Disney Digital 3D. Your experiences.

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
CampbellzSoup
Anniversary Edition

Disney Digital 3D. Your experiences.

Post by CampbellzSoup »

How is it guys?

With UP coming out this Friday, I def want to see it in Disney Digital if I can. Have you guys been positive to the expierence or was it eh...
ChrisLyne
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ChrisLyne »

I really enjoyed it with Bolt.

It wasn't what I expected. I was expecting stuff coming out at me (like Muppets 3D at the parks) but instead it seemed to add depth to the picture. It was a really nice effect.

I can't wait to see Beauty and the Beast next year. Though I am worried about it's release in the UK. BV has made the stupid decision to release Princess and the Frog in February rather than December (their most important animated film in about a decade and they can't push for a worldwide release? CRAZY!) but that's Beaty's release date in the US, so when will the UK get it?!?!
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

ChrisLyne wrote:I really enjoyed it with Bolt.

It wasn't what I expected. I was expecting stuff coming out at me (like Muppets 3D at the parks) but instead it seemed to add depth to the picture. It was a really nice effect.
I agree. I did, however, end up with a bad headache afterwards, though. It's an interesting experience... but I don't see it staying.
Jack Skellington
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jack Skellington »

Bolt blew me away in 3D. I didnt get any headaches at all coz they give you dark glasses (polarised glasses) and not the nerve-wrecking red and blue ones.

I can't wait to see Up in 3D too (It's my third Digital 3D movie after Coraline), I hope you enjoy it Mike. :)
MadasaHatter
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MadasaHatter »

I saw it when they 3D-ified The Nightmare Before Christmas. Except for the quick openening they had created (new) with the jack in the box, it wasn't all that impressive. Then again it wasn't origonally intended for 3D - so maybe it just didn't translate well. Although you think it would. Anyway - I'm excited for Beauty and the Beast in 3D. I'm sure the technology has advanced since NBC and I'm sure Disney has gotten better at weilding this "magic wand". :lol:
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

I have not yet had any experience with Disney Digital 3D, but I did see Coraline in Digital 3D and it was pretty good in that format.
BrandonH
Special Edition

Post by BrandonH »

My best Disney 3D experience was with Chicken Little. I was completely immersed in that movie in the theater in a way that the DVD and other 3D features have not been able to match. Meet the Robinsons and Bolt were fine in 3D, but I don't think they were worth paying the premium for. I plan to watch Up in the standard version first, and I will see it again in 3D if word of mouth is positive.
"Mustard? Don't let's be silly!"
--Mad Hatter, Alice in Wonderland

My DVDs
drfsupercenter
Anniversary Edition

Post by drfsupercenter »

Isn't "Digital 3D" just the same thing as polarized?

I've seen plenty of IMAX 3D movies that used polarized lenses... but of course Disney sticks their logo on something and renames it. I have yet to see an actual "Disney Digital 3D" release, but I'll probably wait for the DVD of Up as it doesn't look all that interesting to me.

At least it's not those god-awful red/blue 3D glasses.

Howard Ashman:
He gave a mermaid her voice, a beast his soul, and Arabs something to complain about
Arabian Nights (Unedited)
Savages (Uncensored)
If it ain't OTV, it ain't worth anything!
mrfivefingers

Post by mrfivefingers »

drfsupercenter wrote:Isn't "Digital 3D" just the same thing as polarized?
Yep the 3D part is polarised the only difference between this and older imax 3D is that Imax uses two projectors running film prints and Digital 3D is just one projector showing digital which helps combat the double layering effect (where you see two images on screen instead of just one 3d one)
Puppetry, Animation and More!
www.frankie-productions.com
SimbaLovesNala

Post by SimbaLovesNala »

I have only seen Chicken Little and Meet the Robinsons, which I didn't like at all. I am going to watch Bolt soon, I hope it is better.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

My first DD3D experience was in Bolt, and I loved it. :D

Looking forward to the 3D release of UP, as is my brother! ;)
drfsupercenter
Anniversary Edition

Post by drfsupercenter »

Yep the 3D part is polarised the only difference between this and older imax 3D is that Imax uses two projectors running film prints and Digital 3D is just one projector showing digital which helps combat the double layering effect (where you see two images on screen instead of just one 3d one)
Hmm...

I know with polarized 3D (the non-digital kind), if you take the glasses off it just looks blurry... How does this Disney digital 3D look? I'd have to imagine it would be the same thing, but I could be wrong.

Howard Ashman:
He gave a mermaid her voice, a beast his soul, and Arabs something to complain about
Arabian Nights (Unedited)
Savages (Uncensored)
If it ain't OTV, it ain't worth anything!
CampbellzSoup
Anniversary Edition

Post by CampbellzSoup »

I'm going to bump this topic UP har har