Walt Disney Treasures Wave IX Discussion

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Ironically, I have a lot of interest in getting them but don't really care what kind of cover there is on the DVD. :P

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
a-net-fan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by a-net-fan »

EXACTLY! If you like the cover art so much PPFan you should def pick these up. They would look great displayed in your collection!! :) HEY its a reason.....
JUST ANOTHER 27 YEAR OLD DISNEY BUFF.....
Rudy Matt
Special Edition

Post by Rudy Matt »

I can't speak for the 2nd season, but he 1st season was marvelous. There are stunts in that show and special f/x and matte paintings that truly take the breath away. If Walt Disney had produced nothing else for TV, he'd have a proud legacy with this series alone. The family is looking forward to this release, and especially the 2nd season.
a-net-fan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by a-net-fan »

You know, I am starting to get more and more excited about this release as time goes on. I have seen many episodes of Zorro when the show was on Vault Disney (which was a while ago) but I know I havent seen nearly all of them. It will be really cool to watch all the episodes in order and see how the series actually BEGAN and then grew until its final eposide.

Also knowing the names involved in this project im SURE we will get a wealth of bonus material! I am sure they have raided the archives and will feature a ton of memorablia and some props. Its too bad that the original Zorro set has been demolished. I believe it was still standing at the Disney Studios until the 1980s when it bit the dust for new buildings.
Professor Von Drake

Re: Walt Disney Treasures Wave IX Discussion

Post by Professor Von Drake »

Barbossa wrote:Walt Disney Treasures Wave IX Discussion
:!: Update #2 (May 15, 2009):
It has been revealed that there will be 2 volumes of Zorro in this 9th wave. I posted the cover art above.
THOSE %&$&$#%$ IDIOTS !! :x :evil: :twisted:

I bought 10 discs of Zorro exclusively thru the Disney Movie Club. The difference between my discs and these is FOUR episodes !! -- the four one-hour "specials"
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

>>I bought 10 discs of Zorro exclusively thru the Disney Movie Club. The difference between my discs and these is FOUR episodes !! -- the four one-hour "specials"<<

Also - - The DMC versions were colorized where these will be in the original stellar black and white (and hopefully remastered too).
a-net-fan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by a-net-fan »

merlinjones wrote:>>I bought 10 discs of Zorro exclusively thru the Disney Movie Club. The difference between my discs and these is FOUR episodes !! -- the four one-hour "specials"<<

Also - - The DMC versions were colorized where these will be in the original stellar black and white (and hopefully remastered too).
Merlin is right Von Drake. Altho the Treasures set is bound to be the superior set of the two....they will be different in that way anyway. If you are a big Zorro fan maybe you wont mind having a colorized set AND the original black and white. (shrug) But if not there have been reports on here in the past of ppl getting great money for their DMC editions on Ebay so hurry up and try reselling before the word gets out about the new treasures sets. After that the re sale value will fall. Good luck!!
Mayhem
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Mayhem »

I've bought every single Treasure tin up till this point. I haven't decided yet if I will buy these. Make of that what you will...
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

Professor Von Drake, I sold my colorized DMC exclusives as a "complete season 1 and 2" lot on eBay. Both were used and I got $120 for them, which is more than the new sets are going to cost, so I actually made money off of this. If I were you, I'd put your DMC discs up for sale A.S.A.P... unless you are a big enough fan to want both the colorized and black & white versions.
a-net-fan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by a-net-fan »

In anticipation of the release of the Complete Series of ZORRO in the Disney Treasures Collection, I though it would be cool to share some vintage memorabilia from the series. If you have any Zorro Memorabilia please share it with us to see and discuss while we wait for the release date....(which feels too far away). :(

This is a Zorro comic book featuring Guy Williams and Annette Funicello on the cover. The edition pictured is a rare Australian version. There was a US version released which featured the same cover art.

Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

So I randomly checked Disney's page for the Zorro Treasures, and they listed the special features!

Zorro: Season One

"Out of the night, when the full moon is bright, comes the horseman known as Zorro." Debuting October 10, 1957, Walt Disney's thrilling series about the masked avenger was so successful, it made Zorro a household name -- and quashed every series that went up against it.

Filled with action, adventure and suspense, this volume presents the first season's 39 episodes (all newly restored and remastered) in their original black-and-white format. To enrich your experience of Disney's unforgettable classic, this six-disc set also includes ZORRO: EL BANDIDO and ZORRO: ADIOS EL CUCHILLO, the rarely seen two-part, one-hour specials shown on Disney's anthology series, WALT DISNEY PRESENTS. Then discover the many faces of Zorro from his literary beginnings through the creation of the Disney TV series. Featuring exclusive introductions by film historian Leonard Maltin, this is a timeless collection from generations past for generations to come.

Original Release Date:11/3/09
Studio: Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment
Categories: Action/Adventure
Approximate Run Time: 1,121 minutes
MPAA: Not Rated. Bonus material not rated.

DVD BONUS FEATURES:

* Zorro: El Bandido -- Part 1
* Zorro: Adios El Cuchillo -- Part 2
* Excerpt From "The Fourth Anniversary Show"
* "The Life And Legend Of Zorro"

DVD TECHNICAL SPECS:
Video

* Aspect Ratio:
1.33:1
* Description Modifier:
DVD
* Color:
Black & White

Audio

* Sound:
Digitally Mastered

Zorro: Season Two

With his sword, whip and trusty steed Tornado, Zorro continued to fight the forces of evil in the second season of Walt Disney's legendary classic. The final 39 swashbuckling episodes saw even more children dressing up as the "sly fox" -- Zorro in Spanish -- and making the sign of the "Z."

The second season aired from October 9, 1958, through July 2, 1959, and is presented here -- newly restored and remastered in its original black-and-white format. To add even more thrills to this six-disc set, we've included two rarely seen one-hour specials shown on Walt Disney's anthology series WALT DISNEY PRESENTS -- ZORRO: THE POSTPONED WEDDING and ZORRO: AULD ACQUAINTANCE. You'll meet Guy Williams in a profile of the actor who became an overnight star in the role he was "born to play." And you'll meet his stunt double, Buddy Van Horn. Featuring exclusive introductions by film historian Leonard Maltin, this is a timeless collection from generations past for generations to come.

Original Release Date:11/3/09
Studio: Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment
Categories: Action/Adventure
Approximate Run Time: 1,113 minutes
MPAA: Not Rated. Bonus Material Not Rated

DVD BONUS FEATURES:

* Zorro: The Postponed Wedding
* Zorro: Auld Acquantance
* "Behind The Mask"
* A Trip To The Archives

DVD TECHNICAL SPECS:
Video

* Aspect Ratio:
1.33:1
* Description Modifier:
DVD
* Color:
Black & White

Audio

* Sound:
Digitally Mastered

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Rudy Matt
Special Edition

Post by Rudy Matt »

Drool....this is amazing. My family loved the horrible-looking colorized season 1, they are going to go ga-ga over this set.
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

I don't think Disney has released the number of copies they are printing yet, but I thought I should let you all know that this was heavily advertised at the D23 Expo. There was a full color add in the guide book that everyone received on their way in and they had a display set up in the Home Entertainment pavilion, so that may have caused more buzz than is usual for the Treasures and might make these harder to get.

Also, each set comes with a pin.
geniuswalt
Gold Classic Collection

Post by geniuswalt »

To see the Zorro treasures ad on the official D23 expo guide
go to this link

http://posthis.posterous.com/my-first-blog-post-13722
Last edited by geniuswalt on Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darby
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Darby »

albert:

Thanks for the update on the specs for both sets! I've pre-ordered both of them from Amazon and now my anticipation level is kicking into high gear!

Darby
a-net-fan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by a-net-fan »

THANK YOU ESCAPAY!!! This is really going to be a great DVD Set! Its really hard to believe that we are getting such a wealth of entertainment this wave at such a reasonable price. I cant wait for this release.

THANK YOU GOOFYSTITCH....for the info on the company promoting this set at the D23 convention. Just the other day I was wondering about that and thought it was surprising with the release of the complete ZORRO series they didnt include something in the Archive display from Zorro to help promote the release. The Archives bonus feature answers why they didnt do that. So glad to hear that it was heavily promoted tho! :D
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

a-net-fan wrote:THANK YOU ESCAPAY!!!THANK YOU GOOFYSTITCH....for the info on the company promoting this set at the D23 convention. Just the other day I was wondering about that and thought it was surprising with the release of the complete ZORRO series they didnt include something in the Archive display from Zorro to help promote the release. The Archives bonus feature answers why they didnt do that. So glad to hear that it was heavily promoted tho! :D
Actually, they had the full Guy Williams costume and sword on display in the Treasures of the Archives exhibit at the Expo as well.
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Thanks for the update Scaps, I can't wait to get my hands on these!
a-net-fan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by a-net-fan »

goofystitch wrote:
a-net-fan wrote:THANK YOU ESCAPAY!!!THANK YOU GOOFYSTITCH....for the info on the company promoting this set at the D23 convention. Just the other day I was wondering about that and thought it was surprising with the release of the complete ZORRO series they didnt include something in the Archive display from Zorro to help promote the release. The Archives bonus feature answers why they didnt do that. So glad to hear that it was heavily promoted tho! :D
Actually, they had the full Guy Williams costume and sword on display in the Treasures of the Archives exhibit at the Expo as well.
NO KIDDING....

Zorro has a very large following and I thought for sure if the Cape and sword were at the Convention pictures would be all over the place. Thanks for the info and correction. :)
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

a-net-fan wrote:NO KIDDING....

Zorro has a very large following and I thought for sure if the Cape and sword were at the Convention pictures would be all over the place. Thanks for the info and correction. :)
They didn't allow "flash pictures" in the Archives exhibit, which a lot of people thought meant "no pictures" which is probably why. I didn't even bring a camera since many events didn't allow them, but I bet one will pop up somewhere.