Spice Girls Official Reuion- Cancelled DVD and Tour dates :(

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
Anthony
Special Edition

Post by Anthony »

Has anyone actually heard the new single "Headlines"? I've been looking for it and can't seem to find it anywhere.
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

Anthony wrote:Has anyone actually heard the new single "Headlines"? I've been looking for it and can't seem to find it anywhere.
No, but if you find it let me know!!

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

http://tommy2.net/content/index.php

Spice Girls’ Greatest Hits album will be available through pre-order only through Victoriassecret.com for ONE DAY. Victoria Secret stores will be the only retailers carrying the Spice Girls’ Greatest Hits album in a physical format. The only other way to buy the album will be through iTunes. The Spice Girls promotion coincides with their performance on the Victoria Secret fashion show, which airs Tues December 4, 10/9 Central. This will be the first Spice Girls performance since 2000 , and their first performance as a five-piece band since 1998! Ordering through Victoria Secret also gives you 3 downloadable bonus tracks, remixes of Wannabe, 2 Become 1 & Spice Up Your Life. All this for only $12.00. For two dollars extra, you get three bonus tracks, plus the physical copy of the CD. Use code FREESHIP to get free shipping too! PRESALE ENDS TOMORROW!

I'm really disappointed in this. I'm sure Amazon will eventually get it (through the Marketplace), but that'll probably cost more money. I don't understand why only one store, and not even a more store, will be selling the album. :( :x :evil: :twisted:
I still want it, so either I hope Santa Claus doesn't mind shopping at Victoria's Secret, or else I need to trek to the mall. :roll: I think that this will hurt sales.
Anthony
Special Edition

Post by Anthony »

blackcauldron85 wrote:I'm really disappointed in this. I'm sure Amazon will eventually get it (through the Marketplace), but that'll probably cost more money. I don't understand why only one store, and not even a more store, will be selling the album.
I still want it, so either I hope Santa Claus doesn't mind shopping at Victoria's Secret, or else I need to trek to the mall. I think that this will hurt sales.
Do the Spice Girls want a fan backlash or something?!? First they make it next to impossible to get any tickets for their world tour and now this!! This is a horrible marketing decision! The CD could have been a big seller over the holidays. I don't understand this.

As a gay grown man, I certainly don't see myself walking into a Victoria Secret to buy the CD. Nor do I see myself buying it off of ITunes. Oh well. No biggie.
blackcauldron85

I'm not embarrassed to go into Victoria's Secret, but Best Buy is more convenient to go to, and they can price the CD at whatever they want, since their only "competition" is iTunes (I don't have an iPod, and I don't use iTunes...).

I think that the Spice Girls are going to get their money, and that they don't care so much about the fans or the band. They're probably getting paid a lot of money.
blackcauldron85

http://tommy2.net/content/index.php

Also here’s the complete details of the upcoming Spice Girls Greatest Hits album. It will be released exclusively to Victoria’s Secret store (available online and in stores) on November 13th and will include 3 downloadable bonus remixes of Wannabe, 2 Become 1, and Spice Up Your Life. The nationwide release has been moved to January 15th and will be a deluxe cd/dvd edition with all of the Spice Girls’ promo music videos. There will also be a gift box version with the cd/dvd release plus a karaoke disc and a gift bracelet releasing the same day. Here’s the tracklist.

1. Wannabe
2. Say You’ll Be There
3. 2 Become 1
4. Mama
5. Who Do You Think You Are
6. Move Over
7. Spice Up Your Life
8. Too Much
9. Stop
10. Viva Forever
11. Let Love Lead The Way
12. Holler
13. Headlines (Friendship Never Ends)
14. Voodoo
15. Goodbye

They will also make their reunion television debut at this year’s Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show, airing December 4th at 10/9c on CBS.

So, if we don't want to go to Victoria's Secret or download the album on iTunes, we can just wait until January!
Special Edition

Post by 271286 »

Headlines (Friendship Never Ends) IS GREAT!
James
Anniversary Edition

Post by James »

Here's the official clip- http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=P7ikCYOFSe8
-James
James
Anniversary Edition

Post by James »

Ha, I watched it, isn't it friggin' hilarious how Geri and Victoria just suddenly appear like Pussycat Dolls with next to no clothes on? It's great, love the clip anyway, even though it's kind of uneven, how they favour those two, and don't really show many good shots of the other and the others don't appear in as many costumes. But great anyway, the song is growing on me.
-James
blackcauldron85

I like the song! Thanks for posting, James! The video wasn't working correctly halfway through, so I only watched the first half, but I really like it!
The Little Merman
Anniversary Edition

Post by The Little Merman »

Going to the first Boston concert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D
Special Edition

Post by 271286 »

The Spice Girls' new single Headlines (Friendship Never Ends) is #18 at the UK iTunes Single hitlist only 24 hours after it was released!! :wink:
blackcauldron85

The Little Merman wrote:Going to the first Boston concert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D
:o :o :o Oooh, I'm jealous! I'm from MA, so I wonder if I would've been able to go if I lived there....have a FABULOUS time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Simba3
Collector's Edition

Post by Simba3 »

I'll definitely be picking up the Spice Girls: Greatest Hits CD from Victoria's Secret. A friend of mine works there so it won't be hard for me to get a copy, and at a discount too. I would rather have a physical copy than just purchasing it from iTunes.
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

Gotta admit I'm dissapointed with this "comeback song". Why take the sappy pop ballad route? Where's the zigazig ha? The girls were always better at the energetic dance tracks. Ah well...
The Little Merman
Anniversary Edition

Post by The Little Merman »

I'm loving "Voodoo". It's so cheesy and fun--classic Spice.
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

Im going to Vegas to see them!!!!! i already have tickets! lol im so excited! 3 more weeks!
Simba3
Collector's Edition

Post by Simba3 »

I picked up my copy of their Greatest Hits CD today. I'm so glad to have this CD, I really like Voodoo, it's a fun song - VERY Spice Girls.
Signature courtesy of blackcauldron85!!
jeremy88
Anniversary Edition

Post by jeremy88 »

So...I thought I'd bring this nice thread up.

The Spice Girls were on the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show last night, and they did a great performance. I was surprised they sang the song Stop. I would have thought they would sing a new song or another older one like Wannabe or 2 Become 1. In any case, even though they liped synced they did a good show.

Anyone else catch the show?? Or just the Spice Girls?? lol

disclaimer: Before anyone says "ew, why would I want to waste my time watching overly thin girls walking around in underwear who show a bad representation of what woman should look like blah blah blah??" I think you can look at the show as nothing but fashion, at least thats one my friend who happens to be a girl said and she's aspiring to be a Fashion Designer (we watched the show together last night..and actually critiqued the campy over done underwear...) but hey, the pretty girls are a plus too though.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

Supposedly the first concert here in BC (Vancouver) was good. I'm still wondering why they picked us, to start their tour. Even The Police started their reunion tour in Vancouver, as well as rehearsing there.

Avril Lavigne was in the audience as well at the first Spice Girls concert. She put on a free concert earlier in the day as part of grand opening ceremonies of a new Best Buy in Burnaby. So if any of you were there, maybe she sat beside you in disguise.