get really cold until like 4:00 in the afternoon. Oh wait, today is the 25th... Well, I'll have to see how that turns out.

I think Thursday had the perfect weather. Friday was warmer, but Thursday was sweeter. Again then, no light jacket on that day. The 22nd. Amazing weather. And since it was cooler than Friday, I have to say too that the sky was a lot nicer, more attractive on that slightly cooler day. The warmer day was not as attractive.

Pre-70's is the perfect temperature for me.

I just read my posts in this thread last year and I forgot how freaking bad April '09 was. I responded with "May was more rainy." Well, that May might have beat the rainy of 2010's April in New Hampshire. But it's been pretty darn rainy this April.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

I love rain storms, so for me I like this weather. Just a nice day to stay inside, get warm and toasty, listen to the rain, and watch an old movie or something... Ah...
pinkrenata
Anniversary Edition

Post by pinkrenata »

It's raining/overcast here. But we've had beautiful weather so far this spring (the last time MN didn't have snow in March was 1878!), so I'm not complaining.
WIST #1 (The pinkrenata Edition) -- Kram Nebuer: *mouth full of Oreos* Why do you have a picture of Bobby Driscoll?

"I'm a nudist!" - Tommy Kirk
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

I love the hell out of overcast skies. And I love the feeling of damp days. With skies like it's going to rain. So much fresher than sunny days. More invigorating. Brisk.
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

Well, today has been cloudy and occasionally rainy, so suffice it to say, not as perfect as Perfect Day 09.

However, UmbrellaFish's comments reminded me of one of Blanche's most famous lines:

Blanche: I do love the rain so. It reminds me of my first kiss.
Dorothy: Aw, your first kiss was in the rain?
Blanche: No, it was in the shower!
:lol:

So maybe Perfect Day isn't totally lost.

albert
WIST #60:

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Scarred4life
Anniversary Edition

Post by Scarred4life »

This is the perfect day for me, I get to lie around and watch movies. :P
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

Happy Perfect Day! :)
magicalwands
Collector's Edition

Post by magicalwands »

I read this thread before it happened, but this morning my hamster was sleeping...but I just checked on her and she passed away. My mom told me she died in her sleep so it was painless. And, this thread made me think that she died on the most beautiful day of the entire year. :)
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

I actually miss the rain a lot, even though we had some just a few days ago. It only falls a few times throughout the year . . . I miss the way it smells and makes the air feel.

We actually got snow one day the winter before last; even made the news, lol. That was an awesome day. :D

I can't complain about today though, it's only 85 degrees. ;)
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

magicalwands wrote:I read this thread before it happened, but this morning my hamster was sleeping...but I just checked on her and she passed away. My mom told me she died in her sleep so it was painless. And, this thread made me think that she died on the most beautiful day of the entire year. :)
Awww. I'm not sure if I should feel sad for your hamster or bittersweet that it was on the Perfect Date. I'll just cry and smile...

:cry: :)

albert
WIST #60:

WIST #61:
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

It's snowing outside, by the way - all.
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

Happy April 25th everyone.

No need for a light jacket today. It's a sunny 83 degrees in NJ and I had the windows open all day. It's perfect sunny-day weather where air conditioning isn't necessary, as the breezes that come by are much better at cooling you down.

Continue to rest in peace, Bea Arthur, and let us have a moment of silence for the fallen soldiers of Australia & New Zealand, as we also observe ANZAC Day.

albert
WIST #60:

WIST #61:
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

meh.
Scarred4life
Anniversary Edition

Post by Scarred4life »

^ Yeah. Rained all day here. :(
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

It's a gorgeous semi-cloudy 81 degrees here. I walked to the drugstore to get batteries a little earlier instead of making the drive since it's so nice out.
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

It's my birthday today 8)

21. :pink:
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

SWillie! wrote:It's my birthday today 8)

21. :pink:
Happy birthday you young whipper-snapper you. :D