The Princess and the Frog Discussion - Part III

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.

Which is your favorite PatF character?

Princess Tiana
27%
Prince Naveen
11%
Dr. Facilier
19%
Mama Odie
4%
Eudora & James (Tiana's parents)
1%
Charlotte La Bouff
18%
Eli "Big Daddy" La Bouff (Charlotte's father)
1%
Ray (the firefly)
8%
Louis (the alligator)
11%
Other (say which)
2%

Total votes: 177

Margos
Anniversary Edition

Post by Margos »

Want2beBelle wrote: U couldn't post a link with a spoiler alert, i really didn't want to see that pic, i would've like to see that in the movie... Sorry but i didn't want to ruin it for myself... Who knew if this would've happened in the movie...
Is... is that sarcasm? Really? Or are you serious? Because if you are... and you didn't know that this would happen... Uhhh.... Hmm. I really don't know what to say.

Although... (spoiler):
Ray isn't on this cover. I really don't care about having movie spoiled beforehand, so... I heard that he is stomped on by Dr. Facilier, and is killed. Is it true? :(
http://dragonsbane.webs.com
http://childrenofnight.webs.com

^My websites promoting my two WIP novels! Check them out for exclusive content!
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

Well, its technically a spoiler since its the scene in which Froggy Naveen and Tiana get married at the bayou when they accept their fate, but their first kiss as husband and wife is what changes them back to their human forms.
ImageImageImageImage

Want2beBelle
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Want2beBelle »

Margos wrote:
Want2beBelle wrote: U couldn't post a link with a spoiler alert, i really didn't want to see that pic, i would've like to see that in the movie... Sorry but i didn't want to ruin it for myself... Who knew if this would've happened in the movie...
Is... is that sarcasm? Really? Or are you serious? Because if you are... and you didn't know that this would happen... Uhhh.... Hmm. I really don't know what to say.

Although... (spoiler):
Ray isn't on this cover. I really don't care about having movie spoiled beforehand, so... I heard that he is stomped on by Dr. Facilier, and is killed. Is it true? :(
u don't have to say anything... U didn't post the pic...It's not about that... Maybe u don't mind and are entitled to your opinions all i am saying is that i didn't want to look at that.. I want to see that when i saw the movie and be awwed by it, it kinda ruins the moment that way...i'm not oblivious to know that would'nt happen...if u want to know about the movie before hand then more power to you...their is no need for your sarcasm...
Last edited by Want2beBelle on Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Margos
Anniversary Edition

Post by Margos »

But still, the picture doesn't necessarily say all of that. It's just them kissing in the bayou. Which we've already sort of seen the beginning of in the trailer anyway. Besides, it's a classic Disney fairy tale, and this picture shows the Prince and Princess kissing. No biggy.

Want2beBelle
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Want2beBelle »

Margos wrote:But still, the picture doesn't necessarily say all of that. It's just them kissing in the bayou. Which we've already sort of seen the beginning of in the trailer anyway. Besides, it's a classic Disney fairy tale, and this picture shows the Prince and Princess kissing. No biggy.
If u don't get how that is not a spoiler then i don't know what to say??? Ummm...u posted urself how u saw something in the pic that u found out about something, but ur okay with it... It doesn't matter now it's been posted
Want2beBelle
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Want2beBelle »

pap64 wrote:Well, its technically a spoiler since its the scene in which Froggy Naveen and Tiana get married at the bayou when they accept their fate, but their first kiss as husband and wife is what changes them back to their human forms.
Thank u!!! :up:
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

I guess what want2belle is trying to say is that while we all know that Tiana and Naveen get married and live happily ever after HOW it happens is likely to be a spoiler.

Disney has mostly shown scenes which show music, some animation and character development, but a lot las been kept secret from audiences.
ImageImageImageImage

DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Margos wrote:

Although... (spoiler):
Oh, I hope not! :(
Old Fish Tale
Anniversary Edition

Post by Old Fish Tale »

Want2beBelle
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Want2beBelle »

pap64 wrote:I guess what want2belle is trying to say is that while we all know that Tiana and Naveen get married and live happily ever after HOW it happens is likely to be a spoiler.

Disney has mostly shown scenes which show music, some animation and character development, but a lot las been kept secret from audiences.
Thanks that's what i'm trying to say, now only how it happens also how it looks like... It's a special moment and rather see it when it comes out ..just my 2 cent...i'm sure others feel the same...i'm not the only one who said something or felt this way...
Will Barks
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Will Barks »

Old Fish Tale wrote:New video!
I love the stylized sequence from "Almost There"!
Poody
Anniversary Edition

Post by Poody »

hmmm... nothing loads for me.
Margos
Anniversary Edition

Post by Margos »

Want2beBelle wrote:
pap64 wrote:I guess what want2belle is trying to say is that while we all know that Tiana and Naveen get married and live happily ever after HOW it happens is likely to be a spoiler.

Thanks that's what i'm trying to say, now only how it happens also how it looks like... It's a special moment and rather see it when it comes out ..just my 2 cent...i'm sure others feel the same...i'm not the only one who said something or felt this way...
Well, yeah. Okay, I guess you guys have a pretty good point there. I guess it's just odd for me (since I've read and seen every spoiler that everyone has posted so far) to imagine that people still really don't know. Sorry, guys!
But just to clarify, the thing that I noticed and whited out in my post, I never would have noticed if I wasn't specifically looking for it...

And yes, great video, Old Fish Tale! I also love the look of the "Almost There" sequence, it's very interesting! And "Friends on the Other Side" sounds better with every snippet I hear!

pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

Moving on, I wonder when will Disney update the Disney Princess page with Tiana's page. The movie's only a month away, so the page should be updated by now.
ImageImageImageImage

Margos
Anniversary Edition

Post by Margos »

She's still not even animated, and her games aren't playable, nor is she even mentioned in the Charm Book yet. I just checked. I hope they hurry up! I'm actually pretty excited to see her environments and wardrobes and things.

pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

Margos wrote:She's still not even animated, and her games aren't playable, nor is she even mentioned in the Charm Book yet. I just checked. I hope they hurry up! I'm actually pretty excited to see her environments and wardrobes and things.
Yeah, with the film only a few weeks away you would think they would have updated the page by now.
ImageImageImageImage

Margos
Anniversary Edition

Post by Margos »

Then again, all of the princess' worlds seem to exist after the film. For example, they all mention being married/with their princes/dating (in Mulan's case) (and except for Pocahontas). They reminisce about things that happened in the film, etc. So I can see them waiting until after the film is released (and possbily out of theatres, too) to prevent spoiling too much... especially if Ray does actually die. It would probably seem odd if he didn't have an event dedicated to him before the film comes out.

pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

Margos wrote:Then again, all of the princess' worlds seem to exist after the film. For example, they all mention being married/with their princes/dating (in Mulan's case) (and except for Pocahontas). They reminisce about things that happened in the film, etc. So I can see them waiting until after the film is released (and possbily out of theatres, too) to prevent spoiling too much... especially if Ray does actually die. It would probably seem odd if he didn't have an event dedicated to him before the film comes out.
True, the princesses do talk about their important events in a past tense. But still, they could write a script for Tiana that doesn't spoil the film and still continue her life. In fact, they are already doing that!

One of the books, Tiana and the Royal Ball, takes place months after the movie ends, and we haven't seen the first movie yet! Then the videogame version of The Princess and the Frog has all of the characters interacting with each other at Tiana's Place, her restaurant. And both Naveen and Tiana are seen wearing their bayou wedding outfits, even though in the actual film that doesn't happen till the very end.

And then we have the storybook that spoils the ending, so clearly, Disney isn't afraid of spoiling the film for people :p .
ImageImageImageImage

Margos
Anniversary Edition

Post by Margos »

Hmm... that's true. Although, that would date the games. Here's what I mean:
If they update her now, we will have a contrast: Belle (as an example) basically summarizing the entire plot of her film, and Tiana talking about her current life, while only referring to her film's events in the vaguest sense. Several months from now, when everyone knows everything that happens in TPatF, virtual Tiana on the Princess website is still babbling in veiled references, while everyone else describes their events at length. It would seem odd.
And no, they don't seem to care to much about spoiling this film to a certain extent (yeah, we know they get married in the end), but still, I think that's because it isn't much of a spoiler. It's not like their announcing: "Here's how Dr. Facilier does the things he does. Here's how Mama Odie responds to that. And then Ray dies. Etc. Etc. Etc."
They're only spoiling the things that should be obvious to anyone who's ever seen a classic Disney fairy tale. There will be magic (both good and bad), there will be amusing supporting characters with mini-arcs of their own, and *GASP* there will be a wedding in the end. And at that wedding... the prince and princess get married. That's not really spoiling anything, since we all knew that was going to happen.
It's not like Mama Odie was going to decide to turn everyone into zebras, and then Tiana runs away to marry Charlotte, while Dr. Facilier shoots Naveen and hangs his pelt on his wall.

Siren
Platinum Edition

Post by Siren »

Will Barks wrote:
I love the stylized sequence from "Almost There"!
Me too! Really adds a nice element to it being a dream sequence