Create your own PE DVD Cover art!

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

looks good ariel's prince, keep up the good work :D
When it comes to brains, I got the lion-share,
but when it comes to bruth strength, I'm afraid I'm at the shallow end of the gene pool
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition
Location: beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment

Post by Ariel'sprince »

REINIER-Wrong thread.
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

Here's Sing Me A Story With Belle Comepelete Series cover:
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

Ariel'sprince wrote:Thanks :D I"m really you like it :D.
Here's Sing Me A Story With Belle Comepelete Series cover:
Again loving it!!!!, look to the prevoius page, i've made some corrections in my post :lol:
but when it comes to bruth strength, I'm afraid I'm at the shallow end of the gene pool
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

Again loving it!!!
Look to page 27, I've made some corrections in my imagery :lol: :lol:
Hope you like my Little Mermaid!
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

REINIER wrote:Again loving it!!!
Look to page 27, I've made some corrections in my imagery :lol: :lol:
Hope you like my Little Mermaid!
I also loved your Ariel's Beginning cover :D it's very good :D.
MrIncredible
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MrIncredible »

Chernobog wrote:Another one:

That looks too real. Now where and/ or when can I buy that? Looks so cool (I've been wanting to pick this film up, but I'm holding out for a new DVD with at least an anamorphic transfer. A Platinum Edition, especially if it has a cover that's half as good as what you came up with, is very much deserved, wanted, and with any luck is in production right now.
Anne
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Anne »

This Hercules cover is PERFECT

That's how every Platinum should be!
SleepingBeautyAurora
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SleepingBeautyAurora »

My favorite part about Chernobog's Hercules Platinum Edition cover is how pretty Meg is pointing up at Hercules.
"From this slumber, You shall wake
When true love's kiss, the spell shall break."
gl2686

Post by gl2686 »

chernabog you should do a pinocchio plaitnum edition cover for fun:P
steve
Gold Classic Collection

Post by steve »

I started this cover AAAAGES ago, but with school exams, I wasn't able to finish it (hence the empty right-hand corner, originally meant for the gargoyles), and now I don't really want to, but there are parts of it I still like, which is why I'm posting it now. (I've been using the Esmeralda part as my avatar.) I kinda went into it without any proper planning, and now I don't really like the composition. Sorry Djali isn't finished! All the characters are off-model enough so as to be a believable Disney DVD cover. :P

Here are some W.I.P.s...
1. Image 2. Image

3. Image 4. Image

I drew all the characters, then finished them in Photoshop, the graphics were done in Photoshop, and the picture of Notre Dame is actually a screencap from the movie re-coloured orange. There was originally supposed to be confetti from the Feast of Fools on the cover too, as well as the gargoyles on the right hand side. When I have the time, I'd like to have another go at a Hunchback PE, seeing as Disney aren't bothered...

EDIT: Some of the tweaks to the character line-art (like Frollo's sleeve and Esmeralda's hair) were done in Photoshop after I did the original drawings - the book I was using for reference at the time is crap. The dagger from the book - which Frollo is holding here - looks nothing like the one in the movie! :lol:
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

Steve, you absolutly ROCK
:clap: :pink: :clap: :pink: :clap: :pink: :clap:

And :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

(think that cover's it for now!) :wink:
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

Wow,that's really pretty :D you"re very good :D.
It's even better then the Hunchback cover that was posted here.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Custom Coverart for Disney DVDs!

Post by Disney Duster »

STEVE...OMG...words can't really...well, it's amazing and really stupendous, not just in design but how you achieved it, but I think you know how awesome it is. Had it been finished, it would have been an almost perfect cover for the film.

That said, Esmeralda looks a little too off, but ah, well. In reality, she only really looks bad in the final Photoshopped version.

Anyway, I was wondering...I myself want to draw some covers. I could color them in colored-pencil and scan them, but I'd rather make them look as professional and the same way usual Disney DVD covers look, like yours. So...could we talk and maybe you think of coloring some covers I draw or you help teach me online how to do it myself? Not quite now, but I'm thinking of doing my first one real soon, and just let me know if you're interested and I'll give ya my E-mail.
Old Fish Tale
Anniversary Edition

Post by Old Fish Tale »

Magnificent!
Anne
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Anne »

Wow, I love your choice of colours! I wouldn't have thought of choosing these for this movie but :clap: the result is amazing!

This should really be a real cover art!
jennydumas
Gold Classic Collection

Post by jennydumas »

Holy crap, that is awesome!
Just like a river rushing straight into the sea.... I'm the one thing meant for you, and you for me
Disney Villain
Special Edition

Post by Disney Villain »

Steve that is one of the best non-Disney covers I've ever seen. You are very, very talented. Your drawings and Photoshop skills are amazing. Plus you have the vision to put it all together. It is simply amazing! Fantastic Job!! :clap: May I ask what effect you use in Photoshop to give your drawings that 3D clip art touch?

Now for the past few days I've been working on a Sleeping Beauty cover. It's nothing as wonderful as the hunchback cover, but hey, I made an attempt. I just want to credit the amazing Disney Duster for finding a certain piece of clip art!

The Cover:
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j66/M ... ercopy.jpg

I like the background and the top part of the cover; however, I hate the bottom portion. I cannot draw to save my life so I rely on clip art and things that already exist. Then I mesh everything in Photoshop. My vision for the bottom of the cover is to remove the dragon and get a new piece of Aurora/Phillip clipart that "transforms" on the bottom with the fairies magic. Once that's done I can remove my temporary logo and insert the correct one. Does anyone have a clearer version of this image:
http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j66/M ... UpArt-.jpg

It's from an insert in a UK DVD release. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
supertalies
Special Edition

Re: Custom Coverart for Disney DVDs!

Post by supertalies »

Disney Duster wrote:STEVE...OMG...words can't really...well, it's amazing and really stupendous, not just in design but how you achieved it, but I think you know how awesome it is. Had it been finished, it would have been an almost perfect cover for the film.

That said, Esmeralda looks a little too off, but ah, well. In reality, she only really looks bad in the final Photoshopped version.

Anyway, I was wondering...I myself want to draw some covers. I could color them in colored-pencil and scan them, but I'd rather make them look as professional and the same way usual Disney DVD covers look, like yours. So...could we talk and maybe you think of coloring some covers I draw or you help teach me online how to do it myself? Not quite now, but I'm thinking of doing my first one real soon, and just let me know if you're interested and I'll give ya my E-mail.
yes, I would love to know how you do it!
steve
Gold Classic Collection

Post by steve »

Thanks for everyone's kind comments! :) I'll be sure to get back to your questions Disney Duster, Disney Villain, and supertalies as soon as I have the time.