Finding Nemo TV Series?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
2099net
Signature Collection

Finding Nemo TV Series?

Post by 2099net »

Did anyone spot this on Animated Movies?
Disney's Plans to Milk the Finding Nemo Franchise
The Laughing Place reports on a presentation that Michael Eisner made at the Deutsche Banc Alex Brown's Entertainment Day Conference on June 4th, 2003. There, he talked about franchise building and the digital decade at The Walt Disney Company. This is a form of the model Disney uses for growth which is developing new properties while finding new ways to distribute the properties. Disney is known for using films as a way to develop franchises. The problem is that the shelf life of films is short and if a there is a failure there is a major gap in the earnings of the company. This is why Disney is refocusing its efforts on developing properties: "the Finding Nemo franchise will be supported with plans for a sequel, TV show, consumer products, and a theme park attraction, an update of the Living Seas at Epcot, which will offer a flow of operating income."
Personally I can't see Pixar agreeing to a TV series (I know that they did for Buzz Lightyear... but that's not really a Toy Story continuation). So I would imagine some other company would animate it (drawn or cgi?)

However I think this is nothing more than a negotiating ploy by Disney ie. Sign-up again and we'll can the Nemo spin-offs. Leave us, and we can do what we want with the characters.

What do you think?
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
jabroni76
Special Edition

Post by jabroni76 »

i think what you said is pretty logicall, but then again, if Disney was to make a TV series using Nemo, and Pixar wsa to leave, the pixar name wouldn't be used. Only disney. So Pixar would not be affected by this, since most people think there is no Pixar, just Disney...

But I do see waht you are saying!
goofystitch
Collector's Edition

Will Pixar Leave Disney?

Post by goofystitch »

I Can see Disney taking over the Finding Nemo tv series (They are currently making a Lilo And Stitch one for Disney Channel to be a continuation of the Direct to video Stitch!) but I've been hearing rumors that once Pixar finishes with the movies they've started with Disney (The Incredibles and Cars) they want to break off and become their own independant company. Does anyone know more?
jabroni76
Special Edition

Post by jabroni76 »

^^^

Well, my personal view on the matter is that Pixar is here to stay with Disney for a long while. Other people's views, is that Pixar is going to leave the minute Car's is released. My reasoning for Pixar staying is simple. Disney advertises and releases the movies. That is great for Pixar. Sure they split the cost 50/50, but the general market of movie goers, especially the ones who love animation are the young children, think Pixar is owned by Disney, which basically sells the movie!

I hope that makes sense...
Loomis
Signature Collection
Location: Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Post by Loomis »

The Pixar/Disney relationship has certainly been a successful one, but I'd hate to see a product that did not live up to its predecessor. Pixar's one sequel so far was just as enjoyable as the first, but I am yet to see any of the animated Buzz Lightyear.

I'm not sure how an animated series would work either.
"Hey, Nemo is lost again!"
Found him!!!
"Phew! Wait, where'd he go now...."
Behind the Panels - Comic book news, reviews and podcast
The Reel Bits - All things film
Twitter - Follow me on Twitter
indianajdp
Anniversary Edition

Post by indianajdp »

jabroni76 wrote: Disney advertises and releases the movies. That is great for Pixar. Sure they split the cost 50/50, but the general market of movie goers, especially the ones who love animation are the young children, think Pixar is owned by Disney, which basically sells the movie!

I hope that makes sense...
Makes perfect sense. I'd even venture to guess that Disney fronts the $$ for the marketing/advertising/promotional machine...heck they are already so well established in that arena I would guess it's just a matter of budgeting for Disney. With what, 5 Pixar movies now they should be able to forecast and budget fairly well.

Let Pixar spend their time and $$ on Research, Development and Production of a quality product. Then let Disney take care of the rest. That's how it'd work in my perfect world anyway ;)
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

This idea would have never worked. How can they make a series out of a fish getting lost? It would get really tedious.
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

PixarFan2006 wrote:This idea would have never worked. How can they make a series out of a fish getting lost? It would get really tedious.
Well, so far we've seen two successful television shows about people trapped on an island. I'm sure they'd find some way to have an ongoing show about a lost fish. :P

Escapay
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
ichabod
Diamond Edition

Post by ichabod »

PixarFan2006 wrote:This idea would have never worked. How can they make a series out of a fish getting lost? It would get really tedious.
Well they strung it out into a film and nobody minded the tedium! ;)
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Kind of a pointless bump, no?
Mr. Toad
Diamond Edition

Post by Mr. Toad »

Thank you Luke, I wanted to say that but I thought I had been crossing dangerously into mod territory in feedback already.
Disneyland Trips - 07/77, 07/80, 07/83, 05/92, 05/96, 05/97, 06/00, 11/00, 02/02, 06/02, 11/02, 04/06, 01/07, 07/07, 11/07,11/08, 07/09

Disneyworld Trips - 01/05

Disney Cruise - 01/05

Six Flags DK - 03/09, 05/09. 06/09, 07/09
James
Anniversary Edition

Post by James »

Yeah, I wanted to say it too. I agree though that it was just leverage to get Pixar to sign up and continue the partnership. And if they were going to actually make a TV series then they would've made one by now. But I would like to see what they would've come up with if they ahd made it.
-James
DisneyFreak5282
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFreak5282 »

I have a kinda OT question, but I figured that I'd ask it here rather than create a whole new topic for it, but wasn't there a failed sequel in the works, Finding Nemo 2?
UDer #3495 :D
numba1lostboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by numba1lostboy »

DisneyFreak5282 wrote:I have a kinda OT question, but I figured that I'd ask it here rather than create a whole new topic for it, but wasn't there a failed sequel in the works, Finding Nemo 2?
I'll bet there are failed sequels for all of the Pixar films. They did so well, why wouldn't they plan sequels? :P
But Pixar seems to be strigent on keeping their work original. They've only turned one film into a franchise (and, IMO, their weakest one). So I don't see it happening. But just because it hasn't happened by now doesn't mean it won't. The Emperor's New Groove came out in theatres several years ago and the series is the one of the newest on Disney Channel.
:pan: Love It.
Sotiris

Re: Finding Nemo TV series?

Post by Sotiris »

I highly doubt this is true. Disney wouldn't waste a billion dollar IP on a TV show. Pixar and WDAS films that are modestly successful at the box office get TV series (Tangled, Big Hero 6, Monsters University, Cars 3) while films that gross over a billion get theatrical sequels (Frozen, Zootopia, Incredibles 2, Finding Dory, Toy Story 3).
Q: Is there really going to be a Pixar's Cars show on Disney+?

The DisInsider: I haven't heard if that rumor is true, but the cool rumor I've heard was a Finding Nemo series is possible.
Source: https://i.imgur.com/p1eWYLh.jpg
Skyler Shuler wrote:Pixar is getting ready to animate and develop, alongside Andrew Stanton, a Finding Nemo series.
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnsXNBkDiBc
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Perhaps a series of shorts or specials ala Toy Story?
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

UmbrellaFish wrote:Perhaps a series of shorts or specials ala Toy Story?
A series of shorts is much more likely.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Sotiris wrote:
UmbrellaFish wrote:Perhaps a series of shorts or specials ala Toy Story?
A series of shorts is much more likely.
Maybe the fish tank characters or Mr. Ray's school of fish.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Warm Regards
Special Edition

Post by Warm Regards »

Maybe they can make a short where Bruce and the shark gang teach Bailey and Destiny the perks of being vegetarians (considering the latter 2 eat small fish in Finding Dory, and that's how Dory finds Destiny in the first place...) :P
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

What I've been saying! If not a third movie, I would love a show that expand the relationships of Dory and her parents, Nemo and Marlin, and Dory and Marlin (hopefully romantically).