Disney Vinyl Records

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
The_Iceflash
Anniversary Edition

Disney Vinyl Records

Post by The_Iceflash »

Does anyone here collect Disney Vinyl Records? If so what do you collect and what's currently in your collection? What Disney records are on your "to buy" list?
Disney Guru
Platinum Edition

Post by Disney Guru »

Wouldn't call myself a collector.

But have the vinyl soundtracks of:

The One and Only Genuine Original Family Band
Summer Magic
JDCB1986
Gold Classic Collection

Post by JDCB1986 »

I have a ton of vinyl... But no Disney vinyl. Though I did see Lady & The Tramp, Pinocchio, Snow White and Bambi picture discs at the record store the other day... I thought of picking them up, just to have them, but decided against it. Maybe later.They also had the Cinderella storybook vinyl and a few others, all under $10 each.I'm not really sure what kind of value these hold... I'm assuming not much. They were all in excellent condition, but I have no idea how rare they are... If at all.
musicradio77
Anniversary Edition

Post by musicradio77 »

Me too, I have ton of them except cassettes and CD's.
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Post by slave2moonlight »

Used to have a ton of Disney Vinyl. We probably still have them somewhere, but I couldn't say anything for the condition. Played them a lot, they were mostly the kiddie book and record variety (though not all), and most ended up very roughed up (the sleeves and books I mean, though I'm sure the records got pretty scratched too). I LOVED them too much.
JaneMccoy
Gold Classic Collection
Location: the original jersey trilogy that resides in the land of philadelphia immigrants

Post by JaneMccoy »

We have a few vinyls:

Walt Disney presents: It's a Small World
Disney's Children Favorites Volume I, II, and III

The Disneyland Storybooks:
- Snow White
- Mary Poppins
- Pete's Dragon
- Peter Pan
- It's a Small World
- Robin Hood
- Brer Rabbit and the Tar Baby
- The Wizard of Oz (I'm guessing they got the license for it)

I don't know how we came to acquire them all, since most of them came out a good ten years before any of us were born. It's kind of funny b/c while all our friends and classmates listened to cassettes/CDs, we had a record player lol. But when we did jump on the CD bandwagon...our first CDs, naturally, were Disney.

Escapay and I also sometimes venture to different Tunes stores to look for old/used vinyls by our fave artists...we have yet to find any Disney ones
Deco King
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Deco King »

I'm a big Disney fan , and have many Storyteller LP's with their magnificent Picture Sleeves illustrated with beautiful 1960's Disney Art - great stuff I love them. Funny how each decade re-draws the Disney favourites adding or subtracting ( In My Humble Opinion !!! ) with the Disney Princesses Franchise style of Art - a new dimension to the style of each character!
To Make Doubly Sure Bring Back Her Heart In This!!
Voiceroy
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Voiceroy »

musicradio77 wrote:Me too, I have ton of them except cassettes and CD's.
Hey, what happened to your YouTube channel where you used to post your vinyl stuff? I tried checking there recently and it says all the clips have been removed by the user.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I used to have a Mary Poppins record, but my mom sold it years ago... :(

I do still have a 4-record vinyl set, the Magical Music of Walt Disney (this one: http://www.amazon.com/MAGICAL-MUSIC-WAL ... B001CM4YRU )and it has a great, informative book talking about some of the shorts and DACs and some of the semi-animated live-action films. I used to read that book often when I was younger. It's a really great set; I don't have a record player, and my dad had made me cassette tape copies of the records when I was younger, since I wasn't allowed to use the record player, but now I have most of the songs on my compuer.
littlefuzzy
Anniversary Edition

Post by littlefuzzy »

Musicradio's pictures in the Post a Photo of your Disney Collection thread made me want to pull out my old Disney records, to see what I have... Given the copyright dates, they were probably purchased for my older brothers, but I came along ~12 years later, and enjoyed them in my childhood as much or more than my brothers did.

Most of them are the Story and Music records with books, some of them with the Magic Mirror cover.

Story and Music:
101 Dalmatians - ST 3934 MO - ©1965
Alice in Wonderland - ST 3909 - ©1962 - Magic Mirror die-cut cover
Bambi - ST 3903 - ©1962 - Magic Mirror cover
Cinderella - ST 3908 - ©1962 - Magic Mirror cover
Dumbo - ST 3904 MO - ©1965
The Jungle Book - ST 3948 - ©1967
More Jungle Book - ST-3960 MO - ©1969
Mary Poppins - ST 3922 - ©1964
Mother Goose Rhymes - ST 3949 MO - ©1969
Peter & the Wolf (plus The Sorcerer's Apprentice) - ST 3926 MO - ©1969
Peter Pan - ST 3910 - ©1962 - Magic Mirror cover
Pinocchio - ST 3905 - ©1962 - Magic Mirror cover
Sleeping Beauty - ST 3911 MO - ©1958
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs - ST 3906 - ©1962 - Magic Mirror cover
Three Little Pigs - ST 3963 MO - ©1967
Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree - ST 3928 MO - ©1965

I also have some other "The Story of..." records that don't have a storybook attached:
The Absent Minded Professor - ST-1911 - ©19?? - light green or teal label
Robin Hood (live-action) - DQ-1249 - ©1964
Swiss Family Robinson - DQ-1280 - ©19?? - yellow label
Treasure Island - DQ-1251 - ©1964

Finally, I have 2 that are just collections of songs, and they say "Your Gulf Dealer is happy to make this Collector's Album available to you."
Happiest Songs - DL-3509 - ©1967
Merriest Songs - DL-3510 - ©1968
Class316
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Class316 »

musicradio77
Anniversary Edition

Post by musicradio77 »

littlefuzzy wrote:Musicradio's pictures in the Post a Photo of your Disney Collection thread made me want to pull out my old Disney records, to see what I have... Given the copyright dates, they were probably purchased for my older brothers, but I came along ~12 years later, and enjoyed them in my childhood as much or more than my brothers did.

Most of them are the Story and Music records with books, some of them with the Magic Mirror cover.

Story and Music:
101 Dalmatians - ST 3934 MO - ©1965
Alice in Wonderland - ST 3909 - ©1962 - Magic Mirror die-cut cover
Bambi - ST 3903 - ©1962 - Magic Mirror cover
Cinderella - ST 3908 - ©1962 - Magic Mirror cover
Dumbo - ST 3904 MO - ©1965
The Jungle Book - ST 3948 - ©1967
More Jungle Book - ST-3960 MO - ©1969
Mary Poppins - ST 3922 - ©1964
Mother Goose Rhymes - ST 3949 MO - ©1969
Peter & the Wolf (plus The Sorcerer's Apprentice) - ST 3926 MO - ©1969
Peter Pan - ST 3910 - ©1962 - Magic Mirror cover
Pinocchio - ST 3905 - ©1962 - Magic Mirror cover
Sleeping Beauty - ST 3911 MO - ©1958
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs - ST 3906 - ©1962 - Magic Mirror cover
Three Little Pigs - ST 3963 MO - ©1967
Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree - ST 3928 MO - ©1965

I also have some other "The Story of..." records that don't have a storybook attached:
The Absent Minded Professor - ST-1911 - ©19?? - light green or teal label
Robin Hood (live-action) - DQ-1249 - ©1964
Swiss Family Robinson - DQ-1280 - ©19?? - yellow label
Treasure Island - DQ-1251 - ©1964

Finally, I have 2 that are just collections of songs, and they say "Your Gulf Dealer is happy to make this Collector's Album available to you."
Happiest Songs - DL-3509 - ©1967
Merriest Songs - DL-3510 - ©1968
Thanks for the info! I have lots of Disney vinyl as well as cassettes. After listening to Disneyland albums, I listened to cassettes that I want to play, Dave a great forum dedicated to all things music like Halloween, children's and Christmas albums that are all out of print and even some rare Disneyland albums that you cannot find anywhere else. Here is a link to Dave's forum.

http://mostlyghostlymusicsharingblaaahhhggg.yuku.com

If you check out the "Children's Record and More" section, they got lots of Disneyland albums that are rare and they are out of print, most of them are available on iTunes as well as the read-along storybook albums on 7" 33 1/3 RPM, the same size as a 45 without the big hole in the center.
my chicken is infected
Anniversary Edition

Post by my chicken is infected »

I really only have three Disney records:
Walt Disney's Happiest Songs
Walt Disney's Merriest Songs
Mary Poppins (Original Cast Sound Track) (Stereo)

The first two were in such rough shape that when I had them digitized to CD, several tracks had to be replaced. Fortunately, I had everything that was damaged from other downloads. However, the Poppins one didn't skip or jump or warp at all, although I spent two hours removing as many pops as possible, and there's still a lot left in. (Not to mention static and tape noise I didn't remove so as not to ruin the audio.)
-Joey
bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Post by bradhig »

I have Disney's Cinderella with the round cover from 1958 I believe. It needs to be cleaned. It skips in places but plays all the way through. I have two magic mirror Cinderella's because the first one I bought the book inside was missing pages. Wasn't their a book that listed all the Disneyland Records?