The Princess and the Frog Discussion - Part III

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.

Which is your favorite PatF character?

Princess Tiana
27%
Prince Naveen
11%
Dr. Facilier
19%
Mama Odie
4%
Eudora & James (Tiana's parents)
1%
Charlotte La Bouff
18%
Eli "Big Daddy" La Bouff (Charlotte's father)
1%
Ray (the firefly)
8%
Louis (the alligator)
11%
Other (say which)
2%

Total votes: 177

disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

I'm Leaning torwards The Shadow Man himself...who has friends on the other side....the one the only... Dr. Facilier

I know this has been brought up in other threads of TPATF - But Dr. Facilier remins me more of an evil Oscar Proud..and...as Mama Odie reminds me of Suga Mama from the Proud Family....

Maybe its just been a while...but I am really hoping Dr. Facilier gets more recognition down the road as a Disney Villain we love to hate as much as Jafar.....It's been a long time since a True Disney Villain has offered potential in the ranks of Jafar, Cruela ETC
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I'm not sure why everyone keeps referencing Jafar as something to aspire to. I mean, he's definitely better than Edgar from The Aristocats, I guess, but...

I don't mean to sound negative, but I hope the Shadow Man turns out better than that.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Prince Edward
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Edward »

Disney's Divinity wrote:I'm not sure why everyone keeps referencing Jafar as something to aspire to. I mean, he's definitely better than Edgar from The Aristocats, I guess, but...

I don't mean to sound negative, but I hope the Shadow Man turns out better than that.
What? Jafar is the coolest Disney-villains of them all!^^ My top Disney-villains would be Jafar, Maleficent, Hades, Ursula, Captain Hook, Frollo and Yzma.
katemonster
Special Edition

Post by katemonster »

For all you “Mama Odie” fans out there, there was a feature about her on Disney.com. I just caught it this morning on the website, so maybe if you check sometime soon it will still be on the homepage. I know the videos often rotate, so check the "Movies" page too! Enjoy! http://disney.go.com/index
IagoZazu
Gold Classic Collection

Post by IagoZazu »

disneyboy20022 wrote:
Maybe its just been a while...but I am really hoping Dr. Facilier gets more recognition down the road as a Disney Villain we love to hate as much as Jafar.....It's been a long time since a True Disney Villain has offered potential in the ranks of Jafar, Cruela ETC
Yes, I hope he rubs shoulders with the top villains myself. One way for a Disney Villain to be great is to have an intimidating, memorable voice. Keith David has that deep, dark voice to be just that. All of them (especially Maleficent and Ursula) got a lot of their spookiness from their voice.
Say no to moldy, disgusting crackers!
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

IagoZazu wrote:
disneyboy20022 wrote:
Yes, I hope he rubs shoulders with the top villains myself. One way for a Disney Villain to be great is to have an intimidating, memorable voice. Keith David has that deep, dark voice to be just that. All of them (especially Maleficent and Ursula) got a lot of their spookiness from their voice.
Oh I agree....the voice of the character can either be an instant turn on or turn off....why do you think the last Tradional Animated Character isn't really around.....what was his name? Alamita Slim Jim???? :P In My opinion he wasn't that good of a memorable villain if you someone asks you to name a Disney Villain off the top of your head....its probably going to be Jafar or Maleficent or even Scar and Frollo and Ursula..

I mean if Rosie O'Donnel voiced Ursualla....I don't think we have the ursula villain we hate and love to watch get killed in the gut by wooden ship. :P
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
IagoZazu
Gold Classic Collection

Post by IagoZazu »

disneyboy20022 wrote:
I mean if Rosie O'Donnel voiced Ursualla....I don't think we have the ursula villain we hate and love to watch get killed in the gut by wooden ship. :P
Well, we wouldn't have underestimated the importance of a body language. :P

But I'm sure Dr. Facilier will be a good villain, or "bad" in villain terms. It's one of the steps to a great Disney classic. Keith David is an esteemed voice acter who was in the Gargoyle TV series and a number of video games and TV spots. He has the dark voice to get it right, don't get me wrong.

Now I hope the other characters will be good as well. I didn't look too deeply into this movie's information. I don't want to spoil the songs or anything about the movie in terms of plot. I'm going to be entering the theater and listening to all these songs for the first time and seeing the plot unfold and thicken before me without knowing before. It makes it a much more effective and better cinematic experience.

I'll be very excited though, and I'm confident the movie will do reasonably good at the box office.
Say no to moldy, disgusting crackers!
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

ColorsOfTheWind wrote:So I was perusing the Princess and the Frog IMDB discussion board, and apparently there has been a Geico commercial on TV with Naveen? :o

Has anyone seen it? I searched Youtube in the hopes someone posted a video of it, but nothing popped up.

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_RNre3H7A

Enjoy 8)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Cordy_Biddle wrote:I voted for Tiana, purely because (at this early stage) she's the only character I really "know".
Same here. Plus, she reminds me of Jasmine and Mulan, two of my favorite Disney heroines.

Btw, sotiris, I love your avatar! :thumb:
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Mooky wrote:Btw, sotiris, I love your avatar! :thumb:
Thanks! :) Isn't it funny and cute? :lol:
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Most definitely :lol:! The way that scene plays out is hilarious.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Mooky wrote:Most definitely :lol:! The way that scene plays out is hilarious.
Yeah, gotta love Oliver & Company! :wink:
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

sotiris2006 wrote:
ColorsOfTheWind wrote:So I was perusing the Princess and the Frog IMDB discussion board, and apparently there has been a Geico commercial on TV with Naveen? :o

Has anyone seen it? I searched Youtube in the hopes someone posted a video of it, but nothing popped up.

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_RNre3H7A

Enjoy 8)
Hey, thanks! This was amusing! :D
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

That was a clever way to promote the film!

Not to mention that it's smart to market the film towards adults as well. I mean, I doubt kids understand the concept of insurance and know what GEICO does. But adults do. Not to mention that the GEICO commercials are popular (the cavemen, the gecko, and the pile of money with eyes).
ImageImageImageImage

Poody
Anniversary Edition

Post by Poody »

So here it is. A doll of Tiana's friend Charlotte. Personally, I don't think it looks anything like her. She needs her big poofy dress too! Still buying it though.... :lol:

pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

She looks more like Barbie than Charlotte. But it does look good.
ImageImageImageImage

Margos
Anniversary Edition

Post by Margos »

I don't know, Barbie has a much slimmer face, while this doll has Charlotte's chubbier face. I think it's an alright resemblance, not perfect, but pretty good.
And that commercial was pretty cool. :lol:
And yes, I also love your new avatar, Sotiris! It's definitely a good look for Oliver... I almost wish he could have spent a whole scene that way, although it may have ruined the comedic effect....
http://dragonsbane.webs.com
http://childrenofnight.webs.com

^My websites promoting my two WIP novels! Check them out for exclusive content!
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

It just looks like a generic Barbie doll to me.

And the Geico advertisement is really cute.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Yeah, the doll doesn't look much like the character. When does it ever, though?

Also, the commercial was really clever! My only nitpick is I feel like I've seen the entire movie now.
Want2beBelle
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Want2beBelle »

UmbrellaFish wrote:
sotiris2006 wrote: ...and my favorite:

Gee- I wonder what happens at the end of the movie? :P

Not that it wasn't painfully obvious anyway, but still...
Tru...your're right...
They couldn't post a link with a spoiler alert, i really didn't want to see that pic, i would've like to see that in the movie... Sorry but i didn't want to ruin it for myself... Who knew if this would've happened in the movie...
Last edited by Want2beBelle on Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.