Future of Walt Disney Treasures line from Leonard Maltin

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
UncleEd
Banned

Post by UncleEd »

Destino will not be on it's own as a Treasure as it was a single disc release in the Legacy Series. Most likely the rest of the rarities will be paired with it.
Chernabog
Special Edition

Post by Chernabog »

UncleEd wrote:Destino will not be on it's own as a Treasure as it was a single disc release in the Legacy Series. Most likely the rest of the rarities will be paired with it.
Yes but remember that also last years OSWALD was a one disc in the Legacy plans! 8)
LindaMYoung
Limited Issue

Post by LindaMYoung »

slave2moonlight wrote:We seem to have had a different film in mind. I was thinking of the Clark Gable comedy "It Happened One Night." Haven't seen the MacMurray film. I'll have to add it to my "must watch" list.
The MacMurray/Stanwyck film is called Remember the Night.

Linda
LindaMYoung
Limited Issue

Post by LindaMYoung »

gkittler wrote:What else could we (I) want?

People and Places (Since Disneyland U.S.A is already out there are 15 left)
I'd love to see "People and Places"! I remember some of them showing up on the Mickey Mouse Club reruns of the 70s.

I'd also love to see sets of the animal features they did on World of Color. There could be a dogs set ("Little Dog Lost," "Greta the Misfit Greyhound," "Pablo and the Dancing Chihuahua," "Three on the Run," "Tale of the Two Gypsy Dogs," etc.), a horses set ("Tattooed Police Horse," "Stormy the Thoroughbred," "The Horse With the Flying Tail," "Run Appaloosa Run," etc.) and wild animals set ("Flash the Teenage Otter," "The Wahoo Bobcat," "Run, Light Buck, Run," "Joker the Amiable Ocelot," etc.).

The one Treasures series I really want:

GALLEGHER!!!!!
UncleEd
Banned

Post by UncleEd »

Yes, I know Oswald was a 1 disc set in the Legacy line too. However, unlike Oswald this is just 1, count it, 1 ten minute short. There is a feature length behind the scenes film too. That would barely fill 1 disc let alone 2. It makes the most sense to do a rarities 2 on disc 1 and put Destino on disc 2 if it is to be a Treasures set.
disneyfella
Anniversary Edition

Post by disneyfella »

I feel like if they were going to do a Rarities vol. 2, wouldn't there be enough content to fill 2 discs without the 1 disc devoted to Destino?

What all could they put on that Rarities vol. 2 disc?
"It's Kind Of Fun To Do The Impossible"
- Walt Disney

blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I'd like to see a Ludwig Von Drake set and/or an educational shorts set. As long as we finally get "Destino", though, I'll be super happy!
UncleEd
Banned

Post by UncleEd »

It's been gone over many times what could go on a rarities 2 so no need to rehash. The problem is Destino is never going to fill 2 discs so the alternative is to do a rarities 2 that has everything else and this. It's been said you'd need to tap the educational shorts to do a rarities 2 from scratch but if this were done you need not. The longest piece would be the Small One and as you get into the 80's the material left decreases. The other Fantasia 3 shorts could go on the 2nd disc with Destino and maybe the alternate endings of the Match Girl as well. The only other option is to save it all for a Fantasia box set 2.0
slave2moonlight
Diamond Edition

Post by slave2moonlight »

I really wouldn't want to see 2 discs devoted to Destino either. Would rather it be part of the Rarities. Perhaps they could include the new Goofy cartoon (from National Treasure) as well, and Runaway Brain with the dialogue in sync this time.

I also continue to hope for an '80's themed Treasures set for Fluppy Dogs, Totally Minnie, and other stuff, a Disney World themed set with Muppets at Walt Disney World and Mouseketeers at Walt Disney World, and anything that will get me Disneyland Showtime, the EPCOT program with Danny Kaye and Drew Barrymore, the Disneyland Anniversary with Ernest's and Woody's childhood flashbacks, and Mickey's 60th Birthday program which included new Roger Rabbit animation and Mickey hanging at Cheers and the Keatons' house.