Disney Movie Club DVD Exclusives

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
ichabod
Diamond Edition

Post by ichabod »

goofystitch wrote:I just received my copy of "Little Dog Lost" and it comes with a Disney Movie Rewards slip for 100 points. It has the DMR logo in the bottom left hand corner of the cover, as well as the upper right of the back where it explains how to register your points. I think it's nice that they include them in the new DMR exclusives.
Care to elaborate? Is it the actual TV episode or featurettified?
gardener14
Special Edition

Post by gardener14 »

I opened my copy of "Stub: the Best Cowdog in the West," and I was pleasantly surprised to find it contains a Disney Movie Reward code. It doesn't have the logo on the box the way that "Little Dog Lost" does, so I wasn't expecting it. I love that Disney is including points with the club excusives. Can anyone confirm if "Polly" and "Polly Coming Home" have the codes?
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

gardener14 wrote:I opened my copy of "Stub: the Best Cowdog in the West," and I was pleasantly surprised to find it contains a Disney Movie Reward code. It doesn't have the logo on the box the way that "Little Dog Lost" does, so I wasn't expecting it. I love that Disney is including points with the club excusives. Can anyone confirm if "Polly" and "Polly Coming Home" have the codes?
I'm not a DMC member but the cover art of both 'Polly's have the DMR logo.
jjanchan

Interesting note....

Post by jjanchan »

It's worth noting that this DVD is eligible for Disney Movie Rewards points - it comes with a code worth 100 points!
disneyfella
Anniversary Edition

Post by disneyfella »

I just called the DMC, and the lady said that there were NO dmc exclusives on the schedule for release in the month of May.

I'm not sure if I trust her, because she was really rather rude (not typical for the DMC people) and seemed like she didn't want to check for me. I asked about the next exclusive title and she was all "Ummm....that would be Peter Pan....I mean Return to Neverland...or something". I was like, "Do you even know what a Disney movie is?"

Anyway, has anyone gotten their catalog for this month yet? Has anyone seen if there is a new DMC exclusive title?
"It's Kind Of Fun To Do The Impossible"
- Walt Disney

blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I haven't received my packet of the month in the mail yet, but the website doesn't show any new exclusives...
Rhindle The Red

Post by Rhindle The Red »

Three new exclusives:

The Boy Who Flew With Condors (1967 WWoD episode) - Leslie Nielsen (narrator)

The Legend of Lobo (1962)

Superdad (1973) - Bob Crane, Kurt Russell, Barbara Rush
jrboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by jrboy »

Rhindle The Red wrote:Three new exclusives:

Thanks for the heads up, I'm guessing these come out tomorrow
gardener14
Special Edition

Post by gardener14 »

Rhindle The Red wrote:Three new exclusives:

Superdad is one of my all time favorite Disney movies. The theme song is forever stuck in my memory as a beautiful 70's ballad. Thank you Disney so very much. I've been longing for Superdad and Legend of Lobo to be released for many years, and I'm curious to see The Boy Who Flew With Condors which is new to me.
DisneyPrincess
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DisneyPrincess »

Well I have to say I'm pleased with the 3 new releases. Now if they would just release Sammy the Way Out Seal and Child of Glass, oh and Parent Trap III and Parent Trap: Hawaiian Honeymoon, I'd be REALLLLY happy!
The Little Mermaid

Post by The Little Mermaid »

I love DMC exclusives. I was thrilled when disney released Polly and Polly Comin' Home starring Keshia Knight Pulliam and Phylicia Rashad! :D :minnie: :pink:
disneytodd

Post by disneytodd »

Also, if this title could be added to the list of exclusives, as this particular edition is exclusive.

National Treasure & National Treasure 2: 5-Disc Premium Pack (DMC item #: 5838903 for those interested)

PLEASE ADD THAT TITLE TO THE EXCLUSIVES LIST!
jrboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by jrboy »

gardener14
Special Edition

Post by gardener14 »

Amazon lists Treasure of Matecumbe and Shipwrecked as being fullscreen 1.33:1, but it lists Tall Tale as being widescreen 2.35:1. The DMC releases of each of these films are panned and scanned. How likely is the public release to be widescreen? I hoope it's true, but I'm not holding my breath.
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

Is there like a list on the aspect ratio of the exclusive films? :)
I do not want FOOLscreen. I always buy in WIDESCREEN. ;)
DisneyPrincess
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DisneyPrincess »

3 more good releases- Disney's on a roll!

Moon Pilot

So Dear To My Heart

The Monkey's Uncle

I ordered all three- I hope they are worth it! I've been waiting for So Dear To My Heart for a long time. Are they planning to release more of their classics as exclusives now? I'm surprised that Monkey's Uncle is an exclusive, since Misadventures of Merlin Jones was released to the public. I'm just glad they are finally releasing more classics.
gardener14
Special Edition

Post by gardener14 »

I'm as glad as everyone to have these latest three exclusives available, but I'm surprised there is so much more enthusiasm for them than there was for Superdad and Legend of Lobo. I have been waiting forever for a dvd release of Superdad...one of my favorite Disney films of that era. I'm so happy to have all these latest exclusives.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

gardener14 wrote:I'm as glad as everyone to have these latest three exclusives available, but I'm surprised there is so much more enthusiasm for them than there was for Superdad and Legend of Lobo.
Well, "So Dear To My Heart" has animation in it, so I think that that is one reason why everyone is so excited to have it on DVD.

I haven't bought any of the DMC Exclusives yet, even though I eventually would like to get them all...but these 3 new films I'm really excited about. I've been interested in Disney's Chimpanzee movies for years, but have never gotten around to buying them, and here's two that were just released! I feel that then I'd also have to buy "The Misadventures of Merlin Jones" and "Monkeys, Go Home!", but those are 2 titles that I really do want to get, and with Buy 1, Get the rest for 60% off for VIP members right now, I might as well!
RowMan

Post by RowMan »

Does anyone know if the Disney Exclusive of So Dear To My Heart contains the special features of the official foreign releases?
Nala
Anniversary Edition

Post by Nala »

DisneyPrincess wrote:3 more good releases- Disney's on a roll!

Moon Pilot

So Dear To My Heart

The Monkey's Uncle

I ordered all three- I hope they are worth it! I've been waiting for So Dear To My Heart for a long time. Are they planning to release more of their classics as exclusives now? I'm surprised that Monkey's Uncle is an exclusive, since Misadventures of Merlin Jones was released to the public. I'm just glad they are finally releasing more classics.
I just finished watching the 2 Polly movies and I loved them. I ordered "So Dear to My Heart and The Reluctant Dragon as my exclusives this month. I actually ordered 6 movies as after my first one, the rest of the movies were 60% off.
My Growing DVD Collection!

http://www.invelos.com/DVDCollection.aspx/Pocahontas

Disneyland Trips: 09/87, 12/08

Walt Disney World Trips: 09/08, 12/09, 06/11, 09/14

Knott's Berry Farm: 09/87, 12/08