Walt Disney Treasures Wave IX Discussion

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
DL-Craze

Post by DL-Craze »

Don't we usually find out something that's going on with upcoming treasures set by mid febuary? That's usually how it used to go down. I guess they probably wont make another.
My one and only love, DISNEY.
geniuswalt
Gold Classic Collection

Post by geniuswalt »

I was thinking the same. But with the economic slowdown and Disney refocusing its DVD business, I fear there won't be another Treasure wave.
:cry:

I surely hope I'm mistaken.
Heil Donald Duck
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Heil Donald Duck »

Disny have only them selfs to blam for there lose.
Der Fuehrer's Face is the greatest Donald Duck cartoon ever made.
The_Iceflash
Anniversary Edition

Post by The_Iceflash »

DL-Craze wrote:Don't we usually find out something that's going on with upcoming treasures set by mid febuary? That's usually how it used to go down. I guess they probably wont make another.
I'm crossing my fingers that we hear something any day/week now...

The anticipation is high..
jlppr
Gold Classic Collection

Post by jlppr »

i come here everyday to see if there's an update on the disney treasures.

all i really care about though are sets that include animated shorts. i'm really hoping they come out with a disney rarities volume 2 to include the remaining two goofy shorts plus the chip n dale shorts. i know some may want a chip n dale set but most of their shorts can be found in the pluto or donald sets anyway. i think there are only three on their own.

i would also like to see and alice comedies set, they were hard to watch but i did enjoy them and i would like to see more.
a-net-fan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by a-net-fan »

geniuswalt wrote:I was thinking the same. But with the economic slowdown and Disney refocusing its DVD business, I fear there won't be another Treasure wave.
:cry:

I surely hope I'm mistaken.
Yea Id be devistated if this were true. They said they wouldnt be releasing as many titles that go "directly to the bargain rack" or something like that. The Treasures fortunately do not fall under that AND they have already announced the release of Zorro...so I say our chances are still fairly good. I think we will be getting wave 9. (Think positive) :)
JUST ANOTHER 27 YEAR OLD DISNEY BUFF.....
merlinjones
Anniversary Edition

Post by merlinjones »

I think the Treasures qualify as an "event" release in the niche market. Unlike mere "catalog" titles, they get lots of press and keep the fans at bay.

Remember - - two of three titles were sold out in just two months this last wave.

And there is always the Movie Club exclusives to feed...
skippy
Gold Classic Collection

Post by skippy »

Someone other than me should bug Leonard, I'm forever bugging him.

He may throw us a boner.
Where's the rest of Elfego Baca and the Swamp Fox?
hoojib127

Post by hoojib127 »

All I want is the rest of the miscellaneous shorts (the 3 Chip 'n' Dales, "Susie the Little Blue Coupe," "Casey Bats Again," "The Small One," "John Henry," "The Little Match Girl," etc.). Hopefully there's enough to include on a second Rarities volume (they almost overloaded the first volume, IMO).

I also wouldn't object to a cleaned-up reissue of the first Silly Symphonies; this time with all the cartoons presented in chronological order and none that are only playable as Easter eggs (plus the original 'Jewish Peddler' version of "Three Little Pigs"...in the 'From the Vault' section, obviously).
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

skippy wrote:Someone other than me should bug Leonard, I'm forever bugging him.

He may throw us a boner.
I think we'd prefer it if he'd just throw us a bone! rotfl
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

Why they didn't release the Silly Symphonies in complete and chronological volumes is a mystery to me....Are there any SS that WEREN'T released in the WDT sets?
skippy
Gold Classic Collection

Post by skippy »

Maerj wrote:

He may throw us a boner.
I think we'd prefer it if he'd just throw us a bone! rotfl
Wow...I think I'd prefer a bone, too.

What was I thinking? Must have been exhausted.
Where's the rest of Elfego Baca and the Swamp Fox?
Darby
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Darby »

He may throw us a boner.
Well depending on the news from Leonard regarding Wave IX, it could be a boner he's throwing us! LOL!

Darby
R2-JD

Post by R2-JD »

Any news yet???

The old saying "No news is goods news" is not really working for me at the moment.

When are we going to hear what this year's wave is? (other than the one we already know)

Other than the ones I mentioned I would like to see in another post and all the ones others have mentioned, I was thinking about it again the other day and I would like to see whole complete seasons of the Wonderful World of Disney. If they all still exist.

JD
My Walt Disney Treasures Collection total: 21
My collection is complete until the next wave!
Lars Vermundsberget
Collector's Edition

Post by Lars Vermundsberget »

carolinakid wrote:Why they didn't release the Silly Symphonies in complete and chronological volumes is a mystery to me....Are there any SS that WEREN'T released in the WDT sets?
At the point they released the first set (2001) I guess they weren't sure there'd ever be a second set (and they took their while) - and I'd also guess several of the shorts were not ready for release at all. Chronological order would have been nice. However, what we got is still pretty great. And fortunately, those two Silly Symphonies sets combined are complete.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

He may throw us a boner.

:headshake: :

:shifty:

Amazing what adding one letter by mistake can do to a word....

Although I'd wouldn't want a bone or boner either.,... I would rather have Leonard go into the vault and give out WDT DVDs and autograph them and then sell them and all the profit would go to a charity such as Make a Wish Foundation or something :)
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
jlppr
Gold Classic Collection

Post by jlppr »

He may throw us a boner.

where can we go and ask leonard maltin about the future sets? i'm getting irritated and impatient with them keeping quiet. i really hope they release more especially for the remaining animated shorts
WilbyDaniels
Gold Classic Collection

treasures

Post by WilbyDaniels »

how do i get in touch with leonard?? i'll bug him!i can't stand the anticipation
Blackbird

Post by Blackbird »

ohmahaaha
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ohmahaaha »

You guys should probably just relax ... traditionally we have not found out much about the next wave of Treasures before May or June; last year was the exception in that they told us way early in the year. I expect that was due to the fact they wanted people to know the Treasures were going to continue considering they came so close to cancellation.

At least we already know about Zorro.