Lizzie McGuire Back on Disney Channel!

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Lizzie McGuire Back on Disney Channel!

Post by PeterPanfan »

Okay. I know that practically no one cares about this, Lizzie McGuire was added back into Disney Channel's schedule starting September 12. It airs two days a week in a block. Hopefully this is the start of more older series returning! (i.e. So Weird, Even Stevens, Famous Jet Jackson, The Jersey, etc.)

:D
Last edited by PeterPanfan on Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cordy_Biddle
Anniversary Edition

Post by Cordy_Biddle »

I especially love the fresh, first season of "Lizzie McGuire" so this is good news. Can't believe this show is officially OLD now! Scary... :roll:
I'm just valentine candy and boxing-gloves!

My DVD Collection :
http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

I know I will get attacked for this, but I think this show is one of the reasons why The Disney Channel is the way it is now.
The_Iceflash
Anniversary Edition

Post by The_Iceflash »

PixarFan2006 wrote:I know I will get attacked for this, but I think this show is one of the reasons why The Disney Channel is the way it is now.
I agree. Not to mention it was Lizzie McGuire's popularity that lead to Vault Disney being taken off so re-runs of that and other shows can be played during the late-night block.
zackisthewalrus
Anniversary Edition

Post by zackisthewalrus »

I watched an episode of it today. It's hard to believe that this aired when I was, like, 6 or 7 and now it's old. Does that make me ancient? Haha
"No day but today."
My YouTube Channel
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Now, all that's left is to get other smarter shows back in the block, and Disney XD back to Toon Disney. :P
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Post by slave2moonlight »

I noticed this too last week. It was weird to see it again. Though it might mean some other old stuff will get aired again, I suspect it is an attempt to focus Disney Channel more towards girls now that they have XD, a channel aimed at boys. I said this would happen some time back, but was scoffed at for it. Wouldn't be too surprised if So Weird came back on here, but I won't hold my breath for the return of any old shows. I just hope we see some more DVDs of this stuff too. Again though, won't hold my breath.

I don't think Lizzie should be blamed for current Disney Channel. It was a good enough show to fit in well with old Disney. Honestly, it doesn't look the same as the current Disney Channel shows, and that may prevent it from staying on long this second go-round. But, anyway, as I was saying, I don't think the current shows are Lizzie's fault, I think the decision to go tween was made a bit before. Yeah, Lizzie was one of the first shows, but I don't think it was the cause of the decision. And I'm not sure if Raven was the first of the big, overacting, goofball comedies, but it's the earliest I can remember and that seems a more worthy place to lay blame for how cheesy current Disney CHannel shows are.
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

slave2moonlight wrote:I noticed this too last week. It was weird to see it again. Though it might mean some other old stuff will get aired again, I suspect it is an attempt to focus Disney Channel more towards girls now that they have XD, a channel aimed at boys. I said this would happen some time back, but was scoffed at for it. Wouldn't be too surprised if So Weird came back on here, but I won't hold my breath for the return of any old shows. I just hope we see some more DVDs of this stuff too. Again though, won't hold my breath.

I don't think Lizzie should be blamed for current Disney Channel. It was a good enough show to fit in well with old Disney. Honestly, it doesn't look the same as the current Disney Channel shows, and that may prevent it from staying on long this second go-round. But, anyway, as I was saying, I don't think the current shows are Lizzie's fault, I think the decision to go tween was made a bit before. Yeah, Lizzie was one of the first shows, but I don't think it was the cause of the decision. And I'm not sure if Raven was the first of the big, overacting, goofball comedies, but it's the earliest I can remember and that seems a more worthy place to lay blame for how cheesy current Disney CHannel shows are.
I remember Disney Channel making "So Weird"'s third season significantly lighter than the previous two. Originally, the main character was supposed to go to Hell and find her dad. That was seriously a dark children's program, and it used to scare me when I was a kid. And I loved every minute of it. :D

Also, I don't think Lizzie McGuire had anything to do with DC's wanting to become a more kid-friendly channel. Like S2M, I lay the blame on That's So Raven, which I still enjoyed. Even that is a million times better than what's on the station now.
Last edited by PeterPanfan on Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ColorsOfTheWind
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ColorsOfTheWind »

Well, it's nice to know that old Disney Channel might be making a come back. This actually gives me hope, as well as the new show they have in development called Smart Alec. I've read the script and it isn't that bad. It's actually funny :o Definitely much better than Hannah Montana.
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

ColorsOfTheWind wrote:Well, it's nice to know that old Disney Channel might be making a come back. This actually gives me hope, as well as the new show they have in development called Smart Alec. I've read the script and it isn't that bad. It's actually funny :o Definitely much better than Hannah Montana.
What's the plot?
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

Aren't "Jett Jackson" and "Even Stevens" on Disney XD?
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
ColorsOfTheWind
Gold Classic Collection

PeterPanfan wrote:
ColorsOfTheWind wrote:Well, it's nice to know that old Disney Channel might be making a come back. This actually gives me hope, as well as the new show they have in development called Smart Alec. I've read the script and it isn't that bad. It's actually funny :o Definitely much better than Hannah Montana.
What's the plot?
It's based on a fourteen-year-old girl who, in eighth grade, was a super-nerd (don't know how else to describe her :lol: ) but during the summer transition to high school, she became this hot and popular girl, but is still a nerd on the inside. She basically tries to help her new popular friends and old nerdy friends get along with each other.

It's still fairly much like the shows on today, but the humor is actually pretty well done. I'm auditioning for the lead character tomorrow, so I'll try to make everyone proud. :)
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

PeterPanfan wrote:
What's the plot?
There isn't one. No "twist", no real plot, and filmed more in a similar style to Jonas, but without so much silliness. Just a regular 13 yr old girl and her friends tackling middle-school. The only "twist" is her thoughts are conveyed through frequent cuts to an animated version of herself.
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

ajmrowland wrote:
PeterPanfan wrote:
What's the plot?
There isn't one. No "twist", no real plot, and filmed more in a similar style to Jonas, but without so much silliness. Just a regular 13 yr old girl and her friends tackling middle-school. The only "twist" is her thoughts are conveyed through frequent cuts to an animated version of herself.
Uh, I suggest reading the first post in a topic before replying to one, taken totally out of context. :)
ColorsoftheWind wrote:
It's based on a fourteen-year-old girl who, in eighth grade, was a super-nerd (don't know how else to describe her ) but during the summer transition to high school, she became this hot and popular girl, but is still a nerd on the inside. She basically tries to help her new popular friends and old nerdy friends get along with each other.

It's still fairly much like the shows on today, but the humor is actually pretty well done. I'm auditioning for the lead character tomorrow, so I'll try to make everyone proud.
Oh, wow. Break a leg! :)
rexcrk
Anniversary Edition

Post by rexcrk »

Lizzie McGuire was taken off the air when I started watching Disney Channel a couple years ago (during the "That's So Raven-Suite Life-Phil of the Future-Hannah Montana [just starting] era").

I do love the movie though, it's a guilty pleasure of mine xD.
But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.
Cordy_Biddle
Anniversary Edition

Post by Cordy_Biddle »

PeterPanfan wrote:
ajmrowland wrote: There isn't one. No "twist", no real plot, and filmed more in a similar style to Jonas, but without so much silliness. Just a regular 13 yr old girl and her friends tackling middle-school. The only "twist" is her thoughts are conveyed through frequent cuts to an animated version of herself.
Uh, I suggest reading the first post in a topic before replying to one, taken totally out of context. :)
ColorsoftheWind wrote:
It's based on a fourteen-year-old girl who, in eighth grade, was a super-nerd (don't know how else to describe her ) but during the summer transition to high school, she became this hot and popular girl, but is still a nerd on the inside. She basically tries to help her new popular friends and old nerdy friends get along with each other.

It's still fairly much like the shows on today, but the humor is actually pretty well done. I'm auditioning for the lead character tomorrow, so I'll try to make everyone proud.
Oh, yeah...sounds familiar. Her name is something like Suzy McMyer or something, right? :P

My DVD Collection :
ColorsOfTheWind
Gold Classic Collection

PeterPanfan wrote:
ColorsoftheWind wrote:

Thank you! When I come back from it tomorrow, maybe I'll post how it went. :)
Cordy_Biddle
Anniversary Edition

Post by Cordy_Biddle »

ColorsOfTheWind wrote:
PeterPanfan wrote: Oh, wow. Break a leg! :)
Thank you! When I come back from it tomorrow, maybe I'll post how it went. :)
Sounds like you've an exciting day ahead! Don't forget to post all details here. :)

My DVD Collection :
ColorsOfTheWind
Gold Classic Collection

Cordy_Biddle wrote: Sounds like you've an exciting day ahead! Don't forget to post all details here. :)
It should be. Coincidently, a few of my friends from the acting academy I go to are auditioning as well, so it should be interesting :P I'll post the details of the audition here for all those who are interested!
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

PeterPanfan wrote:
ajmrowland wrote: There isn't one. No "twist", no real plot, and filmed more in a similar style to Jonas, but without so much silliness. Just a regular 13 yr old girl and her friends tackling middle-school. The only "twist" is her thoughts are conveyed through frequent cuts to an animated version of herself.
)
oops! I thought this was a Lizzie McGuire topic. And I think you meant the post above mine, other than the first one.

So Weird was one of my favorite shows!:) Too bad it isn't on DVD. :(

And Good Luck to ColorsoftheWind.