Official Enchanted Thread-Part 2

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition
Location: beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment

Official Enchanted Thread-Part 2

Post by Ariel'sprince »

Keep talking about the film here :D.
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

The link of the first Enchanted thread:

http://www.ultimatedisney.com/forum/vie ... sc&start=0
Someday...
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Someday... »

oh good, I didnt want the last thread to die :shock:
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

More news on the Blu-ray, it will come out March 18th and have a SRP of $34.99.
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

Enchanted is still in the top 10 of the box office, making $4.15 million this weekend and bringing the total domestic gross to $98.4 million.
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Re: Official Enchanted Thread-Part 2

Post by Ariel'sprince »

I got the DS game 2 days ago :D (for my birthday-which is tommerow),i finished it and it's really (the first level with Giselle in Andalasia was the best).
I"ll see the film soon (i"ve been wating too much long).
akhenaten
Anniversary Edition

Post by akhenaten »

hmm enchanted is reaching 100 mark real slow.at this pace..it might end up with 107.not as much a bigger hit than robinsons.
do you still wait for me Dream Giver?
Ktrek
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Ktrek »

akhenaten wrote:hmm enchanted is reaching 100 mark real slow.at this pace..it might end up with 107.not as much a bigger hit than robinsons.
Box office numbers can no longer be a true indicator of whether a movie is a hit. There are so many ways that movie revenue continues to come in now. There are cable movie contracts, DVD rentals and sales, downloads, etc. etc. Unfortunately we will never know how much Enchanted actually will make. The fact is that the way people watch movies have seriously changed. Many younger people watch things online now, even if the quality is poor. Many families have large TVs and surround sound stereo systems like myself, and we prefer to wait for the DVD/HDDVD/Blu-Ray release so we can enjoy the film in the comfort of our homes. If a film makes the 100 mark these days it will certainly be profitable when you factor in all the other revenue producing sources.

Kevin
Poody
Anniversary Edition

Post by Poody »

I saw a new Christmas themed commercial for the movie this morning! It was quite cute.
akhenaten
Anniversary Edition

Post by akhenaten »

u think its available on yotube? whats it like
do you still wait for me Dream Giver?
Isidour
Diamond Edition

Post by Isidour »

I know that I'm somewhat late but I watch it last monday...
It was nice, I loved all the glimpses of oher disney films and the princess being so naive(spelling)
But most of all...the most stupid prince ever!
Poody
Anniversary Edition

Post by Poody »

akhenaten wrote:u think its available on yotube? whats it like
They digitally put in christmas trees, presents, etc. Like the birds are throwing presents into the bag instead of chinese food! :D
Nala
Anniversary Edition

Post by Nala »

Planning to go see it on New Year's Eve. It's nice to go see a movie on New Year's Eve. Did the same thing last year. Looking forward to it.
My Growing DVD Collection!

http://www.invelos.com/DVDCollection.aspx/Pocahontas

Disneyland Trips: 09/87, 12/08

Walt Disney World Trips: 09/08, 12/09, 06/11, 09/14

Knott's Berry Farm: 09/87, 12/08
Disney Live On
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Disney Live On »

:D I saw the first screening of Enchanted in Australia on Christmas Eve!
Best movie ever! I absolutely loved every minute of it. I went back and saw it on the 26th to! hehehe. I was so happy cause I got to see it twice in less then 48 hours. :D :D :D :D

I adored every aspect of this film. The animated opening had to be a favourite scene- especially her song and how she meets the Prince just moments before he proposes to her. The other scenes I adored were the ballroom scene with 'So Close' and the eating of the apple (yes both parts are in the same huge scene) but techniquely they are two seperate story points. Either way I loved this film. The best part was being able to connect with Giselle emotionally. Who hasn't felt feelings for someone they can't actually be with cause he or she is seeing someone else?

It was all terribly moving and a lot of fun. I can't wait to see it again! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Dogtanian
Limited Issue

Post by Dogtanian »

I haven't posted on here since July '04 :o

Enchanted has inspired me to :) The best movie I've seen in 2007 by far. Really glad I caught it at the cinema, it was magical. I'm going to see it again in a few days 8)

I'm a fully grown man, I'm not supposed to like these things :lol: but I've been telling everyone to see it :D I'm listening to the soundtrack just now.

Top stuff.

That's How You Know is the best song ever written :)
gumby17
Gold Classic Collection

Post by gumby17 »

ya know how in the original trailer as Giselle first arrives in NY there is a hip-hop song playing in the background? Can someone plese tell me the name of the song?! :roll:
Loomis
Signature Collection
Location: Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Post by Loomis »

I've just been Enchanted! In every sense of the word. What a sweet film! The thing that made it work completely was that it never got to "clever" about the references, but rather paid a loving homage to the fairy tales of old, while gently poking fun of them. The giant musical sequence in the middle of the film was truly inspired. Perhaps the only misstep was the use of a "modern" singer during the ballroom sequence, as it took me out of the picture for a moment, but otherwise it went exactly where you wanted it to. "Feel-good movie" is not a dirty phrase in this case :D
Behind the Panels - Comic book news, reviews and podcast
The Reel Bits - All things film
Twitter - Follow me on Twitter
BelleGirl
Anniversary Edition

Post by BelleGirl »

I saw "Enchanted" yesterday together with a friend. Hilarious, especially the squirrel Pip!
I wonder if I catched all the references to classic Disney movies. The references tho 'Snow white', 'Cinderella' and 'Sleeping Beauty'were obvious, but did you all catch the reference to "Lady and the Tramp"?
Truly a feel good movie, for it really has a fairy tale ending. Not for the cynics at heart! :)
Ariel'sprince
Platinum Edition

Post by Ariel'sprince »

At last,i"ve seen Enchanted :D.
(Spoiler worning):
This movie is wonderfull :D my favorite Disney film with The Little Mermaid,even better then what i expected (and i had very high expections).
Giselle is my favorite Disney Princess and Disney character,she's not flat at all,like some people on other website thought,about the anger-she does know what anger,maybe she didn't saw someone angry in an extreme way (like Robert) also i was happy to see her trying to kill Narrisa but i think that she should have attack her more,anyway i loved her the best animated in her pink dress,the animated begining was my favorite part and True Love's Kiss was my favorite song,it was like I Wonder and A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes but was also very like Belle's Reprise,Part Of Your World and Just Around The Riverbend.
Edward was so stupid and funny,he reminds me more of Gaston then Eric or Philip,i"m happy to see that Giselle married him beacouse it's againts those Shrek streotyps and that she'll merry him becouse "That's how it is in fairy tales",Robert actually reminds me of Eric.
Nancy was a good character,she's not a Disney Princess but she is good.
Narrisa was actually kinda annyoing,she is allright but still,The Queen from Snow White was better (her dragon form was ugly and the transformation was sucks and what's her point to keep princesses away from Edward? sooner or later she will have to give up on her throne and what's the point to kill Giselle if she dosn't love Edward anymore? (and she does know that Giselle dosn't love him)).
Pip was cuteir in Andalasia then in the real world,he also wasn't tourted.
Anyway,good movie :D.
Isidour
Diamond Edition

Post by Isidour »

BelleGirl wrote:I saw "Enchanted" yesterday together with a friend. Hilarious, especially the squirrel Pip!
I wonder if I catched all the references to classic Disney movies. The references tho 'Snow white', 'Cinderella' and 'Sleeping Beauty'were obvious, but did you all catch the reference to "Lady and the Tramp"?
Truly a feel good movie, for it really has a fairy tale ending. Not for the cynics at heart! :)
Bella notie(spelling) from lady and the tramp :D