Rank the Disney/Pixar Films

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Wow, this thread is older than some forum members! I think my rankings have remained the same, with Nemo taking #4 and bumping down Monsters, Inc.

Can't wait to see The Incredibles! Showtime!
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
Just Myself
Platinum Edition

Post by Just Myself »

I still have doubts about The Incredibles.

1. Finding Nemo
2. Monsters Inc.
3. Toy Story
4. Toy Story 2
5. A Bug's Life
Cheers,
JM :thumb:
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Wow, I didn't even notice that this was an old topic until Luke mentioned it (and I was somewhat puzzled that early in the topic Luke said he hadn't seen Finding Nemo yet, lol!)

Anyways, my rankings:

1. Finding Nemo - Dory steals every scene, and if not for FN, I wouldn't have my kick-ass name, Escapay.

2. Toy Story 2 - this film joins the small group of films that show sequels can be better than the original. Others include Star Trek II, Empire Strikes Back, Superman II, Spider-Man 2, X2, etc.

3. Toy Story - while I found Buzz to be completely naive and my least favorite character in the first movie, I grew to love him after he broke his arm and became Mrs. Nesbit.

4. A Bug's Life - It's a rock. And Tuck and Roll should have trademarked "You're Fired!" before Trump tried to.

5. Monsters Inc. - Probably because I haven't seen it as much as the others, but it's a really nice film and Boo is probably my favorite character in the movie.
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
ichabod
Diamond Edition

Post by ichabod »

1. A Bug's Life
2. Toy Story 2
3. Finding Nemo
4. Toy Story
5. Monsters Inc.
Hey Pluto

Post by Hey Pluto »

1. Finding Nemo
2. Monster's Inc.
3. Toy Story 2
4. Toy story
5. A Bug's Life

I like all the movies and suspect Incredibles will be good as well, but to me the animation and the storylines of both FN and MI are really good, but Nemo gets the slight edge because my daughter says so. :D
DreamerQ18
Anniversary Edition

Post by DreamerQ18 »

Fun here is my ranking:

1.Monsters Inc.
2.Finding Nemo
3.Toy Story
4.Toy Story 2
5.A Bugs life

If i would have been a member lasy year before Finding Nemo came out I guess that if I were looking back I would just say Toy Story has been knocked down. Now we have to wait and see the Incredibles :) .
TheZue
Gold Classic Collection

Post by TheZue »

Here are mine:

1) Toy Story 1 & 2....we always watch them together, in our house it's like one movie now lol

2) A Bug's Life...I think this was really under rated as well

3) Finding Nemo...I saw this in the theatre when my son was around 6 months old. I just loved the part when Marlin was talking about how he promised he'd never let anything happen to Nemo and Dory said that was a funny thing to promise cause nothing would ever happen to him. It was a great thing for a new parent to hear.

4) Monsters Inc...I enjoy this one but it lacks the sentimental value for me that the other Pixar films have.

Even with that list it's all pretty close. I love all of the Pixar movies and have always felt that they kept up the standards of the big four in the early 90's; even if they weren't directly from Disney.
Evil Genie Jafar
Anniversary Edition
Location: Humacao, Puerto Rico; there's more to PR than San Juan!

Post by Evil Genie Jafar »

1) Finding Nemo: Everything about this movie is great. I love it. Awesome animation, great story, plot and pacing.

2) A Bug's Life: For me it was the best before FN arrived. Extremely funny and so colorful; one of the few Dvd's I'm going to upgrade.

3) Toy Story 2: The best of the 2 Toy Story's. Nice action and a better told story. I just don't like the too much Western stuff; I don't like Western stuff.

4) Toy Story: The first. And a really good, fun and funny movie that still holds today.

5)Monsters Inc: I found the pace too slow, even boring at times. Boo's a cute character but WAY too cute. Besides the balance between drama and comedy felt unbalanced. Too much drama and if it wasn't that then it looked like it. And I didn't it like at all the Roz character.

"You're only second rate!"
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

Here's my ranking:

1. Toy Story 2
2. Toy Story
3. Monsters Inc.
4. Finding Nemo
5. A Bug's Life
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
azul017
Special Edition

Post by azul017 »

1. Toy Story 2
2. Toy Story
3. Finding Nemo (good but overrated)
4. A Bug's Life (which I didn't find very funny)

I'm still up in the air about Monsters, Inc. and The Incredibles, given that I've haven't seen the entirety of MI and that The Incredibles hasn't been released yet (but I'm looking forward to it).
PixarFan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by PixarFan »

Here's how I'd rank them:

1. Tie - Monsters, Inc. and A Bug's Life - Both very good films. Monsters, Inc. with the great animation and humor (and not to mention the door sequence which made my eyes bug out), along with the heartfelt feelings between Sulley and Boo. And A Bug's Life with its great story and humor - it's a very underrated film!

2. Toy Story 2 - This was actually the very first Pixar film I saw, and it impressed me very much. It's got to be the best Disney sequel ever made in my opinion.

3. Toy Story - Just barely ranked below TS2. The characters are great, love the humor, and for a company who before this had just been making commercials and short films, I think it was well above it's expectations.

4. Finding Nemo - Better animation and graphics than any other Pixar film, great characters, much more humor...and only a so-so story. When the movie was over and the credits were rolling, I thought back over the movie, and although I enjoyed it, it didn't do a thing for me. I felt better before the movie started than after. After watching it again, I liked it better, but it still seems a disappointment to me.
DLRP Magic!

Post by DLRP Magic! »

1. Toy Story 2
2. Monsters, Inc.
3. Toy Story
4. Finding Nemo
5. A Bug's Life

Toy Story 2 is my favourite movie, so what can I say?! And the originality of Monsters Inc is incredible.

Can't wait for The Incredibles! At the moment i'm hoping it'll come at least 3rd or 4th. :)
umbreongirl
Gold Classic Collection

Post by umbreongirl »

1) Monsters Inc
...Well...geez...it's a good movie. I can't help it. Yes, very awesome, good, touching...funny...and yet after you watch a few more times....you want to beat the DVD or VHS with a baseball bat. Anoyying when fewed several times, but alass, it's got Randall! And who could hate him? ^ ^
2) Toy Story 2
Gotta go with the sequeal. Much more funny than the first and much more surprises.......Plus, unlike Monster's Inc, no matter how many times i watch this one, i don't wanna kill anything! ^ ^ So yeah, it's a good one.
3) Finding Nemo
....Well, it kept going to funny...then sad....then normal....then funny..ect ect...it was a sorta good one. Didn't like the pattern, though. The characters, however, were very well thought out. I personally liked 'em all. Very nice use of water.....ish....ness...
4) Toy Story
Funny, cute, sad just a bit and very heart warming. Also, my first movie I went to see in theatres when I first moved to Cheyenne! ^ ^
5)Bug's Life
Dunno........Didn't really like it alot. Once again, nice character designs, but I didn't like the plot. It was good and all...I just didn't sorta like it. Plus, I HATE...HATE...bugs...~ ~...gah...
Lucylover1986
Special Edition

Post by Lucylover1986 »

Here's my list:

1. Toy Story - 10/10
2. Monsters, Inc. - 9/10
3. Toy Story 2 - 8.5/10
4. Finding Nemo - 7.5/10
5. A Bug's Life - 4/10
Simba3
Collector's Edition

Rank the Disney/Pixar Films

Post by Simba3 »

Hey everyone! Since there are just 7 Disney/Pixar films (thus far) I though it would be cool for everyone to rank them in order of their favorites (and include a brief explaination if you so choose). By the way, I searched for a topic like this and didn't find one, so my apologies if there IS one already. My order is as follows:

1. Toy Story
2. Finding Nemo
3. The Incredibles
4. A Bugs Life
5. Monsters, Inc
6. Toy Story 2
7. Cars

Toy Story was the original and first 3D animated movie, so it is definately my favorite. Finding Nemo is a close second, I saw this movie in the theater and thought it was amazing. The Incredibles is third, strangely enough I didn't think I was going to like this movie, and just saw it for the first time a couple months ago and was VERY pleasantly surprised. A Bugs Life comes in at number 4, I think this movie is really cute, and I feel it is often overlooked when Disney/Pixar films are discussed. Next comes Monsters, Inc which I think was clever and quite cute. Toy Story 2 comes next, this film was a pretty good sequel (looking forward to Toy Story 3 if it ever sees the light of day). And finally Cars comes in at number 7. The movie was decent, but not one of the best (in my opinion--obviously)
Signature courtesy of blackcauldron85!!
Mr. Toad
Diamond Edition

Post by Mr. Toad »

Hmmm. We must have done this before. The thing that blows me away is trying to pick which one for last. It is very difficult. None of them are bad or even below average.

1. Monsters Inc.
2. Toy Story
3. Finding Nemo
4. Incredibles
5. Cars
6. Bugs Life
7. Toy Story 2(I guess just because it is a sequel)
Disneyland Trips - 07/77, 07/80, 07/83, 05/92, 05/96, 05/97, 06/00, 11/00, 02/02, 06/02, 11/02, 04/06, 01/07, 07/07, 11/07,11/08, 07/09

Disneyworld Trips - 01/05

Disney Cruise - 01/05

Six Flags DK - 03/09, 05/09. 06/09, 07/09
Nala
Anniversary Edition

Post by Nala »

1. Cars
2. The Incredibles
3. Toy Story
4. Finding Nemo
5. Toy Story 2
6. Monsters, Inc.
7. A Bug's Life

I like them all but I like Cars the best as I first saw it in a theatre and I really like Lightning McQueen and Sally, my two favourite characters from the movie.
My Growing DVD Collection!

http://www.invelos.com/DVDCollection.aspx/Pocahontas

Disneyland Trips: 09/87, 12/08

Walt Disney World Trips: 09/08, 12/09, 06/11, 09/14

Knott's Berry Farm: 09/87, 12/08
DaveWadding
Collector's Edition

Post by DaveWadding »

1. Cars
2. Toy Story
3. Monsters Inc.
4. The Incredibles
5. A Bug's Life
6. Toy Story 2
7. Finding Nemo
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Simba3 wrote:By the way, I searched for a topic like this and didn't find one, so my apologies if there IS one already.
A couple old ones, from 2003 and 2005:

Rank & Rate the Pixar Films (2003)

Your Favourite Pixar/Disney Movie (2005)

Anyways, I haven't had a chance to check if I replied in either of those old threads, but tastes change over time, so here's my current listing:

1. Toy Story and Toy Story 2 - you can't go wrong with either one, both are Pixar at their best and the first has all the components of a truly great film: compelling story, memorable characters, and beautiful imagery. The sequel takes it all and repeats it in an inventive way while also pushing the story and the characters' lives forward. I was hoping, though, that Toy Story 2 would have the return of Buzz as the darjeeling-sipping Mrs. Nesbit, but the new Buzz with utility belt was a hoot and pretty good substitute.

2. Finding Nemo - my favorite of the seven, and while I do admit there are some story problems and character nuances that I don't quite enjoy, my love for the attitude of the film far outshines those little problems. And of course, if not for this film, I would not have my namesake.

3. The Incredibles - At last, Pixar branches out from the buddy-buddy format and delivers an entertaining action and family film. Sure, it's a thinly-veiled homage to Fantastic Four, but at the same time, presents itself as an engaging story that leaves you begging for a sequel featuring them battling the Underminer.

4. A Bug's Life - As the second Pixar film, it's more epic in scope than Toy Story with very interesting visual sequences and a crazy cast of characters. Plus, the trailer is kickass because it uses "Baba O'Riley" from The Who.

5. Monsters Inc. - I hate putting this one so low, but it's a short list. It's a unique story (the secret life of monsters) and I loved Mike Wazowski. I really can't find much to say about this film, mainly because I haven't watched it as much as I have the others.

6. Cars - I was truly disappointed with this one. Then again, I saw the film once in theatres, with an annoying ex-friend who talked incessently, but even after I rewatched it on DVD, I just can't say that I love this film the way I loved others. It's got interesting sequences, but being as I never was a big fan of Owen Wilson, racecars, or road-trip-gone-bad movies (except for National Lampoon's Vacation), I couldn't really get into this film the way others have.

Escapay
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Caballero Girl
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Caballero Girl »

1. Toy Story
2. The Incredibles
3. Monsters Inc
4. Toy Story 2
5. Finding Nemo
6. Cars
7. A Bug's Life

Toy Story blew me away at the age of 11, and remains my favourite to this day. No need to list its many qualities when Escapay has done a fine enough job already. Toy Story 2 does come very close to matching its brilliance, but I feel the need to place the Incredibles and Monsters Inc above it all the same. Both great films with wonderful characters and storylines, and lots of rich, subtle humour. I know that lots of people love Finding Nemo, and I do too, but there did seem to be something lacking, which kept it from being quite as satisfying as the four films above. I enjoyed Cars, but I definitly think it will go down as one of Pixar's lesser efforts. And, as much as I love Kevin Spacey (Hopper!!! Noooooo!!!), I still find myself having to rate A Bug's Life as the weakest. When it first came out, I was pretty underwhelmed, thinking it a disappointing follow-up to Toy Story, and if anything time has set it back even further, by providing even more great films to overshadow it (including its eventual companion piece, Geri's Game).
Last edited by Caballero Girl on Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:41 am, edited 3 times in total.