Today is The Perfect Date!

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Today is The Perfect Date!

Post by Escapay »

According to Miss United States 2000, Cheryl Frasier, April 25 is the perfect date.

Stan Fields: Describe your perfect date.

Cheryl Frasier: That's a tough one. I'd have to say April 25th...because it's not too hot, not too cold. All you need is a light jacket.

Grace Hart: Now, there is a hardened criminal.

In addition, the other perfect date is someone who takes you to a romantic dinner, then you walk along the beach barefoot discussing books and music and movies. :P

I don't know about anyone else, but here in SoJo, today really is the perfect date. It's not too hot and not too cold, as it's a sunny and cloudless 75 degrees, and reaching as high as 88 by late-afternoon. No chance of rain, which is a welcome change. And all I really do need is a light jacket! God, I love this kind of weather.

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

I knew what you meant just from reading the title.

I LOVE Miss Congeniality! :D

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

xxhplinkxx wrote:I LOVE Miss Congeniality! :D
I do too.
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

Today is actually really nice here. It's like 80 degrees, which is fun, and I think I might go out for a lovely jaunt down the avenue.

On the other hand, it's reminding me of why I hate hot temperatures. I woke up this morning, and I was like "Oh, man, I have to put a shirt on? It's too hot for this sort of thing" and at least I have shorts, but I want something breezier... bah.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
buffalobill
Anniversary Edition

Post by buffalobill »

Lazario wrote:
xxhplinkxx wrote:I LOVE Miss Congeniality! :D
I do too.
As do I. The sequel was ok but the original is one of my favorites.
15 gallon 7 pint blood donor as of 1-4-11. Done donating. Apparently having Cancer makes you kind of ineligible to donate.
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

SpringHeelJack wrote:Today is actually really nice here. It's like 80 degrees, which is fun, and I think I might go out for a lovely jaunt down the avenue.
It's 90 over here. It has literally gone from yesterday being a beautiful, PERFECT 60 to today's pure humidity and nasty haze. It's freaking disgusting. I'm sweating in my lower half and my face is burning up like I have a fever. It's April and already I miss December.

SpringHeelJack wrote:On the other hand, it's reminding me of why I hate hot temperatures. I woke up this morning, and I was like "Oh, man, I have to put a shirt on? It's too hot for this sort of thing" and at least I have shorts, but I want something breezier... bah.
I woke up this morning with all the windows closed. At 11:15, I was freezing and walking down a hallway chattering my teeth. At 2:00, I turned on the fan. Every past 40 minutes, the temperature has risen by 10 degrees!
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Today's rather crummy here. It rained this morning, and it's still quite cloudy.

Yesterday was nice, though.
Loomis
Signature Collection
Location: Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Post by Loomis »

It wasn't so perfect in 1915. In Australia, we marked April 25th as ANZAC Day, when thousands of troops died on the Turkish front during the First World War.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anzac_day

Of course, that was yesterday for me :-)
Behind the Panels - Comic book news, reviews and podcast
The Reel Bits - All things film
Twitter - Follow me on Twitter
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

Oh wow, sorry, Loomis.

I guess ANZAC Day is like our Veteran's Day?

albert
WIST #60:

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

Yeah, sorry to hear that, Loomis.

And now it seems that 94 years later, another horrible thing has happened. :cry:

I don't think I like this date anymore. :(

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

Today is much better on the weather front. The forecast said it would be hotter. It's a breezy 76 aboutz here, low to no humidity at all. Perfect weather.
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

Why are you Americans still in the stone age of thermometry and using stuffy Fahrenheit? Convert to Celsius, today! (batteries not included) :P

And Laz, I expected that "Yes Sir, I Can Boogie" link in your siggy to take me to the Baccara song of the same name. :headshake: tsk tsk ... Link it quick! Or do "Sorry I'm a Lady" instead - I like that one better. :wink:
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Today is not much better than yesterday;still wet.
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

I like a little rain. Although...rain around here in the summer is lethal (I mean, causes intense frustrations). If it rains and there's thunder from May to July, you have a guaranteed 90-minute power out at least.

Julian Carter wrote:And Laz, I expected that "Yes Sir, I Can Boogie" link in your siggy to take me to the Baccara song of the same name. :headshake: tsk tsk ... Link it quick! Or do "Sorry I'm a Lady" instead - I like that one better. :wink:
Goldfrapp outdoes all of them, everytime. It's like Aces versus Kings, Aces always win. And Goldfrapp is Aces. Everyone else? Kings. At best. :D
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

Lazario wrote:
SpringHeelJack wrote:Today is actually really nice here. It's like 80 degrees, which is fun, and I think I might go out for a lovely jaunt down the avenue.
It's 90 over here. It has literally gone from yesterday being a beautiful, PERFECT 60 to today's pure humidity and nasty haze. It's freaking disgusting. I'm sweating in my lower half and my face is burning up like I have a fever. It's April and already I miss December.
Okay, the novelty is wearing off today. I woke up melting, then came downstairs with it breezy but muggy. Now I hiding in my room in the darkness. It's a conundrum, because I keep the blinds closed with the windows open to keep the light out, but it also cuts down on my breeze. Plus if I open the shades, I have to put on pants, which makes me in turn hotter, and pretty much nullifies any effect of that.

Four more months of this?
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
Elladorine
Diamond Edition

Post by Elladorine »

Hmm . . . looks like I missed the perfect date . . .

Maybe I need to go to the beach. :p
drfsupercenter
Anniversary Edition

Post by drfsupercenter »

I was at Animal Kingdom on 4/25... It was like 85 degrees out... not so perfect in Florida :P

Howard Ashman:
He gave a mermaid her voice, a beast his soul, and Arabs something to complain about
Arabian Nights (Unedited)
Savages (Uncensored)
If it ain't OTV, it ain't worth anything!
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

drfsupercenter wrote:I was at Animal Kingdom on 4/25... It was like 85 degrees out... not so perfect in Florida :P
Errm.... I think Amy was too. o_0

I love Siren!
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

drf wrote:I was at Animal Kingdom on 4/25... It was like 85 degrees out... not so perfect in Florida :P
A mere 85 is Heaven compared to Florida's weather in the summer. :P

albert
WIST #60:

WIST #61:
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

SpringHeelJack wrote:Okay, the novelty is wearing off today.
Oh I know. I would only be able to put up with 3 days like Saturday before I started whining.

SpringHeelJack wrote:I woke up melting, then came downstairs with it breezy but muggy. Now I hiding in my room in the darkness. It's a conundrum, because I keep the blinds closed with the windows open to keep the light out, but it also cuts down on my breeze. Plus if I open the shades, I have to put on pants, which makes me in turn hotter, and pretty much nullifies any effect of that.

Four more months of this?
'Round my way, it usually gets much cooler in August. Rather than when I was in school, I remember some of hottest days around '98-2000 were in the first week of September. Last year, temperature-wise was pretty good. My first year with a dang air-conditioner and I only turned it on maybe 12 times total, on 6 days that entire year.