Your Favorite Type Of Cereal!

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Your Fav. Cereal

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Mason_Ireton wrote:That kinda sounded mean, I had to take a feeding tube when I was a baby due to health probs. I could still eat food but depending how much I ate dinner, I would take/not take the pump machine. I had surgery last year cause I made a successful progress of improving my neurologic or anatomic disorders (I.E esophageal atresia, tracheoesophageal fistula) Again I'm alil offended by the comment cause I had a feeding tube for 18 years.

Strawberry Mini Wheats is quite good but not as good as the orignal F.M.W gald we have something in common *chuckles*

Write back please

sign Mason
Wow- I was born with tracheoesophageal fistula- I had surgery when I was a baby, but I still have my scar! You're the second person I've ever "met" who had that! What a small world.

As for cereals, it's not my favorite food, and I like most. I really like granola, Honey Nut Cheerios, and oatmeal.
Mason_Ireton
Banned

Re: Favorite Cereals

Post by Mason_Ireton »

Disney Duster wrote:Oh, Mason_Ireton I think Queen Rahel just thought it was only for a little while. Anyway, I'm glad you can eat things and taste them in your mouth, because you weren't able to taste things with a feeding tube, am I correct? I love eating but now I realize I can't take it for granted.

I could still eat when I had the feeding tube, it's just that whenever I had a big dinner or gone on vaction I wouldn't get the machine. Thanks for understanding where I'm coming from Disney Duster.

Queenrahel wrote:dear mason....i wasnt trying to offend you i meant eating normal again...whats wrong with that....i said i was sorry to hear that, and yes, i did not know it was for so long....gosh, i know the internet is deceiving with words, and it was a heartfelt sorry to hear that, but i guess thats not how you took it.....oops......glad youre feeling better is more along the lines of what i meant

It's alright QueenRahel, I kinda speed read what you wrote, but thanks for apoloizging to me, the internet can be deceiving with words, I won't hold it against you. The tube was like a baby to me since I had it for 18 years, so I took very hard when I had the surgery. Now I can enjoy the things I do with more feeling (Track, Musicals, etc) Again thank you for apoloizging QueenRahel, really appericate it.

Write back please

sign Mason
Last edited by Mason_Ireton on Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mason_Ireton
Banned

Re: Your Fav. Cereal

Post by Mason_Ireton »

blackcauldron85 wrote: Wow- I was born with tracheoesophageal fistula- I had surgery when I was a baby, but I still have my scar! You're the second person I've ever "met" who had that! What a small world..

I still have the scar from the day they inserted the feeding tube, that's intresting you went thru the same surgery as me BlackCauldron, you're also the 2nd person I've "met" who had a tracheoseophageal fistula.

Thanks for the support you guys, didn't mean to off track everyone, but we got'ta be more opened minded to life's greatest wonders, right?

Write back please

sign Mason
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

2099net wrote:
Choco Bear wrote:i like hunny B's :D and trix and frosrted flakes and capn crunch and rice krispies and pancakes :D
Doesn't Capn Crunch look like Pa Grape?
Well if yu are talking about Veggie Tales' Pa, I dunno....
Cap'n Crunch
Pa Grape
I guess that with his pirate hat Pa may look like the Cap'n but other wise I would not see it.
Anthony
Special Edition

Post by Anthony »

Golden Grahams and Special K with strawberries!!
memnv
Collector's Edition

Post by memnv »

my favs are
Capn Crucnch
and
Peanut Butter Crunch
Dark Knight Rulez
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Luke wrote:I love cereal - right now I'm big on Corn Pops, Kix, and Honey Nut Oats (Quaker's answer to Honey Nut Cheerios). :lol:

Seriously, cereal is like the greatest thing ever. I recommend at least 4 bowls a day. :)
Hmm...so that's what I was like nearly four years ago. I should post a follow-up on July 15, 2007 to commemorate the anniversary. Interesting how some of my tastes have changed, but most have not. Mainly, my horizons have been expanded. There are at least half a dozen cereals I ought to give props to in my update. I still try to get 4 bowls or more when I can. Cereal = goooood.

For a good time, fans of cereal can check out these YouTube results when they've got some time to spare.
Disney Duster

Favorite Cereals

Post by Disney Duster »

Disneykid wrote:Cookie Crisp
I can't believe I forgot that one! Thanks! I also love the double chocolate version. I'll update my list! I actually only recently got introduced to this wonderful food. My friend's mom bought them for her, but she didn't want them. So I took them from her house and experienced the wonder for myself.

You know, they say eating after 9:00 is bad. You don't digest it as well, and you don't burn enough calories before you go to sleep and it's a great way to gain weight. But cereal at night before 9:00 is A-okay. Oh, I just realized I eat a lot of my desserts after 11:00. Huh.
Last edited by Disney Duster on Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tsom
Anniversary Edition

Post by tsom »

Disney Duster wrote: You know, they say eating after 9:00 is bad. You don't digest it as well, and you don't burn enough calories before you go to sleep and it's a great way to gain weight. But cereal at night before 9:00 is A-okay. Oh, I just realized I eat a lot of my deserts after 11:00. Huh.
You too? I thought I was the only one who ate after 9:00. I sometimes eat around 11, 12, or even 1 a.m. I don't believe that crap about not burning calories & all that. Food is one of my favorite things, and I never gain weight. I think I have a high metabolism or something. I've always been skinny since birth, and I never seem to look like I gain weight. In fact, I just had a big chocolate cake about 3 hours ago. Yumm..

Anyway, as for my favorite cereal, it's got to be Frosted Flakes. I never eat it in the mornings, only at night.
memnv
Collector's Edition

Post by memnv »

Iwent out for dinner last night 10,did not eat till 10:30, on the weekends when I dont have the kids I eat late
Dark Knight Rulez
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

tsom wrote:You too?
Yea, wow, another thing we are alike in! I bet I have a high metabolism, and until maybe a year ago I never seemed to gain wait. But, now I get some belly fat if I don't watch it. Usually it's just because I ate a lot, and it goes away, but still. I heard that teenage boys in general tend to be able to eat a lot and not get fat, though. We're "growing boys" and we need it. Yes, we need our unhealthy food!

Frosted flakes are cool, but I prefer the Honey Crunch Frosted Flakes. Hey, you know what? I think I'm gonna have a bowl of Life cereal after 11:30...I was debating whether or not to, and now I just have to after being in here.
Zoltack
Collector's Edition

Post by Zoltack »

Count Chocula - when there's nothing else in the house to eat... Count Chocula.
Lil' Pixie
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Lil' Pixie »

Definitely Cinnamon Toast Crunch...I even got my husband addicted! It's just so sugary and horrible for you, you just have to love it! :D
DisneyFanatic
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DisneyFanatic »

My favorites are:
--Honey Nut Cheerios (it had great commercials when I was little in the 80's)
--Grape Nuts...it is sooo good when you add a lot of sugar and then microwave it for like 30 seconds.
--AlphaBits when I was a kid. And I always wanted to try Circus Fun cereal it had awesome cool commercials with claymation animals.

oh yeah if anyone watches Family Guy did anyone else think it was hilarious when Captian Crunch wanted Count Chocula killed for spreading lies..."My cereal does not cut the roof of your mouth" :lol:
Yeah Disney!!!
Prudence
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prudence »

JiminyCrick91 wrote:
2099net wrote: Doesn't Capn Crunch look like Pa Grape?
Well if yu are talking about Veggie Tales' Pa, I dunno....
Cap'n Crunch
Pa Grape
I guess that with his pirate hat Pa may look like the Cap'n but other wise I would not see it.
"We are the pirates who don't do anything..."

-shot for off-topic-

He does!
That's hot.
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Re: Your Favorite Type Of Cereal!

Post by thedisneyspirit »

Cocoa Puffs- outside the USA we sorta eat it branded as a "Nesquick" cereal (which many people laugh since the resemblance to bunny poop was uncanny)
Rice Krispies and similars- outside the US, we eat them as Choco Krispies, which are these rice based cereal coated in chocolate
Special K, yogurt flavored
Lucky Charms- Unhealthy but those marshmallows are addictive
Cheerios
Chocapic- Another one I don't think they sell in the USA, but it's like chocolate chips (as in chip-formed cereal coated in chocolate)
Fruit Loops- I haven't eaten one in years
Trix- same
CapN Crunch
I remember there was a time when I was obsessed with Golden Graham and I think Corn Pops and those type of cereals...But nowadays I wouldn't eat a bite out of them.
Oh, and the Crunch cereal wasn't too bad either.

The one I've always wanted to eat but never saw them selling anywhere was the Flintstones fruit based cereal and the Horror Monsters cereal. I was also intrigued by Cookie Crisp, but people have told me that it's the same as eating mini Chips Avoy, so whatever...
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

thedisneyspirit wrote:
The one I've always wanted to eat but never saw them selling anywhere was the Flintstones fruit based cereal and the Horror Monsters cereal.
You haven't had Fruity Pebbles!? :( That's one of my favorites! I hope yoy get to try it!
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I haven't ate most of these cereals before (CapN Crunch, Lucky Charms, Trix, etc.). Lucky Charms always looked disgusting to me. :lol:

My favorites are Rice Crispies or Fruit Loops. Besides those, I'll alternate with Cheerios and Corn Flakes; I just add sugar to the bowl if I want Honey Nut Cheerios or Frosty Flakes.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

Lol, this is a bit of a bump... :lol: Anyway, on topic. If I eat breakfast cereal, I tend to eat the healthier sorts which don't have much if any sugar. Mostly now, I eat corn flakes with some added raisins and almonds (sort of like a makeshift muesli), or a bowl of porridge. I might also have Raisin Wheats, Weetabix or Shreddies (three British cereals), and as a treat, I love a bit of granola. :P

Other favourite cereals that I like but don't eat because they're so unhealthy (mostly British varieties but I'm sure you can go on Google and find what they're called in the USA):
Coco Pops
Curiously Cinnamon
Golden Grahams
Crunchy Nut
Nesquik cereal
Chocos (sort of like chocolate and cinnamon flakes, had them in France - really nice!)
DVDBuff1
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DVDBuff1 »

Life
Cheerios
Apple Jacks