Your favourite male villain

Polls and games that do not call for discussion.

Who is your favourite Male Disney Villain?

The Big Bad Wolf
3%
Stromboli
No votes
Chernabog
No votes
Captain Hook
16%
Shere Khan
No votes
Prince John
3%
The Horned King
No votes
Professor Ratigan
5%
Gaston
5%
Jafar
30%
Scar
24%
Judge Claude Frollo
8%
Hades
No votes
Shan Yu
3%
Other: Please specify
3%

Total votes: 37

MagicMirror
Gold Classic Collection

Your favourite male villain

Post by MagicMirror »

Since there was a poll on female villains, I thought I'd add one for the men. They are listed in chronological order. I have included what I think are the most popular bad blokes, but there is an 'other' option as well if your favourite is not on the list.

I think it's harder to choose favourites out of the male villains. Of the villainesses, the most popular are generally Maleficent and Ursula (though Cruella, Queenie and Lady Tremaine should definitely be up there as well, and sometimes are). But, since there are so many more male Disney Villains, many of them very, very good, many of them seem quite evenly matched, and are very hard to compare. I keep picking one and changing my mind - I'm having trouble choosing between more than half of the list myself! I'll wait and think about it before voting.

I also must give special mention to Jafar, who I listed in the 'Overrated Characters' thread. I have to say that, even if he is overused (through no fault of his own), he is definitely one of Disney's most appealing male villains (which puts him in rather the same predicament as Maleficent). I recently rewatched 'Aladdin' and was admiring Andreas Deja's brilliant animation.
myr_heille
Gold Classic Collection

Post by myr_heille »

I love Gaston. I love the fact that he is both comic relief and villain - a shape-shifter that's not so frequent (though Hades also is, to some point). And the song Gaston is sooo great! My admiration for Deja also plays a great part in my love for the character.

I think TLK is way overrated, but Scar is a very good villain too - killing your brother and trying to kill your nephew is downright evil.
Aladdin from Agrabah
Special Edition

Post by Aladdin from Agrabah »

JAFAR

Don't ask me why...he's simply the best!
QueenRahel
Gold Classic Collection

Post by QueenRahel »

it was hard to choose, but i also voted for jafar cause i think hes the scariest, but my favs beside him are scar, gaston, prof ratigan, and shere khan...and cant forget chernabog
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Shan-Yu. Then Hades.

I like Jafar as a character (the whole finale is probably the best action scene in any Disney movie), but his whole design is horrible. The mouth is the worst part.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Jasmine1022
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jasmine1022 »

i voted for scar. the movie may be over rated but scar is one of those villians that you hate to love AND love to hate. if he was a human he would totally send my mind reeling with passion.

jafar would have been my second choice.
Simba3
Collector's Edition

Post by Simba3 »

If you know me at all by now, you know I voted for Scar
Signature courtesy of blackcauldron85!!
lord-of-sith
Collector's Edition

Post by lord-of-sith »

Jafar, he's my 2nd favorite villain of them all.
Simba3
Collector's Edition

Post by Simba3 »

I would ask for a "Favorite Female Villain" poll, but I'm pretty sure we all know Maleficent would dominate that, with Ursula probably coming in a distant second. Am I right?
Signature courtesy of blackcauldron85!!
QueenRahel
Gold Classic Collection

Post by QueenRahel »

wow, thats exactly what i was gonna say!!!! and yes were prolly right!!! i woulda voted for maleficent, along with everyone else prolly
memnv
Collector's Edition

Post by memnv »

Capt Hook is my favorite, We have done female ones before
Dark Knight Rulez
DisneyFanatic
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DisneyFanatic »

My favorites are Capitan Hook and Gaston. Capitan Hook is just plain great. As far as Gaston goes, I have never hated a villain more than Gaston! He is so arrogant and conceited!! I hate him! Then at the end he becomes so full of hate and is so evil!

But I think that the scariest villain is probably Scar because he killed his brother and tried to kill his nephew. I think that Frollo is also very scary because he is so realistic (but I don't like the movie Hunchback).

Thankfully, due to the upcoming release of Peter Pan I will get to watch my favorite villain!!!
Yeah Disney!!!
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Frollo and Chernabog. nuff said.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
cinder-elle

Post by cinder-elle »

I chose the one who I think is the most evil...Scar. Because going against your own flesh and blood, in my personal opinion, is the greatest evil.
jeremy88
Anniversary Edition

Post by jeremy88 »

Captain Hook fo sho, Disney's first attempt at making a comedic villain and I must say they did a good Job.
Gurgi30
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Gurgi30 »

I think Captain Hook and Ratigan are the best. However, I chose to go with Ratigan who has the best villian song ever.
Lil' Pixie
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Lil' Pixie »

I'm going with Captain Hook... come on, they even gave him his own Movie!!!
MagicMirror
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MagicMirror »

I still haven't voted yet; I can't decide which of the following to vote for:

Stromboli: That the man has only two scenes and a relatively minor role, but has still left such a lasting impression after all these years really says something. He's the only male villain who succeeds in being both funny and scary.

Chernabog: Need anything be said? I love the Kay Nielsen design and the Bill Tytla animation.

Captain Hook: I'm very tempted to go with Hook here. A more complex caracter than really meets the eye. When I was young, I always went to fancy dress parties as Hook and pitied those who dressed up as Peter (who is still one of Disney's best heroes)! :lol:

Shere Khan: I simply cannot believe that Scar is winning with Shere Khan receiving no votes at all. He is practically the embodiment of the suave, sinister British baddie. Scar wishes he could be like Shere Khan. 8) Without a oubt he can be described as the 'coolest' character Disney has created. His upper-class approach to things is really what makes it one of my favourites. Shere Khan really couldn't be bothered with "all that" and was so awfully polite.

Prince John: Quite simply, great animation, and the funniest character Disney has created, in my opinion. Peter Ustinov's voice is brilliant, and his chemistry with Hiss is brilliant.

Professor Ratigan: A Disney Villain voiced by Vincent Price is a dream come true. A complex character; he resents his common, savage nature and hides it with a facade of respectability. Probably my favourite Glen Keane character.

Judge Claude Frollo: Another complex character, and a very applicable allegory to today's authority figures. Frollo is a worthy successor to Cinderella's Lady Tremaine, and his little side smirks and prudish sneers add to his character. Hellfire is his best moment. An excellently developed charagter.

Hades: A brilliant design from the great Gerald Scarfe, and beautiful animation. Once again, Hades is torn etween two sides of his personality. This is one of those cases when the minions bring out the best in the villain. James Woods' voice seems to have been the catalyst in defining this character.

Granted, I have listed more than half, but it is a difficult decision!
Chernabog_Rocks
Collector's Edition

Post by Chernabog_Rocks »

Chernabog :D Although Monstro is pretty scary in Pinocchio, Chernabog is the first villain I was actually scared of, I used to have this huuuuge poster will all the villains on it when I was little and I remember having to cover him up since at night the moon light would shine on the poster at the top where he was and it was very creepy :lol: :lol:
Jay
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jay »

Jafar use to be my favorite Disney Villain but now I would place him lower on my list but I don't hate or despise the character. Scar is my favorite. Then Frollo and Shan Yu after that. Then Ratigan and Shere Kahn after them. Hook,Hades and Jafar would fall at the end my list. Though I love Hook he's not my favorite villain at all. I really don't care for the others.