Dose any one think Ariel gets snubbed?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
amazon980
Gold Classic Collection

Dose any one think Ariel gets snubbed?

Post by amazon980 »

Although Ariel is 1 of the most popular princessess ive noticed she does not get every thing like the others do she is never on the disney princess logo or on any boxes of the toys unless it is her or its a group pic while i was online i noticed snow white cinderella sleeping beauty belle jasmine
have these extremley nice hourglass snowglobe but ariel did not get 1 why? i work at a disney store theres not whole bunch of her at the store
thank god her movie came out cuz thats the most ive ever seen of her the store The Disney Store has also has done new globes 4 every princess but her i msy be wrong but thats what uve noticed
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Uh-oh! You said the A word!
Jk

Sometimes there's a little disdain to TLM and Ariel fans.

P.S. If you can't tell by my name, I am one. :)

Back to the topic, if you had asked me this before the platinum came out, I would agree with you. But I have to say, I think Ariel merchandise is pretty plentiful right now. But I don't really buy the merchandise, although I've seen a lot of it since the platinum.
amazon980
Gold Classic Collection

Post by amazon980 »

do u think her merchandise will fade away when sleeping beauty comes out?
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Nah, I doubt it. I think Disney has finally realized how profitable Ariel and other TLM characters are.
Cordy_Biddle
Anniversary Edition

Post by Cordy_Biddle »

Nah, I doubt it. I think Disney has finally realized how profitable Ariel and other TLM characters are
Considering "The Little Mermaid" more or less resurrected the Disney animation department, I'm surprised they're not more aware of that fact.
I'm just valentine candy and boxing-gloves!

My DVD Collection :
http://classic-movieguy.dvdaf.com/
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Well, Ursula and Ariel both, I would think, bring in a lot of sales (I remember being at Disney world and buying nearly everything I saw with Ursula on it; yes, I was broke by the end of the trip). And Flounder makes a good plushie, considering he's pretty round-ish to begin with.
Listening to most often lately:
Abi Carter ~ "Part of Your World" (live)
Taylor Swift ~ "The Alchemy"
Taylor Swift ~ "The Prophecy"
Poody
Anniversary Edition

Post by Poody »

I agree, somewhat. When it comes to the princess merchandise, others like Cinderella and Belle are usually out there more.

But on the other hand, Ariel seems to stand more on her own. :D
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition
Location: beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment

Post by Ariel'sprince »

Well,i don't mind if there's no Ariel in some products since i love all the Princesses but still,anyway she's actually getting a lot of attention ever since her movie was released on a Platinum Edition (and it's a busy year for her-last year her film came on a Platinum Edition,this year she had a Broadway play in December and Ariel's Beginning is out in the summer and next year The Little Mermaid II will be re-released) and besdies-she's the only princess who's getting summer stuff,so i don't think Ariel si snabbed at all :D.
Billy Moon
Special Edition

Post by Billy Moon »

I have to say (no, I don't, but I want to because I'm bored) that I don't care for the Princess franchise at all. I think Sleeping Beauty and some others as well are great and really beautiful films, but the princess merchandice doesn't do any justice to them. It makes the characters look too pastel, sugary and sweet and pointless and little-girl-ish.

I guess the people who think the princess franchise is cool (no offence to them :)) are the ones that didn't get annoyed by the exaggeratedly sugary animated opening of Enchanted (like I did, but I'll live :))

There.
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Post by slave2moonlight »

Well, Disney just pushes certain characters at certain times. I've seen times when Ariel was everywhere. Right now, they're on the Enchanted kick, so they're pushing characters like Aurora and Cinderella that sorta look like Giselle, especially since Aurora just came out in Enchanted Tales not so long ago. Certainly, there were times in the past, that it seemed Aurora was being snubbed. They're also crazy for Tink right now because her movie is about to come out. Wait till Little Mermaid 3 comes out. Ariel is going to be everywhere, in the Disney Stores at least. Anyway, personally, my fave girls are Ariel and Tink, so I'm always happy when there's a lot of merchandise of one or the other, but I love all the Disney girls.
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

Cinderella is the franchise's icon and Aurora is now getting attention since the Enchanted Tales and her Platinum Edition next year,maybe Snow White will be the icon her get attention like Aurora when her film will be re-released.
Ariel is getting a lot of attention (since the Platinum Edition,the Broadway musical,Ariel's Beginning and Little Mermaid II re-release,she's also the only one who's getting summer stuff) and i also think she's replacing Belle right now (but Belle will get her spotlight back when the Beauty and the Beast PE will be re-relased).
I actually think Giselle didn't got any attention,the US at least got a few merchandise,i don't think anyone outside of the US even knew about this movie.
TinkerBell is also getting in the Fairies franchise (why they called it Disney Fairies and TinkerBell and Friends or something like the Pooh and Mickey's lines?).
I think that when Aladdin will be re-released Jasmine will get attention like Ariel and if Giselle might get a Platinum Edition of her movie or her film will be just re-released she"ll get attention like Ariel,too (maybe when the Enchanted sequel will be released and she"ll get a Broadway musical).
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Well, our Disney Store went Giselle crazy. Part of it anyway. Only problem is that all the stuff is targeted at little girls.
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

There were a lot of Giselle stuff?,at least you got something,we didn't got anything,not even the before The Fall book or the Simba Toys dolls,not even commercial,i wonder if anyone over here even heard about this film who isn't animation\Disney fan,what do you mean targeted for little girls? you mean dolls or things like talking hair brushs or make up sets?.
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Ariel'sprince wrote:There were a lot of Giselle stuff?,at least you got something,we didn't got anything,not even the before The Fall book or the Simba Toys dolls,not even commercial,i wonder if anyone over here even heard about this film who isn't animation\Disney fan,what do you mean targeted for little girls? you mean dolls or things like talking hair brushs or make up sets?.
Yeah, that's basically what I mean. Nothing more "adult" at the Disney Stores. Mostly kids stuff, and of the very "girly" variety. No statuettes or things of that nature. Of course, the store has gone more towards clothes and toys in the past few years since a kids' store company took it over (if my info is correct). Since I've been trying to weed out some of the stuff in my collection and make it slightly more "mature", there wasn't really anything for me to represent Enchanted in my bedroom. I ended up getting a poster at Wal-Mart, and even that was a bit too feminine for my tastes. The best things the Disney store has for older collectors are the Pip beanie and the Giselle plush (which comes in a medium and a large size). Might get those, or one or the other, at some point. I don't know. I guess right now I don't really have room for new statuettes anyway, but I really wanted something to represent Enchanted, because it was really great, and they made a pretty big deal of it here in the U.S.
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

slave2moonlight wrote:
Ariel'sprince wrote:There were a lot of Giselle stuff?,at least you got something,we didn't got anything,not even the before The Fall book or the Simba Toys dolls,not even commercial,i wonder if anyone over here even heard about this film who isn't animation\Disney fan,what do you mean targeted for little girls? you mean dolls or things like talking hair brushs or make up sets?.
Yeah, that's basically what I mean. Nothing more "adult" at the Disney Stores. Mostly kids stuff, and of the very "girly" variety. No statuettes or things of that nature. Of course, the store has gone more towards clothes and toys in the past few years since a kids' store company took it over (if my info is correct). Since I've been trying to weed out some of the stuff in my collection and make it slightly more "mature", there wasn't really anything for me to represent Enchanted in my bedroom. I ended up getting a poster at Wal-Mart, and even that was a bit too feminine for my tastes. The best things the Disney store has for older collectors are the Pip beanie and the Giselle plush (which comes in a medium and a large size). Might get those, or one or the other, at some point. I don't know. I guess right now I don't really have room for new statuettes anyway, but I really wanted something to represent Enchanted, because it was really great, and they made a pretty big deal of it here in the U.S.
Well,dolls are cute but talking hair brushs and little make up salons? :?.
I"m also collecting Disney stuff (espcially Disney Princess stuff :D),if you're looking for an Enchanted thingy,how about the Giselle plush? that's sounds cute :D.
I wish i could go to a Disney Store :D i also wanna buy things of Giselle,Aurora (i have a toy of her on a swing and a cell phone panel but i don't feel it's enough :? maybe i whould her Smarties if i"ll be in a Duty Free) and TinkerBell (yeah,i don't have a single thing of her).
Does Pocahontas and Mulan got something? :?.
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

I have the most stuff of Tink and Ariel, because they're my faves, my Disney dreamgirls. I REALLY dig Giselle too now though. However, I've collected tons of stuff over the years, so I'm trying to bring it down to only the high quality collectibles, and not too many of each character unless they are part of a neat set or all high quality. Trying to cut back on the toys, but that's mostly what I have, even a ton of beans/stuffed toys. Still get plush toys though, when they're super good and/or it's all I can find of the character. Like I said, I might get those from Enchanted. Haven't decided yet. If I find them on sale at any point, I'll definitely get them. The last things I bought were the talking figures of Remy and Emille from Ratatouille, and have declared them my Ratatouille representations, so I will probably never get anything else from that movie unless it is an extremely high-end collectible (like a snowglobe or something) or a book, the soundtrack, Blu-Ray, or wall decor, or something more of that nature. That's my new philosophy with collecting.
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

If i had a Disney Store i whould buy the Giselle doll :D.
It is not a good idea to buy too much things of one character,but you can buy something (for exmaple about Aurora i don't think that figue is enough,i need one more thing),you considre book and games and things for cell phone? then i have a Giselle things (i have Enchanted DS game and the film and soundtrack i found in,um,some ways).
Did you see any Pocahontas or Mulan stuff?.
If the Disney Fairies PEZs will be out over here i whould buy the Tink one.
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

I don't remember if they had any Pocahontas or Mulan stuff, but I'm sure they had fashion dolls at the very least. As for talking about having too much stuff of one character, I don't really include the CDs, games, or DVDs or stuff you use (like watches or things like that), I mean toys or decorative stuff. And, of course, I will probably always have a lot of stuff of characters that are particular faves of mine, like Ariel and Tink. For them, I will probably only get rid of the cheap stuff if anything at all.
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

At least they're getting something :D.
Ah okay :D.
It is good when it's favorite characters,i bought a Jasmine Jibbt for Crocs in the summer and now i"m thinking if was a good idea :? but i can switch them,isn't that creative? :D.