Disney characters as DC and Marvel superheroes

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
MerXAN
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MerXAN »

Great work!
Siren
Platinum Edition

Post by Siren »

That is both one of the most original and most talented works of fanart I have seen. Excellent work! I love the concept!
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

These are really great -- good job!

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
memnv
Collector's Edition

Post by memnv »

Those are awesome, How bout some other charaters like Hulk, Capt America, Spiderman Flash
Dark Knight Rulez
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Thank you all very much!!! It really means a lot to me because this is the first time I shared my fanart with other people and it is very encouraging to hear you liked them :oops:

So, I came up with a new bunch - I used the same technique as before. I'm not very satisfied with these: I'm afraid I'm running out of creativity.

Phillip as Nightwing
- Phillip has such a great physique. There was no other reason for this other than he looked great in this costume:

Cinderella as Black Canary
- I kind of announced it in one of my previous posts, so here it is. The reason for this one was silly - they both wear black neck-bands :oops:

Hades as Lex Luthor

Frollo as The Joker

Maleficent as Ra's Al Ghul
"Ra's Al Ghul" is Arabic for "demon's head" and you can't get more demonhead-like than by having two huge horns on your head :D

Mad Hatter as Mad Hatter
- this one is kind of stupid, it didn't take much thought.

Milo as Spider-Man
- this is more like 'Milo as Peter Parker'. They both start out as geeks and become heroes.

Phoebus as Iron Man
- Phoebus wears that golden armor, that's what reminded me of Iron Man

Pocahontas as Elektra
- they have similar physique and long black hair. And they both wear outfit with only one shoulder strap :P.

John Smith as Daredevil
- John Smith is completely unrecognizable in this costume :D .
I chose this because it fits nicely with Pocahontas and Ratcliffe as Kingpin (see below), but the moment I finished it I remembered that scene during "Colors of the Wind", when the wind imprints that eagle pattern on John Smith's chest and I realized I should have switched John Smith's and Phillip's role (and Phillip does look better in red :D ). So I drew two additional drawings (JS as Nightwing and Phillip as Daredevil) but unfortunately the guy who scanned the drawings for me forgot to do it :( .

Ratcliffe (sans facial hair) as Kingpin

Cobra Bubbles as Nick Fury (Ultimate version)

Shang as Shang-Chi
- another one that didn't take much thought

Ursula as Dr. Octopus
- funny thing is that Ursula's already like Dr. Octopus - she has eight limbs (including her arms) - and I was afraid it would be an overkill if I gave her more than two mechanical arms. Now she's more of a Dr. Decapus :D

Clayton as Kraven the Hunter
- they're both ruthless hunters. Come to think of it, maybe Gaston would have been a better choice:?

I hope you like these too!
memnv wrote:How bout some other charaters like Hulk, Capt America, Spiderman Flash
I'll give it a try
:D
Last edited by Mooky on Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I am blown away by your talent, mooky!!!! Those are awesome!
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

More great drawings. Ursula as Doc Oc = awesome!

-Aaron
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
lord-of-sith
Collector's Edition

Post by lord-of-sith »

I love the new one's mooky! I was hoping you would put in some villain ones (especially Maleficent (go figure)) and you did! I love the Ursula and Maleficent one's especially, but they're all great!
Jeffel
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Jeffel »

The drawings are awesome. You just need to invest in something a bit better than felt tip pens. If you're that good at art then it's money well spent to buy some decent quality colouring pencils.
Siren
Platinum Edition

Post by Siren »

Oh kick ass!

Ursula was pure genius! So was Milo. And Clayton looks awesome! Frollo is just scarier then ever, lol

Do you plan on doing Nightcrawler and Harley Quinn? They are my favorite comic book characters. Tarzan might make a good Nightcrawler. Clopin would make a good Joker too. Also an idea for you...Jessica Rabbit as Poison Ivy :D
Jeffel
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Jeffel »

Jessica Rabbit as Poison Ivy... that's the best idea I've heard all day.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Malificant would be better as Morgan le Fey. An enemy of The Demon/ Jason Blood.

Morgan is like Malificant as they both are powerful sorceress.
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

Wow! I LOVE Ursula and Pocahontas! Fantastic job, as usual!
stewie15
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stewie15 »

Wow you continue to amaze me with these. There all so great. If you are going to do more may i suggest Lefou as the penguin. Mostly because of the similar heights.
Kram Nebuer
Anniversary Edition

Post by Kram Nebuer »

These are pretty awesome!!! It reminds of an old thread where we were discussing Disney characters as Superheroes...if I find it, I'll post the link.

Good job and I can't wait to see more!
<a href=http://kramnebuer.dvdaf.com/>My ºoº DVDs </a>
memnv
Collector's Edition

Post by memnv »

I love em

For Hulk you could do the Hunchback
Dark Knight Rulez
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition
Location: beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment

Post by Ariel'sprince »

Oh,those are great :D my favorite one was Aurora as Supergirl and Ursula as Doc Ock.
Can you make Giselle as Spider-Girl? or Invisible Woman? and Jack Skellington as the Human Torch?.
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Thank you all!

Ariel'sprince, I was thinking of including some of the characters from "Enchanted" next time. Now I kind of regret not having Edward as Cyclops because that would be pretty ironic :D.

Siren, I love the idea of Jessica Rabbit as Poison Ivy! I'll try to put it in the next group of drawings. I was thinking of Giselle as Poison Ivy but she's not a villain. Jessica, however, possesses some sort of evilness in herself, even if she is just drawn that way :)

And Jeffel, I wasn't thinking of getting anything better at the moment since drawing is just my hobby now and something I do to relax myself from the horrors of studying :( . But if I ever decide to advance my drawing skills, I'll definitely buy something better or tutor myself in Photoshop. :)
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition
Location: beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment

Post by Ariel'sprince »

mooky_7_sa wrote: Ariel'sprince, I was thinking of including some of the characters from "Enchanted" next time. Now I kind of regret not having Edward as Cyclops because that would be pretty ironic :D.
Oh,please do Giselle :D.
Edward as Cyclops whould be funny :lol:.
Who Snow White can be?.
Clayton is good as Kraven :D.
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

Snow White could have made a fairly good Catwoman.

Hmmm.. Hunchback as The Hulk. Maybe Giselle as Mary-Jane? Jane from Tarzan as Rachel Dawes. Giselle could also be Pepper Potts.