"Enchanted" on Blu-ray - The D Files

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Cordy_Biddle
Anniversary Edition

"Enchanted" on Blu-ray - The D Files

Post by Cordy_Biddle »

I just played "The D Files" feature on the ENCHANTED Blu-ray disc the other night. I must say it was a fun way to watch the movie all over again, and I found some of the behind-the-scenes footage enjoyable.

The clips from CINDERELLA looked absolutely stunning IMO; and all I can say is that Disney will only have to do minimal restoration on this title when it's finally readied for BD. I assume these clips are High Definition upgrades from the previous Platinum edition?
I'm just valentine candy and boxing-gloves!

My DVD Collection :
http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

It's a fun feature.

To the questions: yes, no, and yes.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

When they do restorations they already master them in high def, to avoid having to go back to them again later. the platinum editions are just downscaled versions of the eventual blu ray releases.
Cordy_Biddle
Anniversary Edition

Post by Cordy_Biddle »

Thanks for clearing that up! :)

My DVD Collection :
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

That's actually the way it's been for a while. HD has been around almost 20 years. I wouldn't go as far as to say they wouldn't need to be redone. Who knows what improvements are in store for us? I mean, there's still room for a few of them.
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

I agree that the Cinderella clips were absolutely breathtaking on there (and in the Sleeping Beauty bonus materials, as well). Even The Little Mermaid, which I thought looked a tad soft on DVD, seemed pretty impressive in HD. All of this does make me wonder whether the BD releases of these films will just use the HD masters done for the DVD releases, or if they'll be remastered.

I ask this because The Wizard of Oz was given an extensive Ultra-Resolution restoration back in 2005 for its Collector's Edition DVD release. For the Blu-ray that's coming out next month, WB went back and remastered it on an even higher scale (going from 2K to 4K). I don't know if any additional restoration work was done, but if the original negatives were scanned at 2K resolution and digitally cleaned up, I would assume that to achieve a 4K resolution, you'd have to rescan the negative and digitally clean it up all over again. If that's the case, the BD transfers may differ from the current DVD ones.

Just look at Pinocchio. Lowry gave that an extensive 2K restoration in 2002, but they went back and re-did it (in 2K again?) for the 2009 release. It definitely gives you food for thought.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Well its true theres no garantee they wont remaster them again for their blu ray releases, I think it depends on how long ago it was done. But they do restore movies in HD. if they think they can do better they might re scan it. I'd say the ones that require the most fixing (like bambi) were probably done the best way the first time around.
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

Relive the color restoration debates in glorious high definition! :p
ImageImageImageImage

goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Post by goofystitch »

I played The D-Files when I first got Enchanted on Blu-Ray, but I missed a few questions, therefore I missed some of the features and didn't unlock all of the videos at the end. I thought I would post the correct answers on here as a guide for anybody who missed some questions and wanted to go back and retry it.

1.) Aladdin
2.) All of the above
3.) Snow White
4.) Sleeping Beauty
5.) Snow White
6.) Cinderella
7.) Snow White
8.) Snow White
9.) Sleeping Beauty
10.) None of the above
11.) Snow White
12.) Cinderella
13.) Cinderella
14.) All of the above
15.) Snow White
16.) Mary Poppins
17.) The Little Mermaid
18.) Snow White
19.) All of the above
20.) The Little Mermaid
21.) Cinderella
22.) Beauty and the Beast
23.) Lady and the Tramp
24.) Sleeping Beauty
25.) Beauty and the Beast
26.) All of the above
27.) Cinderella
28.) Cinderella
29.) All of the above
30.) Snow White
31.) Beauty and the Beast
32.) Cinderella
33.) Snow White
34.) Snow White
35.) Cinderella
36.) Cinderella
37.) Aurora
38.) Snow White
39.) Sleeping Beauty
40.) The Sword in the Stone
41.) Mulan
42.) All of the above
43.) Cinderella
44.) All of the above
45.) The Little Mermaid
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

I found the use of "Grumpy"(I forget his name) as being very clever. Considering this was authored before 1.1 profile became mandated, it's also impressive the branching that was used when he actually came up on-screen from time to time. I also was amazed at how good each animated clip looked in HD. I'll be searching for a cheap upgrade for this one!
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Amazon has some major bargains on this title. Used for under $10, or some new copies for just over $10.
Cordy_Biddle
Anniversary Edition

Post by Cordy_Biddle »

Some of the questions are a bit tricky. I went in thinking I'd ace the score because I'm such a Disney Princess geek, but I missed four or five of the questions.

Why didn't they point out Judy Kuhn (the singing voice of Pocahontas) during her cameo bit as the pregnant lady? They spotlighted Paige O'Hara, Jodi Benson, Ilene Woods and Mary Costa. Why no love for Judy? :(

My DVD Collection :
Vermin Friends
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Vermin Friends »

Cordy_Biddle wrote:Some of the questions are a bit tricky. I went in thinking I'd ace the score because I'm such a Disney Princess geek, but I missed four or five of the questions.

Why didn't they point out Judy Kuhn (the singing voice of Pocahontas) during her cameo bit as the pregnant lady? They spotlighted Paige O'Hara, Jodi Benson, Ilene Woods and Mary Costa. Why no love for Judy? :(
Umm... Ilene Woods and Mary Costa weren't in Enchanted... :S
Check out some of my other work @ my Deviant Art profile
Cordy_Biddle
Anniversary Edition

Post by Cordy_Biddle »

Cordy_Biddle wrote:
Some of the questions are a bit tricky. I went in thinking I'd ace the score because I'm such a Disney Princess geek, but I missed four or five of the questions.

Why didn't they point out Judy Kuhn (the singing voice of Pocahontas) during her cameo bit as the pregnant lady? They spotlighted Paige O'Hara, Jodi Benson, Ilene Woods and Mary Costa. Why no love for Judy?

Ms Costa and Ms Woods were featured extras in the Renaissance Ball scene. :)

My DVD Collection :
Vermin Friends
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Vermin Friends »

Cordy_Biddle wrote:
Cordy_Biddle wrote:

Why didn't they point out Judy Kuhn (the singing voice of Pocahontas) during her cameo bit as the pregnant lady? They spotlighted Paige O'Hara, Jodi Benson, Ilene Woods and Mary Costa. Why no love for Judy?

Ms Costa and Ms Woods were featured extras in the Renaissance Ball scene. :)
You mean the two ladies who were commenting about "the show"? Hate to be stubborn and rude, but do you have proof? Was it stated on the D-Files? :shock:
Cordy_Biddle
Anniversary Edition

Post by Cordy_Biddle »

Uh...yeah... :)

My DVD Collection :
Vermin Friends
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Vermin Friends »

Cordy_Biddle wrote:Uh...yeah... :)
:o Okay, so why was there no press release or anything, and why weren't they listed in the closing credits of the movie with Jodi, Paige & Judy?

I feel really horrible now because someone told me that it was them in my video and I totally blew them off. :S

Are you sure? I would REALLY think that they would've mentioned this somewhere..
Cordy_Biddle
Anniversary Edition

Post by Cordy_Biddle »

Well, they are pointed out in the D Files. Though I must say they are very heavily costumed and look nothing like their usual selves. I think it was really cool that Disney took the time to honour their original Cinderella and Princess Aurora; though I agree, their appearance wasn't very well publicised.

My DVD Collection :
Vermin Friends
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Vermin Friends »

Cordy_Biddle wrote:Well, they are pointed out in the D Files. Though I must say they are very heavily costumed and look nothing like their usual selves. I think it was really cool that Disney took the time to honour their original Cinderella and Princess Aurora; though I agree, their appearance wasn't very well publicised.
Agreed, and agreed- I've been obsessed with Enchanted for almost a year before it came out, and several months after it even came out on DVD, and I've never heard of them being in Enchanted. If anything, I think that they should've been more pointed out than all three of the other actresses (love all three of them, but in all honesty); this is BIG...

On the other hand, I always wished they had been in it, and I guess now I got my wish! lol I still can't believe it though. (also, was it just me, or would it have been wise to include Lea Salogna? It would be like hitting two birds with one stone, especially since they barely even touched on Aladdin or Mulan)

Well thanks for helping me out & being so patient with me during my time of disbelief, Cordy Biddle lol I really appreciate it :)

I feel like I've been lied to my whole life... :shock:
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

The two commenting ladies were Helen Stenborg and Anita Keal, not Ilene Woods or Mary Costa.

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?