New Disney Movies Announced

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

New Disney Movies Announced

Post by Wonderlicious »

Disney have announced a couple of new films, I thought that I'd share them with you as I don't believe that they've been posted on this forum. They all look pretty good in my opinion.

Many a Mattress
Coming in 2012 is Disney's hand-drawn follow-up to The Princess and the Frog is an all-action all-comedy all-enjoyable adventure based on the classic story by Hans Christian Andersen of a girl with a sleeping problem. Staying the night in the cave of a handsome bandit named Alaric, the fair princess Jacinta realises that pea mattresses can cause her problems, which sends the two misfits on a journey to an arrogant prince's castle in order to make the most famous bad sleep of all time.

Tetris
Co-produced with Jerry Bruckheimer, this Summer 2012 tentpole sees the timeless video game brought to life. In a small Russian town prior to the 1917 Revolution, a young farmer (played by Zak Efron) discovers an ancient document and a puzzle that seems to go on forever, leading to the greatest journey of his life.

Muppet Little Women
Walt Disney Pictures and Muppet Studios bring a classic to the screen with a Muppet twist! The timeless story by Louisa M Allcot is brought to the screen like never before, just in time for Christmas 2011.

Jonas: the Movie
The Jonas Brothers star in their own cinematic adventure, where they tour Europe looking for love and fame at Easter 2011.

The Graduate
Robert Zemeckis brings a motion capture version of the classic Dustin Hoffman favourite to life. This 2012 remake looks set to top the 1967 original.

Diary of a Stepmother
Tim Burton brings to life in 2013 the timeless tale of Cinderella with a twist - this time, it's the stepmother's turn in the spotlight. Starring Helena Bonham Carter as Lady Tremain, Johnny Depp as the treacherous butler Buttons and Stephen Fry as the esteemed King of France. Don't expect a release of this in the UK or Holland, as the cinemas are planning to boycot Disney's decision to release the fim simultaneously on DVD/Blu-Ray and on the big screen.

Triumph of the Will
In time for the 80th Anniversary of the Nazis' rise to power, 2013 sees Robert Zemeckis remakes the classic Nazi propaganda piece by Leni Riefenstahl in stunning 3D motion capture. Nuremberg never looked so brilliant!

Source: www.isntitgreatmovies.com
Last edited by Wonderlicious on Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

So..................same old, huh?
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Re: New Disney Movies Announced

Post by PixarFan2006 »

Wonderlicious wrote: Tetris
Co-produced with Jerry Bruckheimer, this Summer 2012 tentpole sees the timeless video game brought to life. In a small Russian town prior to the 1917 Revolution, a young farmer (played by Zak Efron) discovers an ancient document and a puzzle that seems to go on forever, leading to the greatest journey of his life.
You're kidding, right?
Wonderlicious wrote: Jonas: the Movie
The Jonas Brothers star in their own cinematic adventure, where they tour Europe looking for love and fame at Easter 2011.
Shoot me.
Wonderlicious wrote: The Graduate
Robert Zemeckis brings a motion capture version of the classic Dustin Hoffman favourite to life. This 2012 remake looks set to top the 1967 original.
I can see them butching this.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

I could see Disney making all of those movies.

All of them.

***shudders***

P.S. This is a joke, just check the "source" link.
Last edited by UmbrellaFish on Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Wonderlicious wrote:Disney have announced a couple of new films, I thought that I'd share them with you as I don't believe that they've been posted on this forum. They all look pretty good in my opinion.

Many a Mattress
Coming in 2012 is Disney's hand-drawn follow-up to The Princess and the Frog is an all-action all-comedy all-enjoyable adventure based on the classic story by Hans Christian Andersen of a girl with a sleeping problem. Staying the night in the cave of a handsome bandit named Alaric, the fair princess Jacinta realises that pea mattresses can cause her problems, which sends the two misfits on a journey to an arrogant prince's castle in order to make the most famous bad sleep of all time.
Something tells me this could be the John Musker/Ron Clements secret project that I heard about. :)
Wonderlicious wrote:Tetris
Co-produced with Jerry Bruckheimer, this Summer 2012 tentpole sees the timeless video game brought to life. In a small Russian town prior to the 1917 Revolution, a young farmer (played by Zac Efron) discovers an ancient document and a puzzle that seems to go on forever, leading to the greatest journey of his life.

Umm.... okay. This is gonna be either really neat, or it's gonna suck. :P
Wonderlicious wrote:Muppet Little Women
Walt Disney Pictures and Muppet Studios bring a classic to the screen with a Muppet twist! The timeless story by Louisa M Allcot is brought to the screen like never before, just in time for Christmas 2011.
This could be interesting. :)
Wonderlicious wrote:Jonas: the Movie

The Graduate
..... What?? :shock:
Wonderlicious wrote:Diary of a Stepmother
Tim Burton brings to life in 2013 the timeless tale of Cinderella with a twist - this time, it's the stepmother's turn in the spotlight. Starring Helena Bonham Carter as Lady Tremain, Johnny Depp as the treacherous butler Buttons and Stephen Fry as the esteemed King of France. Don't expect a release of this in the UK or Holland, as the cinemas are planning to boycot Disney's decision to release the fim simultaneously on DVD/Blu-Ray and on the big screen.
Sounds practically like it could be another POV movie, like that coming soon Maleficent movie. :lol:
Wonderlicious wrote:Triumph of the Will
In time for the 80th Anniversary of the Nazis' rise to power, 2013 sees Robert Zemeckis remakes the classic Nazi propaganda piece by Leni Riefenstahl in stunning 3D motion capture. Nuremberg never looked so brilliant!
You're kidding, right? :roll:
jpanimation
Anniversary Edition

Post by jpanimation »

April 1st already?
robster16
Special Edition

Post by robster16 »

DisneyJedi wrote:
Wonderlicious wrote:Disney have announced a couple of new films, I thought that I'd share them with you as I don't believe that they've been posted on this forum. They all look pretty good in my opinion.

Many a Mattress
Something tells me this could be the John Musker/Ron Clements secret project that I heard about. :)
Of course there is a fairytale about "The Princess On The Pea" which has that very premise. Well, similarly. A prince uses a test of having girls sleep in a bed of 20 mattresses with a single pea under the bottom mattress. If the girl feels the pea, she is a princess and the girl he should marry, because only a princess would feel a pea under 20 mattresses.

Absolutely ridiculous premise for a movie of course...
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Wait a second. *checks sitE* Wonderlicious, you stink! :x
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

The Graduate
Oh for fuck's sake! You've got to be shitting me! A remake of one of the all-time best comedies/dramas? How low do you have to sink to do such a desperate attempt?

Honestly: who's waiting to see this? Why would you want to see a remake, a remake even in MOTION CAPTURE for crying out loud!, of the fantastic, timeless performances of Dustin Hoffman and Anne Bancroft? This is artistic LAZINESS at its top! If this is the best Disney can do, please put them out of their misery!

Can Zemeckis do ANYTHING but remakes these days? He used to be good at telling original stories! Somebody rescue him and get him away from Disney!

The Jonas shouldn't even be famous, let alone get a film! Nobody should know these non-talents!

And please, WDWLocal, don't bother to tell me to "LEAVE DISNEY ALONE!!!!!1!1"
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

You are officially the greatest mastermind of jokes, Wonderlicious. Congratulations. :)
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

UmbrellaFish wrote:You are officially the greatest mastermind of jokes, Wonderlicious. Congratulations. :)
Well, I thought Disney remaking Yellow Submarine also was a joke... So you never know with Disney...
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Right now, Disney is the joke.
Siren
Platinum Edition

Post by Siren »

And how many of the movies will Disney ACTUALLY make. Disney has had a shining record of announcing movies that never get made.

Not that any of those are a big loss.
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

ajmrowland wrote:Right now, Disney is the joke.
As usual, you are being too negative!!

You are completely wrong!!

Why don't you post something positive instead!!

Leave Disney alone!!!!!1!1 :x :x :x :x :x
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Stop giving Disney ideas, they might actually use them. :p
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

So..is this really just a pratical joke?? if it is thank god

also Wonderlicious you know better than to give Disney ideas they have enough brains right now messing up on their own already... :P
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

:lol: :lol:
tsom
Anniversary Edition

Post by tsom »

I knew those were fake, but I would honestly see them! Haha

I have a feeling The Princess and the Pea will be adapted by Disney someday. Along with The 12 Dancing Princesses and maybe Rumpelstiltskin.
SillySymphony
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SillySymphony »

I almost believed you until I got to 'Muppet Little Women.' :lol:

Seriously, I could see Disney making all of these movies just for the millions.
Last edited by SillySymphony on Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
theCat'sOut/Flowers&Trees/theFlyingMouse/theSkeletonDance/theThreeLittlePigs
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

I cant believe I believed that! :lol: