Disney DVD Musical Videos & Songs

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Ric-Mx
Gold Classic Collection

Disney DVD Musical Videos & Songs

Post by Ric-Mx »

Hello everyone!

Health reasons made me stay indoors this weekend and so I checked a lot of additional materias of my Disney DVD's:

We all know that music is a very important element of the "Disney Magic" I came to notice that most platinum and special editions get new versions of the original OST releases:

"Someday my Prince Will Come" performed by Barbra Streisand
"Beauty and the Beast" performed by Jump 5
"The Circle of Life" performed by the Disney Channel Stars
"Once Upon another Dream" performed by No Secrets

And in some cases we also got the original videos (also in GC Releases):

"Beauty and the Beast" performed by Celine Dion
"Can You Feel the Love Tonight" performed by Elton John
"Reflection" performed by Christina Aguilera
"True to Your Heart" performed by 98°
"No importa la distancia" performed by Ricky Martin
"Can't help falling in love" performed by A*Teens
"Muero de Amor por tí / Can't help falling in love" performed by Bandana (included in Lilo and Stitch R4 release)

Plus more songs on the sequels like Cinderella II

My favorites are (considering just the ones released on DVD):

1 - Someday My prince Will Come by Barbra Streisand (I just love this one)
2 - Muero de Amor por Ti by Bandana (this is just fun and very nice, Bandana is a widely succesful group of girls from Argentina that shoot to stardon in the POP STARS reality show)
3 - Can U Feel the Love Tonight by Elton John (this was going to be my number 2, but the arrangments of the radio version, which is the one on this video are not as nice as the includen during the movie, even some lyrics change, althogh is a Masterpiece)
4 - Once Upon Another Dream by No Secrets (Althoug disliked at first, I grow to like it as much as Bandana's work on Lilo and Stitch)
5 - Reflection by Christina Aguilera (Well, this is just good)

The ones that shoudln't have been done:

1 - Circle of Life by Disney Channel Stars
2 - Beauty and the Beat by Jump 5

I hope Platinum Aladdin will get "A Whole New World" original video and not another "Disney Stars"... I'd rather see another chessy Pop grouplike No Secrets or Bandana perform the "new version"...

** Which are your picks? **

Which other videos/artist include the other Animated Classic releases?

Maybe "Animated Classics Songs" can be our next countdown...
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

I wasn't that big a fan of The Lion King, but I loved their music. I don't see how they thought it would sound better with Raven and everyone else.

I loved the Jump 5 version of Beauty and the Beast. Reminds me of Sugar, Sugar by The Archies. No idea why. I have yet to hear the Once Upon A Dream by No Secrets, but if it's as bad as my brother said, I think I'll spare my eardrums the pain.

Escapay
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Mushu2083
Special Edition

Post by Mushu2083 »

I liked the Jump 5 version of Beauty and the Beast. I found the No Secrets version of Once Upon a Dream to be quite irritating. I didn't like it at all. I thought they ruined a classic Disney song.
Dragon, not lizard. I don't do that tongue thing.

Lilo: I'm not touching you!
Stitch: TOUCHING ME!
Disney Guru
Platinum Edition

DVD Releases

Post by Disney Guru »

It looks very magnificent and totally awesome. I am so excited for it. It ameazes me what they come up with.
"I have this tremendous energy. I just loved and love life. I love it today. I never want to die."
~Jayne Meadows Allen~
Ric-Mx
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Ric-Mx »

Well:

The song is called "Once Upon Another Dream" by No Secrets IT'S A DIFFERENT SONG, it has other rithym and its own lyrics. The only whing that shares with "Once Upon a Dream" (the original) it's the chorus lines, and still gets a different feeling. Besides, is a very childish & simple traditional pop song, nothing wrong with that.

Instead, "Beauty and the Beast" by Jump 5 and "Circle of Life" by Disney Channel Stars are a remake from the original.

Jump 5 got the job done with their version... but the Disney Channel Stars, including Hilary Duff, make their version of "Circle of Life" meaningless and without any grace. (Just my thoughts)
michelle
Gold Classic Collection

Post by michelle »

With the Lilo and Stitch release in Region 3/6, there was also a mandarin version of 'Can't Help Falling in Love' by F4 which was 'less dance-y' than the A*Teens version.
D o w n . t h e . r a b b i t . h o l e . . .

W h e r e . d o e s . i t . g o ?