Walt Disney Treasures Wave IX Discussion

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Tomorrowland Man
Limited Issue

Post by Tomorrowland Man »

Sigh... :(
Tomorrowland Man
Limited Issue

Ridiculous! I just ordered the Elfego Baca/Swamp Fox Treasures set and in 15 minutes it's already being prepared. And it's not even due until Wednesday!

With 30,000 being issued, I wonder if there is cause for concern and I should contact Amazon about it.
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

If Amazon hasn't shipped mine by Tuesday, I'm going to skip my morning class and be at Best Buy when they open and cancel my amazon order.
I'm currently watching and reviewing every Disney film in chronological order. You can follow along at my blog, The Disney Films, and also follow me on Twitter.
Tomorrowland Man
Limited Issue

Well I'm giving them til 5 tonight (or when my patience breaks) and making the call to see what's up. Something's up and you'd think Prime members would get top priority.

If it doesn't work out, going to do in-store pick up from Best Buy to ensure I get a copy.
Tomorrowland Man
Limited Issue

goofstitch (by the way, do you mind if I call you GS for short?):

I just got off the phone with Sandra at Amazon and she said that my package was supposed to be shipped on Friday but she couldn't explain what happened. She did say, however, that the set will most likely be shipped tomorrow night as part as an overnight to be delivered on Tuesday.

It's good to know but just in case, if it hasn't shipped, I'm definitely going the Best Buy route.
Gurgi30
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Gurgi30 »

Well supposedly mine is being prepped and I can't change or cancel it though it also says it isn't supposed to ship until the 9th of November. It also says I'll get it sometime between November 17th and November 23rd.

I'm not sure what to do at this point since I can't cancel it but I don't have money to buy it at two locations either. I have the entire WDT collection and I'll be very upset if I don't get these two sets.
a-net-fan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by a-net-fan »

Gurgi30 wrote: I have the entire WDT collection and I'll be very upset if I don't get these two sets.
I believe that you have nothing to worry about here. Amazon only takes orders for product they know they are going to have. If they had any problems filling the pre orders they already have.....they wouldnt accept anymore by shutting down the option just like they do when they run out of product for any item. Remember last wave how they ran out of ( I believe Donald) and had the listing shut down for a while until they eventually got a few more ....and the listing went back up before it sold out again?

Case and point its a matter of "WHEN" you will get your Zorro Treasures then "IF" in this case. Mine hasnt been shipped either and I pre ordered in May.
JUST ANOTHER 27 YEAR OLD DISNEY BUFF.....
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

I ordered the 2 sets yesterday and it said they are gonna ship on November 3 (the official release date).
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
gardener14
Special Edition

Post by gardener14 »

I ordered mine months ago. I got an email this morning stating that they have been shipped and the estimated delivery date is Nov. 4.
stewie15
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stewie15 »

Anyway so should I tell my mom to preorder these now from amazon.ca? (I'm hopefully getting them for Christmas)
Any answers? :?
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

stewie15 wrote:
Anyway so should I tell my mom to preorder these now from amazon.ca? (I'm hopefully getting them for Christmas)
Yes, definitely. :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

stewie15 wrote:

For sure I would.....and make sure to tell your mom that there only going to be 30,000 of each made worldwide.....like thats 1/10 of the city of New York or something......and explain to her why they cost more than tins of the past like these are 6 discs... and that's why they cost more than usual...If Dr Synn Scarecrow sold out at amazon in a month.....I'd say get the order in ASAP....and honestly....if she says something like what would you rather have the new Pixar Movie UP or the treasures.....say 2 Zorro's because I think I can say with much confidence that that Up will be around much longer to purchase at a store than Zorro.....
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
leuchtmuschel
Limited Issue

I am waiting for delivery of Zorro

Post by leuchtmuschel »

Last week I has had made a call with my international retailer. I told him that this ordering of Zorro is a very limited issue. He checked my order and it is indeed placed correct. He is sure that my order will be executed.

I have to wait a little bit longer as the most of you: The price of each Zorro-box will exceed the limit of € 22, so taxes and duties will take its time of delivery and amount of extra money.
a-net-fan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by a-net-fan »

disneyboy20022 wrote:
stewie15 wrote: Any answers? :?

For sure I would.....and make sure to tell your mom that there only going to be 30,000 of each made worldwide.....like thats 1/10 of the city of New York or something......and explain to her why they cost more than tins of the past like these are 6 discs... and that's why they cost more than usual...If Dr Synn Scarecrow sold out at amazon in a month.....I'd say get the order in ASAP....and honestly....if she says something like what would you rather have the new Pixar Movie UP or the treasures.....say 2 Zorro's because I think I can say with much confidence that that Up will be around much longer to purchase at a store than Zorro.....

I Agree!

Its rank on Amazon is 60 as of this minute.

leuchtmuschel : WOW I admire you going thru the grueling process of dont what you need to to get this set! I hope it arrives safely and as quickly as possible.
JUST ANOTHER 27 YEAR OLD DISNEY BUFF.....
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

My set shipped this morning and Amazon says it will get here Wednesday.
I'm currently watching and reviewing every Disney film in chronological order. You can follow along at my blog, The Disney Films, and also follow me on Twitter.
Tomorrowland Man
Limited Issue

This is extremely frustrating. Mine hasn't even been prepared yet! If this doesn't ship today and I have to go through Best Buy which is obviously more expensive, then I'm canceling my Prime membership through Amazon and asking for a full refund. This is inexcusable!
chadhobbick
Gold Classic Collection

Post by chadhobbick »

I understand the frustration, but I wouldn't take drastic steps yet. I'm not interested in this wave at all, but I've ordered from Amazon and understand the delays in shipping and updating. I ordered an hdtv from them about a month ago, and paid for 3-4 day shipping. Well it showed up in two days and the site said nothing about the item ever shipping yet, it took 6 days before it showed that it actually shipped w/tracking number and stuff. I'm just saying that sometimes they don't update your shipping information and such right away. Your item has more than likely shipped it just doesn't show that it has...........yet.
I find you pompous, judgemental, and completely self-absorbed.........would you be my friend?
Tomorrowland Man
Limited Issue

IT'S ABOUT TIME, AMAZON! :oops:
Tomorrowland Man
Limited Issue

chadhobbick wrote:I understand the frustration, but I wouldn't take drastic steps yet. I'm not interested in this wave at all, but I've ordered from Amazon and understand the delays in shipping and updating. I ordered an hdtv from them about a month ago, and paid for 3-4 day shipping. Well it showed up in two days and the site said nothing about the item ever shipping yet, it took 6 days before it showed that it actually shipped w/tracking number and stuff. I'm just saying that sometimes they don't update your shipping information and such right away. Your item has more than likely shipped it just doesn't show that it has...........yet.
Oh that's probably the case, Chad. Normally I'm the most patient guy around. I'll just blame the flu I'm fighting for throwing all patience right out of the window. :P
Rudy Matt
Special Edition

Post by Rudy Matt »

Local Best Buy only getting 9 copies of each. I'll be there as soon as the store opens. :)