The Lion King: Diamond Edition

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
yamiiguy
Anniversary Edition

Post by yamiiguy »

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/22olw5JtLF8?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/22olw5JtLF8?fs ... rel=0&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

The Lion King Trilogy

Video
1080p (All Blu-Rays)
1.78:1 (Lion King)
1.66:1 (Lion King ½, Lion King 2)

Sound
Up to 7.1 DTS-HD MA
5.1 Disney Enhanced Home Theatre Mix
French & Spanish Language Tracks
English SDH

Disc 1: The Lion King 3D (Feature Film)
Disc 2: The Lion King (Feature Film + Bonus Features)
Disc 3: The Lion King ½ (Feature Film + Bonus Features)
Disc 4: The Lion King 2 (Feature Film + Bonus Features)
Disc 5: The Lion King (DVD)
Disc 6: The Lion King ½ (DVD)
Disc 7: The Lion King 2 (DVD)
Disc 8: The Lion King (Digital Copy)

3D Blu-Ray Combo Pack includes discs 1, 2, 5 and 8. Blu-Ray Combo Pack includes discs 2 and 5. DVD Edition includes disc 5.
Last edited by yamiiguy on Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:36 am, edited 4 times in total.
toonaspie
Anniversary Edition

Post by toonaspie »

Definitly include the theatrical version!

Also while I doubt it will happen, a more in depth documentary that's all connected and not scattered as separate features.

Also MORE DELETED SCENES. The three deleted scenes on the PE were a total joke! :x

And more insight into storylines and characters that were planned but never happened.
yamiiguy
Anniversary Edition

Post by yamiiguy »

toonaspie wrote: Also MORE DELETED SCENES.
But not to the movie!
Scarred4life
Anniversary Edition

Post by Scarred4life »

Hopefully there will be no 'Morning Report'. That sequence took away from the original film, and I found it stuck out more than 'Human Again'.

Having TLK2 and TLK1 1/2 released simultaneously would be nice.

I'm in agreement with toonaspie, more deleted scenes and a better documentary.
tlc38tlc38
Special Edition

Post by tlc38tlc38 »

All I really want is the original film in HD! I hope that's not too much to ask for.
Walmart: the perfect place to shop for a headache at a discount price.
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

Scarred4life wrote:Hopefully there will be no 'Morning Report'. That sequence took away from the original film, and I found it stuck out more than 'Human Again'.

Having TLK2 and TLK1 1/2 released simultaneously would be nice.

I'm in agreement with toonaspie, more deleted scenes and a better documentary.
Wow the DTV's never even occurred to me when it comes to blu-ray for some reason. Part of me would be glad if they just forgot about them and left them all to die in DVD land hahah... but I suppose that isn't going to happen.

I wonder how soon they'll begin releasing DTV's on blu-ray? I can't see them getting anywhere near the treatment they've given all the DACs so far. Actually, I think it would be pretty awesome if, for all the DAC's that have DTV sequels, they included them in the release of the original.

Like in this case, it could be an epic awesome 3-Disc Diamond Edition of The Lion King. One disc for the movie itself, obviously... one disc for bonus features, like normal... and then a third disc with both Lion King 2 and 1 1/2 (I'm sure they could fit them on one blu-ray if they wanted to.)

Except, I would only like this idea if the cover of the release was just for "The Lion King." Almost as if they treated the sequels like bonus features.

Oh but then there would have to be a DVD and digital copy combo pack. So we'd have The Lion King: Ultimate Awesome Epic Expensive 5 Disc Combo Pack Diamond Edition. Sounds good.

:P :lol:
yamiiguy
Anniversary Edition

Post by yamiiguy »

TLK 2 doesn't deserve to be lumped in with those other DTVs! It's a great film that could have easily made itself theatrically
The_Iceflash
Anniversary Edition

Post by The_Iceflash »

I wouldn't want a non-Disney Animated Classic as part of the Diamond Edition line though.
Last edited by The_Iceflash on Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

yamiiguy - haha I suppose you're right. I was just ranting on a whim.

iceflash - I wasn't really thinking of them as part of the diamond line... more like, The Lion King as the "Diamond Edition" title, with the sequels as bonuses.

But alas, my idea is no good the more I think about it hahah :lol:
The_Iceflash
Anniversary Edition

Post by The_Iceflash »

SWillie! wrote: iceflash - I wasn't really thinking of them as part of the diamond line... more like, The Lion King as the "Diamond Edition" title, with the sequels as bonuses.
I won't mind that scenario as I enjoyed The Lion King sequels.
yamiiguy
Anniversary Edition

Post by yamiiguy »

Now when something like the Cinderella DE comes around the sequels should be well and truly forgotten about until their merely a collectable on the format called DVD from the noughties. LATT 2 was pretty good though.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

yamiiguy wrote:Now when something like the Cinderella DE comes around the sequels should be well and truly forgotten about until their merely a collectable on the format called DVD from the noughties. LATT 2 was pretty good though.
Well...the third Cinderella was pretty good.....cinderella II other than getting nice song Put it together by Brooke Allison If it comes to blu ray i'll be jumping on that like I did when I heard Space Buddies was coming to Blu ray :P
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
SWillie!
Collector's Edition

Post by SWillie! »

disneyboy20022 wrote:
yamiiguy wrote:Now when something like the Cinderella DE comes around the sequels should be well and truly forgotten about until their merely a collectable on the format called DVD from the noughties. LATT 2 was pretty good though.
Well...the third Cinderella was pretty good.....cinderella II other than getting nice song Put it together by Brooke Allison If it comes to blu ray i'll be jumping on that like I did when I heard Space Buddies was coming to Blu ray :P
WAIT. SPACE BUDDIES IS ON BLU-RAY?!?! :o

And yeah. I don't where I stand on the DTVs getting released to blu-ray. I keep flip-flopping on the idea.
SmartAleck25
Special Edition

Post by SmartAleck25 »

toonaspie wrote:Also MORE DELETED SCENES. The three deleted scenes on the PE were a total joke! :x
Yeah, especially Bug Football... :roll:

But anyways, it would be nice to have OTV. I mean, come on, even I noticed the different alligator coloring. I don't as much mind other changes, the waterfall transparency difference was ok, it actually seemed clearer and more vibrant. Morning Report was ok, it was just another take on a fun scene in the original.

As for bonus features, maybe a solid documentary, some insight on the voice acting, interactive and rewarding set-top games, etc. I may or may not upgrade from my PE, depending on the restoration and differences.
rexcrk
Anniversary Edition

Post by rexcrk »

I'd like it to be the original theatrical version as well (and I want "SFX" in the dust dammit!).

However, I'll be happy as long as the version with that God-awful Morning Report song isn't the only version.
But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

SWillie! wrote:
disneyboy20022 wrote: Well...the third Cinderella was pretty good.....cinderella II other than getting nice song Put it together by Brooke Allison If it comes to blu ray i'll be jumping on that like I did when I heard Space Buddies was coming to Blu ray :P
WAIT. SPACE BUDDIES IS ON BLU-RAY?!?! :o

And yeah. I don't where I stand on the DTVs getting released to blu-ray. I keep flip-flopping on the idea.
Yep...Space Buddies :roll: http://www.amazon.com/Space-Buddies-BD- ... 741&sr=1-2

some I would get....but perhaps if the sequels were more released like these Hellboy Animated movies are on Blu Ray

http://www.amazon.com/Hellboy-Sword-Sto ... 944&sr=1-8

Or if the blu rays of some sequels differed in price...Like I am not going to pay $30 for The Jungle Book 2 on Blu ray (just using that as an example..)

although I do like the idea of them being bonus features on the Blu ray the sequels that is...it's been done before even on dvd....with Anastasia...the Bartok movie is on disc 2 as a special feature....
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Scarred4life
Anniversary Edition

Post by Scarred4life »

I think the idea of the sequels as bonus features is a good one, but not just on the blu-ray! I want them on DVD...
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

All I ask for on the Blu-ray release is a special features menu I can navigate without having to consult the booklet every minute to figure out what leads to where. I seriously think there's things on the DVD I still haven't seen just because it's such a pain to try to access them.

Also, I like "Morning Report". There, I said it. I don't want that version to be the only one on the Blu-ray, but generally speaking I tend to watch the SE as opposed to the, uh, SE-sans-"Morning Report".
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

I kind of agree. If nothing else it was cool to see band new animation of a movie I love so much. for quick scene I can feel like I'm watching the movie for the first time.

then again, I still have to admit it worked better without it. still, like you I usually leave it in when watching it.

And honestly I wont even get into a hissy fit if the original theatrical version isn't there either. I mean, things have been improved for the better for the I-Max version, so give me that one. I do kinda miss the old crocodiles though, but its a minor thing for me.
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

I don't care much for The Morning Report but it doesn't really bother me either. If they had to add a new sequence for a special edition, I'd have preferred Nala's Shadowland song, it's beautiful and would have added dimension to the story. But since it's so somber I can understand why they turned to The Morning Report instead.