Frog Princess found & renamed!

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
nomad2010
Special Edition

Post by nomad2010 »

SpringHeelJack wrote:...it's not THAT bad. It's not that different from what's already been released, is it?
the word frog is like 3 times larger than it was before. it looks like cereal brand logo-ing.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

didnt the movie get bumped up to a thanksgiving release? why does the teaser site still say Dec 11th?

as for the new logo, eh I wouldn't mind it if they could just slim down the "frog" a bit more. its too bold. a happy balance between the old and current would be better I think.

its still probably not finalised though, so could probably change.
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

The teaser site says Dec 11 because that's what it is. It's bump was from Dec 25. I have yet to hear of any Thanksgiving release.
Vermin Friends
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Vermin Friends »

Hmm... I actually like the new logo in some ways more than the old one. The new logo adds more contrast between "Princess" and "Frog", emphasizing the fact that they're very different; "Princess" looks skinny and elegant, while "Frog" is thick and lumpy.

It'll take some getting used to, but I still think it looks fine.

By the way, shouldn't this have a new thread already? I thought the limit was 60 pages?
Check out some of my other work @ my Deviant Art profile
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

SPOILERS WHITENED OUT!

I like it, a lot. Princess is slim and elegant, like the world Naveen comes from, and Frog, is bold, and primitive, the world Naveen enters when he becomes a frog. It's the primitiveness of the swamp that changes Naveen for the better. I'm pieceing together a lot of vague plot details, admittidly, but that's what I think.
yukitora
Special Edition

Post by yukitora »

The new title looks childish. I rather liked the old one. Atleast they de-golded the logo (i remember people complaining about how all the recent/future logos were gold).

But it's just a title logo. Disney changes them all the time. Especially on dvd covers.
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

yukitora wrote:The new title looks childish. I rather liked the old one. Atleast they de-golded the logo (i remember people complaining about how all the recent/future logos were gold).
I agree with half of that. I liked it just the way it was before.

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!
kbehm29
Anniversary Edition

Post by kbehm29 »

I strongly dislike it. It was great before. Now it looks less professional.
I hope they get rid of it.
Disneyland Trips: 1983, 1992, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016, Aug 2018
Walt Disney World Trips: 1999, 2007, 2011, 2014, 2016, ~Dec 2018~, ~Apr 2019~
Favorite Disney Movies: Peter Pan, 101 Dalmatians, Tangled, The Princess and the Frog, Enchanted, FROZEN
totallyminnie86
Gold Classic Collection

Post by totallyminnie86 »

Uh, sorry.. I agree, its rather tacky. The bulkiness of the word 'frog' looks kinda like they screwed it up in MS paint :lol: I don't know. I think the other one looked far more elegant.
Linguini
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Linguini »

it's ok, but definitely not their best work. The Frog looks a bit too bulky. I think they have done a better job with the way they handled the contrast in "beauty and the beast".
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Not much new from the last production update, but still...

http://blueskydisney.blogspot.com/2009/ ... tiara.html

I heard from a couple Bothans in that big, Hat Building...

His Waltness, John Lasseter has really taken to what he's seeing come together on "The Princess and the Frog" and production is at full pace. The crew is busy burning the midnight oil six days a week. The animators are tired, but proud of this little gem. About a fifth of the film is still being worked on with the rest of it primarily finished. Most everyone seems to be happy with what they see as a return to classic, hand drawn Disney animation. Stunningly beautiful animation and a well told story to match... nice to not have Suits chiming in with their brilliant thoughts, just so they can claim accolades for it's success or pretend it wasn't their fault if it was a failure. But I digress, sorry. They say the trailer that's supposed to be in front of "Up" is an eye catcher. It's going to evoke those images of what it was like to go to a Disney film in the early 90's.
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

nomad2010 wrote:
SpringHeelJack wrote:...it's not THAT bad. It's not that different from what's already been released, is it?
the word frog is like 3 times larger than it was before. it looks like cereal brand logo-ing.
Yes. So I repeat- "It's not that different from what's already been released, is it?" It's not like the whole thing was changed, the thickness of one word was. How will I sleep tonight?
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

SpringHeelJack wrote:How will I sleep tonight?
I know the answer to that question. :wink:
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

Oh, baby...

...for those of you wondering, the correct answer is in my boyfriend's room, next to him, under a blue comforter, in underwear, while watching our complete "The West Wing" series box-set on DVD. Thanks for playing, everyone.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

SpringHeelJack wrote:Oh, baby...

...for those of you wondering, the correct answer is in my boyfriend's room, next to him, under a blue comforter, in underwear, while watching our complete "The West Wing" series box-set on DVD. Thanks for playing, everyone.
WHAT? You mean you're not spending the night with me in the tent in my backyard roasting marshmellows, telling spooky stories and reading comics? Some friend you are!
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

:shock:

D'OH!

Okay... let's see if this can work...

In the tent, with a blue comforter, telling spooky stories about the Republicans on "The West Wing", eating marshmallows in underwear.
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

SpringHeelJack wrote::shock:

D'OH!

Okay... let's see if this can work...

In the tent, with a blue comforter, telling spooky stories about the Republicans on "The West Wing", eating marshmallows in underwear.
:lol: Sounds like fun to me!
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

The way you put it makes it seem like you've really got something to hide under that underwear, Brendan!

Just pullin' yer leg. :P
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

:lol:
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

Wow, I stop posting for a couple of days and we have a new detail to complain about?

I don't hate the new logo, but it does lack subtlety. I understand what they were trying to do, though. I think they were trying to do something like the logo to "Beauty and the Beast", but frog does appear too distracting.
ImageImageImageImage